H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-31-2002, 02:34 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I've posted more info in the events section of this forum, but most people hang out here....so here it is to catch new members attention.

Our next event will be held January 18th in the San Bernardino Mountains area, it will be awesome and achieve excellence beyond all our expectations. Everybody is welcome, no cost. For more info, email Steve at Homeinsulation@aol.com

Our club is an informal group of Hummer owners who casually get together to enjoy the great outdoors, no board of directors, no fees or dues...just fun & dirt.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:34 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I've posted more info in the events section of this forum, but most people hang out here....so here it is to catch new members attention.

Our next event will be held January 18th in the San Bernardino Mountains area, it will be awesome and achieve excellence beyond all our expectations. Everybody is welcome, no cost. For more info, email Steve at Homeinsulation@aol.com

Our club is an informal group of Hummer owners who casually get together to enjoy the great outdoors, no board of directors, no fees or dues...just fun & dirt.
Old 12-31-2002, 03:29 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Steve, from what time to what time on 1/18? such as base starts 0600, back at base 1800? guess all have to be off the trail before sunset.

My wife and I will be in LA for a full day of business meetings on 1/17, and start driving 400 miles back up north on 1/18. No solid detail yet. Would like to know the schedule to see how things fit in. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2002, 04:21 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

MAC....that would be amazing if you could hook-up with us! If a few environmentalist show up...you could back into them!!! just kidding.

We plan to meet near the base of Lake Silverwood around 9-9:30 in the morning on the 18th. The day will likely be split into 2 parts: we'll come up the beautiful scenic hills and arrive in the Lake Arrowhead area for lunch. From here people will have the option to jump onto the local highway and jet home....OR they can continue on with some of the other trials surrounding the area. You could safely figure you'd be back in civilization by 2pm easy.

But MAC...the first part of this trail is rated as MOST DIFFICULT. We're talking about stuff that your average SUV won't make, the book even states: If you don't have lockers, large wheels and good clearance....you won't make it. This will be offroading...not a scenic fire-road. Your extremely welcome to join us....but I want you to be aware of what you can expect. The guy in charge of this run is known as Scary-Cary.

What say you?
Old 12-31-2002, 04:22 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Hey...at the very least...we could hook-up for dinner on the 17th?
Old 12-31-2002, 05:32 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Thanks Steve, you are the man. I am very impressed with how efficient and hand-on you are when you approach a task, an organization type leader. You just decide and get on with your goal, nothing wishy washy about you, you don't sit around and wait for a committee to talk about it endlessly. The quality shows.

I am up to it, anything you can handle I can too, though your great pictures did not look as tough as your description. My Supreme commander is in Universal Studio tonight, and I shall report to her upon her return. They did full day of great paint ball in San Diego yesterday. She has so far refused to go off-roads with me in the mountains by our home. Our business on 1/17 in LA will last till 10-11PM, my people usually will take us out for dinner after biz finishes by 8PM. I will report back to you regarding 1/18 at mission control center, to your email.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

OLE YLLR is an unknown quantity at this point

HEY STEVE! IM UP FOR THE OUTING ON THE 18TH. WHAT KIND OF CB, FRS, COMMUNICATION DO YOU HAVE? CHECKING OUT SEVERAL DIFFERENT TYPES AT RADIO SHACK. ANY SUGGESTIONS???? OLE YLLR. PS. NOT THAT FAMILIAR WITH LA AREA CAN YOU GIVE ME MORE DETAILS ON WHERE TO MEET YOU GUYS. THANKS
Old 01-01-2003, 07:21 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I'm looking into the Cobra 75, the one with all the controls on the microphone, that way we can hide the main unit and not commit dash-space. I'll be buying one asap and curretnly am looking into antenna optoins...."good buddy".

MAC, thanks for the compliments. I feel that if your gonna do something you gotta hit it straight, hard and give it a earnest effort, otherwise it's just a waste of time & energy.

I've got to be honest, the last run through the San Garbriel Mountains was 32 miles of scenic beauty, and it was fun to hang with other Hummer enthusiast,but...it wasn't a big challenge. The guy who pointed me in that direction had previously run it in much worse conditions; he much more snow, fallen trees, boulders and it was literally in the thick of clouds. It took him 4-5 hours.

By the time we hit the trail much had changed. There weather was clear, the sun had melted much of the snow, and the Forest Service had recently cleaned-up the trail and removed fallen trees, boulders, debris and made things passable for the average yuppie SUV.

This trail were heading to is MUCH different. Check it out, do a search for 2N17X: many SUV's can't make the run. San Gabriel is rated by the book as a "2"...this trail is about a "7". My advice: get another insurance policy IN ADDITION to the one you have on your H2...that way you not only get the H2 replaced, but you get an extra $60K! hehehehehehehe.

LET'S ROCK!!!

Details & directions to come, your both on the mailing list. Thanks!!!!
Old 01-01-2003, 07:24 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

[quote]Originally posted by MAC:
Thanks Steve, you are the man. I am very impressed with how efficient and hand-on you are when you approach a task, an organization type leader. You just decide and get on with your goal, nothing wishy washy about you, you don't sit around and wait for a committee to talk about it endlessly. The quality shows.

Well, THAT would explain why I got bumped from the french-fry machine directly upto the grill!!! One day, God willing...I may even get a crack at the drive-thru window!! One can dream...
Old 01-01-2003, 03:11 PM

HeeHaw is off the scale

I am scheduled to be FLY FISHING on the Lower Ownes that weenend, BUT, can you provide me with the date, time and location of this proposed dinner? NOTHING like inviting myself!! But if possible, I would like to go.

HeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 01-01-2003, 05:08 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

No Hummer dinner on 1/17. My biz will not be done until 11PM.

It is the 1/18 off-roads we are talking about. Steve is trying to scare everyone here. If my wife gets the wind of what Steve is saying, she's not going. She was telling me there are so many absolutely unbelievablly huge brand new shopping malls in the LA LA Land. They are doing the Pasadena New Year parade this AM, and will be heading north to home. My cook is coming back!
Old 01-01-2003, 05:23 PM

HeeHaw is off the scale

But when you get down this way, let me know and we can do lunch or dinner. Maybe Steve can join as well.

HeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 01-02-2003, 12:16 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I built a "Dream BBQ kitchen" under my poolhouse just last summer. There are lots of us out here: Allen, Heehaw, MAC, me, SoCalXMER, M998, Ole Yllr....why don't we plan to have a big-ole BBQ some time this spring/summer?

There is a nice scenic offroad route up near Santa Barbara...about 30 miles of scenic beauty that will hardly challenge our vehicles...BUT will make great family driving. We could do a So.Cal "FUN-SUN-RUN" and end it with a BBQ at my place.

In the meanwhile, I'm game to have dinner with anybody in my area. Having kids, we get out a lot to eat.
Old 01-02-2003, 05:01 AM

SOCAL XMER is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
I built a "Dream BBQ kitchen" under my poolhouse just last summer. There are lots of us out here: Allen, Heehaw, MAC, me, SoCalXMER, M998, Ole Yllr....why don't we plan to have a big-ole BBQ some time this spring/summer?

There is a nice scenic offroad route up near Santa Barbara...about 30 miles of scenic beauty that will hardly challenge our vehicles...BUT will make great family driving. We could do a So.Cal "FUN-SUN-RUN" and end it with a BBQ at my place.

In the meanwhile, I'm game to have dinner with anybody in my area. Having kids, we get out a lot to eat.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
you can count me and my wife and kid in, sounds like fun.

future H2 owner