H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-21-2002, 06:02 PM

Seth is off the scale

I will not get my H2 until the end of the month; I just assumed I would be only H2 owner in my condo complex. I never even considered that I would not be the first person to have one. The place I live has about 300 units in three towers. It is filled mostly with Yuppies and people that have these condos as second homes. I, on the other hand am a year-round resident (kind of like a “townie” in a beach community). Sorry, I digress… anyway most of the vehicles tend to be on the small side, high-end stuff Porsches, Audis, small SUV’s, etc.

The penthouse units come with parking for two veicles tandem style. Low and behold I drive in the other day and there it is! Directly behind my space is a green adventure series H2 AND parked behind that it a black Mercedes G500 with the AMG engine package. I was blown away! At first I was just plain depressed, five minutes later (after I got over it) I was smiling thinking good for this guy! That has to be at least $150,000 worth of vehicle in about a 30’ parking space. In this ridiculously liberal, politically correct area you just would not expect to see that.

Anyway I know it was silly and just about my ego but it was a shock. When I see the owner I will introduce myself and if he seems like a good guy (or girl) I will tell him or her about the forum.

I just had to get that off my chest. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2002, 06:02 PM

Seth is off the scale

I will not get my H2 until the end of the month; I just assumed I would be only H2 owner in my condo complex. I never even considered that I would not be the first person to have one. The place I live has about 300 units in three towers. It is filled mostly with Yuppies and people that have these condos as second homes. I, on the other hand am a year-round resident (kind of like a “townie” in a beach community). Sorry, I digress… anyway most of the vehicles tend to be on the small side, high-end stuff Porsches, Audis, small SUV’s, etc.

The penthouse units come with parking for two veicles tandem style. Low and behold I drive in the other day and there it is! Directly behind my space is a green adventure series H2 AND parked behind that it a black Mercedes G500 with the AMG engine package. I was blown away! At first I was just plain depressed, five minutes later (after I got over it) I was smiling thinking good for this guy! That has to be at least $150,000 worth of vehicle in about a 30’ parking space. In this ridiculously liberal, politically correct area you just would not expect to see that.

Anyway I know it was silly and just about my ego but it was a shock. When I see the owner I will introduce myself and if he seems like a good guy (or girl) I will tell him or her about the forum.

I just had to get that off my chest. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2002, 06:16 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

So you are not the only boyfriend of the most beautiful girl in school, at least the other boyfriend is the high school football quarterback.

I would not tell him/her about your Hummer, you are not yet in equal footing, acquire at least an equal power position between the first contact, build a better foundation for your future friendship. Wait until he/she sees your new Hummer, do unto others what others did to you.
Old 12-21-2002, 06:32 PM

H2Norcal is off the scale

I spoke to the largest Hummer dealer in the Bay Area yesterday. He said GM is trying to make 15k H2's this year and just over 900 of them have been sold in the Bay Area and they expect to sell 200 more by year end.

It is surely going to be found in quantity of the Xterra by mid-year next year. Unfortunately at $60k the H2 is not going to be a rare exotic vehicle for the rich and famous. In fact it will probably be found in places driven by people you would have never expected to see driving it.

Cheers.
Old 12-21-2002, 06:51 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

My neighbor just across the street just bought a brand shiny new H1...it's white, convertible and looks awesome. He partks it right in front of his home in the center of his U-shaped driveway. I feel so "one-uppped" and "out-done" it isn't even funny!

It's just like Santa to dropping the sweet stuff all around me!
Old 12-21-2002, 07:10 PM

Seth is off the scale

That's a good one Steve [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] You do have me beat. I am over it now (I think).

H2Norcal, I hope they don't become as poplular as the Xterra. I imagine you are right though and as the year goes on there will be many more of them out there.
Old 12-21-2002, 07:25 PM

Seth, Me too. I think the Xterra is a creative looking vehicle but I can't stand them. They are all over the place. American made is best. I have a Dodge Durango that my wife drives and it has been the best SUV I have ever owned (not a big Dodge fan either). American trucks/SUV's are king. Actually it may be the only style vehicle we are known for anymore.

It is wierd though. I live in a high cost of living area in CA (as do you) and at first I saw one once every 3-5 days. Then every other day. Yesterday I was out and saw at least five. Mostly ladies.

Oh well. Lots 'o people all looking for something unique these days. A "break the mold" kinda thing. Unfortunately there are just too many searching for it and when something like the H2 comes along, everyone flocks for them. Classic cars are your best bet these days.

Cheers.
Old 12-21-2002, 07:31 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

They must know that I am coming. At 3200 miles and almost 3 months, I've only encountered maybe 4 or 5 Hummer H2s, total, from San Francisco to San Jose.
Old 12-21-2002, 07:37 PM

Maybe I am just in too close proximity of the dealership all the time.
Old 12-22-2002, 01:09 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Before I picked up my H2 I was seeing them almost every day. Since I took delivery I very rarely see them. Makes me feel sooo special. Now I see H1's every 2-3 days. The H1 drivers always ask how my H2 drives. I just smile and say "Like a dream". I've actually had a couple of H1 owners ask if they can sit in it. They were amazed at how nice it was not to have Mt. Tranny in between the seats.
Old 12-22-2002, 01:41 PM

JJ is off the scale

Just saw my first H2 (yellow) on the road while driving mine - He waved....I'm so happy, started feeling incredibly alone.

JJ