H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP ME OUT

Maybe you all can explain why the no0bs, and some vets, don't understand what the "Search" function is for.

Any opinions are appreciated and welcome as I can't seem to figure it out myself.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP ME OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
Maybe you all can explain why the no0bs, and some vets, don't understand what the "Search" function is for.

Any opinions are appreciated and welcome as I can't seem to figure it out myself.

Ken,

In my company, I tend to deal with the "twenty somethings" quite abit. This is an age cohort that is very conditioned by instant gratification.

They do want to go thru the trouble of searching, they just want the answer.

IF you like, along with my T&A duties, I can add n00b Patrol?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

This topic has been discussed at length. Please use the search button before discussing the search problem.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:53 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
This topic has been discussed at length. Please use the search button before discussing the search problem.
Atleast I got my "instant gratification".
Old 07-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
Ken,

In my company, I tend to deal with the "twenty somethings" quite abit. This is an age cohort that is very conditioned by instant gratification.

They do want to go thru the trouble of searching, they just want the answer.

Oh, the truth comes out at last! You hate "twenty somethings"... real cool Bebe!

The problem is...young adults these days work more than you old folks do. We don't have the time to waste searching for stuff, not to mention it's way smarter to just ask the question, piss off some people and be done with it!

We aren't accustomed to having to wait 6 months for someone to deliver and return a message via horseback like you all were when you were "twenty something"! When we want information, we want it now w/o any hassle. You can't just expect us to change overnight.

You better get used to our instant gratification deal pretty soon, as you already are or will be in nursing homes and we (twenty somethings) will be caring for you. We don't have time to wait around and let you die either if you get what I'm saying...

And for the non "twenty somethings" not using the search engine, that's just ****ed up.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
Oh, the truth comes out at last! You hate "twenty somethings"... real cool Bebe!

The problem is...young adults these days work more than you old folks do. We don't have the time to waste searching for stuff, not to mention it's way smarter to just ask the question, piss off some people and be done with it!

We aren't accustomed to having to wait 6 months for someone to deliver and return a message via horseback like you all were when you were "twenty something"! When we want information, we want it now w/o any hassle. You can't just expect us to change overnight.

You better get used to our instant gratification deal pretty soon, as you already are or will be in nursing homes and we (twenty somethings) will be caring for you. We don't have time to wait around and let you die either if you get what I'm saying...

And for the non "twenty somethings" not using the search engine, that's just ****ed up.
That brought some loud laughter!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
That brought some loud laughter!!!

Then my job is done. The laughter had a serious tone though, right?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Hummer Guru

MmmmmHmmm.

No don't hate them D, but when you have answered the 150th friking phone call with some kid asking how to do something, and all the instructions are on the table in front of them.....it gets beyond annoying.

Learn something from us old folks, take the time to search for the information....you'll absorb more. It will increase your IQ points

And, you'll get better at research.....
Old 07-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Learn something from us old folks, take the time to search for the information....you'll absorb more. It will increase your IQ points

And, you'll get better at research.....

Uuugghh...but I dont wanna! Cant you just tell me?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Hummer Guru

Ken, I forgot to mention.....they tend to be weenie winer titty babies too.

Sorry
Old 07-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Hummer Guru

Wow, talk about some major age jealously in this thread! I'm giving you the chance to relive your childhood through me, what more do you want?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

did you know that if you do a search for "search" and "kenp" you come up with 13 threads containing both? I found that using search
Old 07-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point

Thinking back a little bit when I was more of a newbe, maybe they did not know about the search option or possible they tried and did not get what they were looking for. Let the guys ask the questions, there is plenty of guys here with over 10,000 post who apparently have plenty of time to post, maybe they can help the newbe instead of insulting them and ridculing them, at least until they know how we interact here. I remember post that I responded to that was nothing to do and several other silly ones. I like helping the newbes, even if it is a stupid question.

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 07-13-2006, 11:59 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouts Out
Thinking back a little bit when I was more of a newbe, maybe they did not know about the search option or possible they tried and did not get what they were looking for. Let the guys ask the questions, there is plenty of guys here with over 10,000 post who apparently have plenty of time to post, maybe they can help the newbe instead of insulting them and ridculing them, at least until they know how we interact here. I remember post that I responded to that was nothing to do and several other silly ones. I like helping the newbes, even if it is a stupid question.
shut up noobie
Old 07-14-2006, 01:10 AM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, im 18 and i got no problem using the search functions. Maybe thats because i havent reached the search rebelion phase yet, or maybe thats just me. But i dont think that age is a factor in desiding whether to use the search function or not. I know of many older people on this forum who neglect to use the search function in light of all their wisdom. I think the problem is that some people just need answers and dont have time to figure out how to phrase thier search terms.

Oh, and as some one stated earlier, there is some serious age jealousy going on here.

Last edited by marin8703 : 07-14-2006 at 01:14 AM.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:13 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin8703
Oh, and as some one stated earlier, there is some serious age jealousy going on here.
I agree.

You punks should just chill out. You'll grow up and be men soon enough, no need to be jealous. Some of us just have a few more battle scars and weather features. One day all you younguns will gain that after some hard work and a little time. So sit back and chill and lay off the jealousy. sheesh
Old 07-14-2006, 01:18 AM
Hummer Messiah

The funny thing is using "search" is faster than having to wait for a response. That means those that ask before searching are just lazy bums.

agrv8r, the true number is 54 covering nearly 3 pages and most of those are telling lazy bums to use the search feature.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:22 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why people don't search

Quote:
The funny thing is using "search" is faster than having to wait for a response. That means those that ask before searching are just lazy bums.

agrv8r, the true number is 54 covering nearly 3 pages and most of those are telling lazy bums to use the search feature.

The other funny thing is that some people will post 5000 posts hammering reposters and not want to tickle out a reference to anything useful.

Then when some lazy bum wants to find out something, they have to mow through those 5000 posts to get any useful information!

Now, you can search "Why people don't search" and relive the truth over and over again!

(yeah, I'm being a smartass)
Old 07-14-2006, 02:26 AM
Hummer Messiah

Default Re: Why people don't search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck BB62
The other funny thing is that some people will post 5000 posts hammering reposters and not want to tickle out a reference to anything useful.

Then when some lazy bum wants to find out something, they have to mow through those 5000 posts to get any useful information!

Now, you can search "Why people don't search" and relive the truth over and over again!

(yeah, I'm being a smartass)
Whew, you almost earned yourself a BIG OLE' banning if it weren't for that last comment. However, I agree with you. It's a good thing there's that "Advanced Search" thingy to cut out unwanted junk.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:58 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
IF you like, along with my T&A duties, I can add n00b Patrol?

Going into hiding now

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights