H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 10-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I have an '03 and a couple of months ago got the new programming updates done from my dealer that has improved the gas mileage, etc.

Other members here had the same thing done and found out that they could no longer use their Diablosport Predator Programmer.

I contacted Diablosport and they had me download the stock tune from my truck onto the tuner, then upload the stock tune to my computer so I could email the tune to them so that they could look at it and fix it so that I could again use my programmer.

They sent the programming back in less than a day and I am going to "play" with the settings to see if I can get more out of the engine. The main thing I wanted to have back was the shift control being removed.
Banned

I have an '03 and a couple of months ago got the new programming updates done from my dealer that has improved the gas mileage, etc.

Other members here had the same thing done and found out that they could no longer use their Diablosport Predator Programmer.

I contacted Diablosport and they had me download the stock tune from my truck onto the tuner, then upload the stock tune to my computer so I could email the tune to them so that they could look at it and fix it so that I could again use my programmer.

They sent the programming back in less than a day and I am going to "play" with the settings to see if I can get more out of the engine. The main thing I wanted to have back was the shift control being removed.
Banned

Old 10-06-2004, 03:33 PM

ChuckE is off the scale

I just received my Predator yesterday, and I have not used it yet. I haven't even opened the book yet, but I will by this weekend.

I am now wondering if whatever modifications were done to their base code is usable for both, old and new, dealer stock tunes for the 03 Hummer H2. Any idea?

Also, is there a way of querying the Predator to know which code set is in the Predator, like a version or version date? and what is the version you currently have?

Thanks for any info.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Banned

My software version is 1.03 but my tuner was manufactured 09/02.

I would contact Diablosport and ask them what should be done.

If you have had any programming updates from the dealer then it would a good idea to do what I did and upload your tune to your computer and send it in to Diablosport.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

Little General is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a '03 and had the 1.03 version. Got the most recent update on my H2 and heard it could fry the H2's brain if I used the Predator. Called Predator and they said it could happen. They offered to update at no charge all I had to do was send the unit to Fla. They did not update it but rather sent me a brand new one,1.06 version. I can't say enough about the service, great people to work with. I got better low rpm performace and more pepp. Have not checked to see how bab it hurt the MPG.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:50 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

Hey I have the proflash, can it be upgraded??

I love updates..

Jerry
Old 10-19-2004, 06:48 AM

ChuckE is off the scale

I thought I read, somewhere in these pages, about how great DiabloSport Support was. But, so far, you couldn't prove it by me.

I have gone to their website and filled in a page asking a question, expecting some response. I did this twice. The first time was a week ago, and then after a few days I did the same thing again, with the same question. In the 2nd attempt I even mentioned to them that this was a 2nd request for information (about the 03 H2 dealer reflashes and the version of the Predator). That 2nd request was a few days ago, and still no response.

Perhaps somebody here has some influence with DiabloSport. If so, tell them they have a disappointed customer here.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:30 AM

MisterEd is off the scale

I thought I had the same response problem and then to my own embarassment discovered that my filters were grabbing the responses as "spam"....

Every question I have asked has been answered the same day......And, the folks at Diablo solved my problems...
Old 10-19-2004, 03:15 PM

ChuckE is off the scale

That is also what I thought might happen, so I reviewed all my normally cast off spam, before actually deleting it. I never saw any email from them.

But I didn't have a problem; I was just asking a question about revisions of the Predator programmer for the H2. Maybe, "just questions" get lower priority.

I will wait another day, and if still no observed response, I will submit it one more time, and tell them another email address for me.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:53 PM

Patriot is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChuckE:
I thought I read, somewhere in these pages, about how great DiabloSport Support was. But, so far, you couldn't prove it by me.

I have gone to their website and filled in a page asking a question, expecting some response. I did this twice. The first time was a week ago, and then after a few days I did the same thing again, with the same question. In the 2nd attempt I even mentioned to them that this was a 2nd request for information (about the 03 H2 dealer reflashes and the version of the Predator). That 2nd request was a few days ago, and still no response.

Perhaps somebody here has some influence with DiabloSport. If so, tell them they have a disappointed customer here. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChuckE:
That is also what I thought might happen, so I reviewed all my normally cast off spam, before actually deleting it. I never saw any email from them.

But I didn't have a problem; I was just asking a question about revisions of the Predator programmer for the H2. Maybe, "just questions" get lower priority.

I will wait another day, and if still no observed response, I will submit it one more time, and tell them another email address for me.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey...here's a F'in clue. Why not try CALLING them instead of waiting by your PC like a two-toothed yetti waiting for a prom date?
Old 10-19-2004, 05:45 PM

ChuckE is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patriot:
Hey...here's a F'in clue. Why not try CALLING them instead of waiting by your PC like a two-toothed yetti waiting for a prom date? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I will call them. Thanks for the F'in clue. Like I really needed that! I only used their website because that is what they provide for easy answers. By calling them you usually get to talk to a receptionist who thinks up an answer. A message that is entered right from a website page is generally routed right to the responsible party, those in the know.

So, how was your prom? Did you finally get that call?
Old 10-19-2004, 05:55 PM

Patriot is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> By calling them you usually get to talk to a receptionist who thinks up an answer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's ANOTHER F'in clue....ask the receptionist for TECHNICAL SERVICE. Wow...what a concept huh??

You are the king of smartass comments here since you arrived...just thought I'd dish some back your way...

Oh...I did go to the prom...your sister put out almost as well as your Mom...but you'd probably know that huh?

Seriously...just give them a call..they'll hook you up...
Old 10-19-2004, 08:12 PM
Banned

Karma's a bitch isn't it. I know that Patriot, Klaus and I are just a few that have received excellent service from Diablosport.

Funny that you are the only one that has complained about their customer service. Not surprising though.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:05 AM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

I too, get GREAT service from Diablo. I am not getting into the pissing contest on this thread but it is simple to get good answers over the phone from Diablo.

And...no one there will risk their fabulous tuner's reputation by making up an answer. They are serious people with a great product.