H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 09-26-2004, 04:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

Screeper is an unknown quantity at this point

My H2 made it through two hurricaines without a scratch but it took damge from a moron in the parkinglot over the weekend. I need to replace the front chrome grill which was cracked right by the headlight. Is this easily done? Should I buy the grill from GM or is there a less expensive aftermarket supplier? Any help is appreciated.
2004 Lux with 6 inch Fabtech with tie rods, 38 inch MT's, 4:88 gears, and some minor engine tweaks.
Hummer Veteran

My H2 made it through two hurricaines without a scratch but it took damge from a moron in the parkinglot over the weekend. I need to replace the front chrome grill which was cracked right by the headlight. Is this easily done? Should I buy the grill from GM or is there a less expensive aftermarket supplier? Any help is appreciated.
2004 Lux with 6 inch Fabtech with tie rods, 38 inch MT's, 4:88 gears, and some minor engine tweaks.
Hummer Veteran

Old 09-26-2004, 04:52 PM
Banned

Bored is off the scale

I have a used chrome grill in my garage, great condition, ready to ship. Make me an offer. Please email me at frgmstrNOSPAM@gmail.com. You will need to remove the "no spam" from the address, this is to keep spambots from picking it up.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:38 PM

Patriot is off the scale

Replacement is easy...VERY easy.

Do you have a brush guard?? If you do, it will have to come off first. This is easy to do...let us know if you have a brush guard and we will post those removal instructions.

Removal of the grill is nothing more than 4 nuts on the inside of the hood (hood open) and a firm pull after that. The four nuts are too the outside of the grill between the headlights and the edge of the grill. The corresponding four bolts are hard mounted to the grill itself and come off with the grill. There are retaining clips that hold it on after you take off the four nuts...that's what the firm pull is for.

You may also want to take this opporotunity to match your grill color to the rest of your truck. Do a search for color matched grill numbers. GMPARTSDIRECT has them as do other aftermarket parts sites.

If chrome is the color of choice, I'd take bored up on his offer...since he switched to a black grill, his chrome one is prolly just taking up space in the old garage.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks so much for the instructions. The firm pull is the key. I did not want to yank it and make a bad situation worse. It always pays to know what you are doing. frgmaster, I may be interested. I am going by hummer tomorrow to see what they want for the part. It will just be a matter of money vs. wait. It just makes me sick to see it all shattered. I thought about the color matched I'll decide tomorrow. Thanks Again
Old 09-27-2004, 12:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

Good news... Its good to see there are still some worthwhile people out there. The guy called me and said he would pay for the part. I had pretty much resigned myself to paying for it so it was a nice surprise. On my way to pick it up now. No brush guard so four bolts and its on.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:45 PM

Patriot is off the scale

Good to hear all turned out well...

Living in Florida, you could use the break.