H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-31-2004, 03:42 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

I'm doing the TNR Nav/XM and CD changer under the rear seat upgrade. Everythings gone fine so far except the cd harness is really complicated and NO instructions. I've installed the XM tuner, mounted the CD and routed all the cables. Now, the CD cable has multiple connectors and it appears I connect their 24 female pin connector to the factory 24 male connector and the same with the other connector. Then when I match up the other logical connectors with the XM cable it looks right (leaves me with the appropriate connectors to plug in rear of the NAV. Except I end up with one extra connector but it looks like just a duplucate off the other connection (maybe for a 2nd unit????). Also, I guess I still have to change the two wires in the connector 24 pin connector for the XM but in the factory connector or the new interfaced 24 pin connector with the CD or does it matter??? I'm going to call support first thing in the morning but with the holiday who knows if they're open. Any help would be appreciated. Changer is a SCD-G7i

Here's a pic if it helps
Attached Images

I'm doing the TNR Nav/XM and CD changer under the rear seat upgrade. Everythings gone fine so far except the cd harness is really complicated and NO instructions. I've installed the XM tuner, mounted the CD and routed all the cables. Now, the CD cable has multiple connectors and it appears I connect their 24 female pin connector to the factory 24 male connector and the same with the other connector. Then when I match up the other logical connectors with the XM cable it looks right (leaves me with the appropriate connectors to plug in rear of the NAV. Except I end up with one extra connector but it looks like just a duplucate off the other connection (maybe for a 2nd unit????). Also, I guess I still have to change the two wires in the connector 24 pin connector for the XM but in the factory connector or the new interfaced 24 pin connector with the CD or does it matter??? I'm going to call support first thing in the morning but with the holiday who knows if they're open. Any help would be appreciated. Changer is a SCD-G7i

Here's a pic if it helps

Here's a pic if it helps
Old 03-25-2005, 10:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

Hey Vegas,
I'm working on my install right now. No instructions either. How did you ultimately wire it together? Anny help would be appreciated.
Bevo
Yellow 03 Adventure w/black Grill, UM8 Touch Screen Navigation Radio, U2K XM Digital Radio, Remote 6-CD Changer, JBA Titanium Headers, Corsa Off-Road Sport, Airaid Filter & MIT, Nology Wires & Plugs, S&P Pro-Flash, Warn 9.5ti w/X-Line, Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:24 AM
Hummer Professional

md_sailor is off the scale

Small world Vegas. I am in the same boat you are. I Emailed the Vendor for Install instructions on the same unit but have not heard back yet. I'll share if I hear anything. Please do the same.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

MD,
Wire it up just like Vegas' picture. Make sure to complete the 4 way connectors. The other 9 pin male is a spare. I started with the wiring for TNR, then did XM, and finally the CD changer. Works like a champ. Now I only have to figure out how to bundle all of the extra wires in the small space behind the radio.
Bevo
Yellow 03 Adventure w/black Grill, UM8 Touch Screen Navigation Radio, U2K XM Digital Radio, Remote 6-CD Changer, JBA Titanium Headers, Corsa Off-Road Sport, Airaid Filter & MIT, Nology Wires & Plugs, S&P Pro-Flash, Warn 9.5ti w/X-Line, Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Hummer Professional

You read my mind! looks like its time to get creative with the zip ties!
Old 03-27-2005, 02:58 AM

Sorry guys, I'm on a project of my own & just now got to your posts. That IS an extra connector for ANOTHER optional unit if you can imagine another one. Isn't that a mess in there? You have to be very careful & get all those wires just right to get the head unit to go back all the way. Just put the connectors together that fit as my picture above and you'll end up with that one extra as shown above. If I can help let me know.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:49 PM

Okay guys, don't leave us hanging. Did you get them installed & running? Nice, aren't they.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:46 AM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

Up and running and works like a champ.OBTW the GPS antenna does not have to be modified. There is a recessed bolt about 4 inches to the right of where Klaus installed his. That is the stock mounting position. Reception using this mount point is just dandy. However, Vegas' and Klaus' mount points will probably have greater GPS visibility in dense/crowded areas. Just thought I'd let you guys know that GPS antenna modifications are optional.
Bevo
Old 03-28-2005, 03:55 AM

Thanks for the info Bevo. Glad you like it & install went okay. Can you believe that much work just to put a damn radio in??
Old 03-28-2005, 05:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

Much more work than I thought. I'm getting to old for this kinda stuff. The wife wasn't happy about the dash being in pieces in the living room either.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:23 AM
Hummer Professional

Nirvana acheived! I have the XM, Changer, Nav install done. It is wonderful to have it done and working... the only thing is I seem to have a Screw left over..... Doh!