H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Elcova Newbie

Black2003H2 is off the scale
Default Screwed Up PCM Big Time

So I bought an H3 with an AV system already installed but I was not happy with the quality of sound & the static on the video monitors. I replaced most of the equipment with INVISION Monitors & USA-SPEC Direct AMP Feed Audio. All that is good. Here is the bad...

So I'm tracing down a legacy wire (Hot when the car is turned on) and it is connected to the fuse box next to the driver side door. They tapped into a grey wire that I think feeds ING0 (Brake transmission shift interlock, powertrain control module (PCM) Transmission). (I tested the resistance between the wire hack in the back and the fuse pole in the front for zero resistance). The wire runs from the fuse block into a harness that travels up into the steering column. Anyway, there was an inline fuse attached to the hacked wire. The fuse was blown so I removed it & when I did, the fuse kind of broke apart leaving a metal "tooth" in the receptical. That shorted to the chassis.

The result is the car will not turn over ignition and the transmission is locked in park. The radio and A/C are out too. It looks like I may have fried my PCM or at tleast the fuse that feeds it. I checked the fuses in the main box & they are OK. Same for the driver side fuse box.

Are their any other fuses that protect the PCM? Does it sound like I really did kill that guy? Anyone know of any tests I might run? How do I unlock the transmission to make the car towable? Where is the PCM located.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:20 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale
Default Re: Screwed Up PCM Big Time

I would guess that you took out another fuse somewhere and not likely the entire pcm. Have you checked all fuses in both locations?
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 05-23-2006, 05:06 AM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black2003H2
So I bought an H3 with an AV system already installed but I was not happy with the quality of sound & the static on the video monitors. I replaced most of the equipment with INVISION Monitors & USA-SPEC Direct AMP Feed Audio. All that is good. Here is the bad...

So I'm tracing down a legacy wire (Hot when the car is turned on) and it is connected to the fuse box next to the driver side door. They tapped into a grey wire that I think feeds ING0 (Brake transmission shift interlock, powertrain control module (PCM) Transmission). (I tested the resistance between the wire hack in the back and the fuse pole in the front for zero resistance). The wire runs from the fuse block into a harness that travels up into the steering column. Anyway, there was an inline fuse attached to the hacked wire. The fuse was blown so I removed it & when I did, the fuse kind of broke apart leaving a metal "tooth" in the receptical. That shorted to the chassis.

The result is the car will not turn over ignition and the transmission is locked in park. The radio and A/C are out too. It looks like I may have fried my PCM or at tleast the fuse that feeds it. I checked the fuses in the main box & they are OK. Same for the driver side fuse box.

Are their any other fuses that protect the PCM? Does it sound like I really did kill that guy? Anyone know of any tests I might run? How do I unlock the transmission to make the car towable? Where is the PCM located.
I'll give you $50 bucks for your Hummer boat anchor!
Old 05-23-2006, 06:20 AM
Elcova Newbie

Black2003H2 is off the scale

Thanks to all that helped. Sure enough it was the 40 amp fuse. It did not look blown but per your suggestions I tested it anyway. ...An easy $3 fix to a big scare.