H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-22-2005, 11:03 PM

therock is off the scale

...me visiting. I need your help. I am trying to find a good place to get a MagnaCharger Radix Supercharger installed on my 05 Chevy Z71. A dealership would be OK if the price is OK.
I have searched the Atlanta area hi and low, and have asked for a recommendation from Magnacharger for an Atlanta area installer without success.
I do a google search and many, many pages deep I stumble into your group and read a thread where a guy got an H2 dealership to do an install for $600.00.
Can I get some recommendations \ leads here?
Old 06-22-2005, 11:03 PM

therock is off the scale

...me visiting. I need your help. I am trying to find a good place to get a MagnaCharger Radix Supercharger installed on my 05 Chevy Z71. A dealership would be OK if the price is OK.
I have searched the Atlanta area hi and low, and have asked for a recommendation from Magnacharger for an Atlanta area installer without success.
I do a google search and many, many pages deep I stumble into your group and read a thread where a guy got an H2 dealership to do an install for $600.00.
Can I get some recommendations \ leads here?
Old 06-22-2005, 11:06 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

That was probably Klaus. PM him and ask. He's in the Atlanta area.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:36 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hummer of Union City did my install and they did a great job.

Jim Tworek, ASE Master Certified Service Technician did the work. His contact info:

(770) 306-6000
jimathummer@yahoo.com

I haven't been back to the dealer since the install, so I can't say that he is still there.

I doubt you'll get that kind of install price, however (I paid full MSRP for my H2 in late 2002 at this dealership). Also, keep in mind your GM warranty is pretty much toast, even if a dealer does the install.

Let us know how it goes!
Old 06-23-2005, 12:13 AM

therock is off the scale

Thank You,
I'll follow up on that. If there is anyone else please bring it on.
I am not up to a debate on the warranty issue right now but have you heard of the magnuson act? It is the law that stops automakers from voiding your warranty for accessories. Magnuson is Magnacharger. They will try, and try hard but you can beat it.
Bill Heard Kennesaw has two 05 Joe Gibbs Racing edition trucks on the floor right with Radix blowers on them and they come with a factory warranty. A truck and an Avalanche.
The blower system has no real guts though. Same blower as a Radix but with 5.3 injectors and fuel pump, and only 4.5 or 5 pounds of boost and the tune is very conservative. The pulley is pressed on with a non-removable fit so changing it requires a full nose piece change.
The Radix we would buy from magnacharger has the 8.1 motor injectors and fuel pump and 6 or more pounds of boost and a more aggressive tune. And you can remove the pulley for an easy change.
Thanks, therock

FYI, I am a member of LS1Tech - Truck Performance Section. And GM Performance Forum.
If you folks need help come on in. Lots of knowledge there. The latter one has been around a very long time.

Thanks
Old 06-23-2005, 02:33 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Many of us are familiar with that ACT. It's been discussed here many times is is the Magnuson-Moss Act. Just do a search and you'll find relavent info.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:53 PM

therock is off the scale

Thank You Klaus! I located Jim Tworek. He works for Hunter Alignment Equipment (Atlanta) now as a road service tech. He returned my call from the road out of St. Louis.
He apparently has burned no bridges because Union City had no problem telling me where he has moved on to. I called his boss and immediately got his cell phone number. We are going to set up the Radix install after the July 4th holiday.
Great group here. I may hang out here to learn the inside of the H2 owners world for a while and quietly fade away.

Thanks Again!
Old 06-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool! Tell Jim I said hello and that I am enjoying the supercharger!

Let us know how the install goes.