H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

Laura is off the scale

well my new H3 was in its first accident and i thought i would let you guys no that she held up perfect...I was rearended and she only has a tiny scratch where the plate goes and its only on the dealersships chrome case thingy anyway the other car is going to need a bumper and hood as far as i could see...also the cop after it was all said and done a many question about the H3 and even asked to sit in it...I think he like it!!!!I will take it by the dealership to confirm thats shes ok!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

Laura is off the scale

well my new H3 was in its first accident and i thought i would let you guys no that she held up perfect...I was rearended and she only has a tiny scratch where the plate goes and its only on the dealersships chrome case thingy anyway the other car is going to need a bumper and hood as far as i could see...also the cop after it was all said and done a many question about the H3 and even asked to sit in it...I think he like it!!!!I will take it by the dealership to confirm thats shes ok!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:18 PM

4ophenia is off the scale

Glad you and your new H3 are okay! Hope the other person is okay too. What kinda car hit you and how fast were they going?

Repressed as a child, but no more ....
Old 11-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Banned

HIHUMMER is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that L, but glad you are okay.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

Laura is off the scale

it was a little convertable (something) and im not sure how fast he was going...I was at a red light and i just was thrown forward, I wasnt looking in my rearview (which i normally do till i see the car behind me stop) He was from out of town and he was a bit of a jerk...I didnt ask him any questions because the first thing he said "is this a no fault state?) and i repyied "nope!" you'll be the one that pays for this!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Laura:
... the first thing he said "is this a no fault state?) and i repyied "nope!" you'll be the one that pays for this!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good for you. Sorry to hear in happened but glad you and the H3 are fine. It is actually a good thing you were not looking in the rearview mirror. If you have, you would have seen it coming and tensed up. From my understanding, this would have greatly increased your chances of getting whiplash.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 11-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Banned

HIHUMMER is an unknown quantity at this point

what a jerk! No fault state...get out of here with that crap!
Glad you set him straight!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm glad that your H3 is ok and even more glad that you're ok. I've been the (un)lucky recipiant of a rearend collision... Not fun. Make sure that you are ok. The stresses and strains may take a bit of time to show themselves.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:06 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you have, you would have seen it coming and tensed up. From my understanding, this would have greatly increased your chances of getting whiplash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are correct on this statement. One of the reasons drunk drivers walk away from horrible accidents is because they have no idea that they caused an accident. So they are all relaxed.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

YellowH3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Laura:
He was from out of town and he was a bit of a jerk...I didnt ask him any questions because the first thing he said "is this a no fault state?) and i repyied "nope!" you'll be the one that pays for this!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"So many snowbirds, so little freezer space"
2006 H3 Adventure, Competition Yellow, Ebony int., Monsoon, XM, HID\'s, Custom Off-Road Grill Lights, Gravel filled floor mats, Mud packed undercarrige, Dust covered dash, Airbag light ON, DVD, 2 Flip Downs, Headrests, Rear Camera, Front Camera

Old 11-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you're safe, but doesn't your neck hurt? Big jerks can lead to big medical bills.

Can you get a pic of the other car?
Old 11-05-2005, 04:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

TA8088 is off the scale

Sorry to hear about the mishap. Glad that you are both OK.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:40 AM
Hummer Professional

FLYINGBADGER2006 is off the scale

it was a little convertable (something) and im not sure how fast he was going...I was at a red light and i just was thrown forward, I wasnt looking in my rearview (which i normally do till i see the car behind me stop) He was from out of town and he was a bit of a jerk...I didnt ask him any questions because the first thing he said "is this a no fault state?) and i repyied "nope!" you'll be the one that pays for this!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO FAULT STATE!!???!?!?! WTF IS THAT!!!
WHAT STATE HAS A "NO FAULT RULE" ??? I GUESS IT WOULD'NT BE MY FAULT EITHER IF I PULLED OUT MY DESERT EAGLE .50 CAL AND SPLIT HIS PHUCKIN WIG AFTER HE REAR ENDED ME. WHAT A PHUCKIN CLOWN! TAKE THAT PHUCKIN MO MO TO THE CLEANERS!! BETTER YET I KNOW A COUPLE OF STAND UP GUYS, GUIDO AND DOMINIC FROM VEGAS WHO CAN BE IN PHEONIX IN A FEW HOURS TO BREAK THIS DUDES ARMS AND LEGS AND THEN THROW HIM IN THE FOUNTAINS OF THE BELLAGIO.
Victory Red, Auto,Lux, Cashm w/ eb interior, tow pkg, BFG all terr 285/75/16 incl. spare, black side step bars, SMA chrome hood handles, Kenwood DVD, K&N Air Intake, McCulloch 8000K H.I.D. headlights, Custom made 100% sheepskin seat covers, Dual DVD headrests,SMA dual exhaust,Roof marker lights.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

MI is technically a no-fault car insurance state. It does not mean the police do not assign fault, it means if you are hit in the back, your insurance covers your car, their insurance covers their car.
If the police report show they were at fault, you can sue them for the deductible, unless you have what is called braodform coverage, at which time you deductible is waived.
No-fault insurance sucks, and it is one of the many reasons MI has some of the highest insurance rates in the country.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you have, you would have seen it coming and tensed up. From my understanding, this would have greatly increased your chances of getting whiplash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are correct on this statement. One of the reasons drunk drivers walk away from horrible accidents is because they have no idea that they caused an accident. So they are all relaxed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, the studies that have come out recently show that bracing for the impact will lesson the amount of damage to the actual spine. When you're relaxed, your spine moves past it's limits...when you're tense, it doesn't as badly... Of course, when you brace, then you have a higher chance of damaging the muscles in the area.... Can't win them all...

'03 H2
Old 11-05-2005, 10:33 PM

4ophenia is off the scale

Good link to find out if your state is a "no-fault" state, plus explanations.......

http://www.best-insurance-deals.net/...insurance.html

Repressed as a child, but no more ....
Old 11-06-2005, 01:42 AM

MyxH3 is off the scale

Sorry bout the Truck Laura... glad you are alright though