H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

My dealership has finally offered some performance upgrades. Any one have experience with the coolcharger supercharger system. The dealer price is about $15K for the whole system which includes the CoolCharger system, stahl torque something, and titanium coated headers - not the exhaust, I already have it. Opinions about price, quality, impressions. They claim around 185 hp improvement & will honor my warranty. I have not negotiated with them yet, but have asked if they want to sponsor my vehicle since they just started offering it and have only done 3 vehicles. Thanks in advance for all constructive feedback.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

My dealership has finally offered some performance upgrades. Any one have experience with the coolcharger supercharger system. The dealer price is about $15K for the whole system which includes the CoolCharger system, stahl torque something, and titanium coated headers - not the exhaust, I already have it. Opinions about price, quality, impressions. They claim around 185 hp improvement & will honor my warranty. I have not negotiated with them yet, but have asked if they want to sponsor my vehicle since they just started offering it and have only done 3 vehicles. Thanks in advance for all constructive feedback.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:36 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in no way an expert but that sure seems high to me. Could be wrong though.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

The coolcharger supercharger kit alone is $9600, the other stahl torgue converter and headers and tax are the other parts that make it $14k and change -- about $15k. here is the coolcharger website http://www.dyno-proven.com/coolcharger.htm - hey Humm This, tell me more about the difference, any negatives or problems, noise, jerkiness, responsiveness??
Old 10-05-2005, 05:24 AM

shipbldr is off the scale

Damn!

I spent $4700 for my Mag. Radix supercharger.

Hummersgonewild (HGW) installed it for a little over $1000 bucks. (The installation was surgical!) They's done dozens of supercharger installs.

I bolted on a Borla catback for $900.

The acceleration on my H2 is damn frightening... and I haven't even spent half what your dealer is asking....

Call Hummersgonewild (http://www.hummersgonewild.com). At the rates you are looking at you could ship it to Jersey, get HGW to install it, and ship it back to your door and still be $5000 ahead of the game.

my 2 cents...

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 10-05-2005, 11:18 AM

Timster is off the scale

Don't do it!
I had a Cool Charger (Dyno Proven Products) on my 2004 Denali.
I had the Supercharger replaced 6 times. Yes SIX times! The bearings kept going out. Walk away as fast as you can!
If you want a S/C go with either Magna Charger or Whipple.
Best of luck in what ever you decide,
Tim

PS
185 HP Gain! That's BS. Ask them how they will prove it?
You will need before and after Dyno test's and four wheel dynos are rare.
I have allot of experience dyno'ing vehicles. To get 185 hp you have to spend big $$$$.
I est I got at the most about 20% increase in HP. The Denali has the same motor as the H2 the Vortec 6.0 ltr.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

The Powerdyne..er...Coolcharger is a centrifical blower. This is not the hot setup for a 6400lb truck that needs torque. The asking price is plain stupid. I wouldn't pay 1/2 that amount. A typical quality centrifical runs 4K-5K for tha package. Go with the roots/twin screw type blower package with intercooler.

I would have to slap the clowns who offer this way over priced setup.

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 10-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Hummer Professional

Sportsdude is off the scale

Do you know how much HP/TQ gain on your setup? How many miles did you have before the SC install? Thanks
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shipbldr:
Damn!

I spent $4700 for my Mag. Radix supercharger.

Hummersgonewild (HGW) installed it for a little over $1000 bucks. (The installation was surgical!) They's done dozens of supercharger installs.

I bolted on a Borla catback for $900.

The acceleration on my H2 is damn frightening... and I haven't even spent half what your dealer is asking....

Call Hummersgonewild (http://www.hummersgonewild.com). At the rates you are looking at you could ship it to Jersey, get HGW to install it, and ship it back to your door and still be $5000 ahead of the game.

my 2 cents... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 10-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Other than My own forced induction mechanic HGW is the only one I would want doing My install and Anthony John's head guy is the only one I would allow to work on it or even give Me advice about My H2.
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 10-05-2005, 05:43 PM

shipbldr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sportsdude:
Do you know how much HP/TQ gain on your setup? How many miles did you have before the SC install? Thanks
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I installed the Borla at 2,000 miles... the SC at about 14,000 miles.

The exhuast sounded great but made no difference that I could feel in performance.

The supercharger 100% changed the truck.

We didn't do any dyno testing and I probably won't unless I can find it for free.

All the information I really need to know I get when I step on the gas. It's really easy to blow people off at stoplights.

Cruises on the highway effortlessly at 80mph.

Downshifting on the highway and hills is now very rare.

I think faster, it goes faster. No downshift, no struggle.

More than anything it reminds me of a BMW 318 I used to drive. (This is high praise from me)

The entire driveline is just very stout and competent.

I have the feeling that it would be really hard to notice an extra 35-50 HP in on the road driving.

Next step up would be to do one of those predator 800HP diesels... That would be really sick!

Start with the supercharger. You may find that you are totally happy with it. If you aren't you can easily add things like headers and other goodies later.

Remember the 80/20 rule. 80% of the benefit usually comes from 20% of the effort/expense.

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 10-05-2005, 06:20 PM

Timster is off the scale

I had the CoolCharger for 18 months and put 34K miles on it.
The overall reliability is not there.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:39 PM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

I'd say it's a pretty good deal. Almost 10k for the coolcharger plus the other upgrades, and labor. Doesn't seem bad to me.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:40 PM

Timster is off the scale

First sign of the bearing going out is a noise or growling sound that comes and goes. Cold or hot it doesn't matter. I had this problem several times. When I took it to the dealer the sound was there then it's went away. Luckly it came back while they were walking away. The service Manager turned his head and I said "Can you here it now!"
I hope you do not have to go thru what I went through! You can see the bearing going out by looking at the pulley and compairing it to the other OEM parts, the pulley will start to wobble slightly, it's all down hill from there!
Best of luck to you,
Tim
Old 10-05-2005, 06:45 PM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MovinH2:
I'd say it's a pretty good deal. Almost 10k for the coolcharger plus the other upgrades, and labor. Doesn't seem bad to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you base this opinion off of what? Compared to what? Are you joking?

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 10-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The coolcharger supercharger kit alone is $9600, the other stahl torgue converter and headers and tax are the other parts that make it $14k and change -- about $15k. here is the coolcharger website http://www.dyno-proven.com/coolcharger.htm - hey Humm This, tell me more about the difference, any negatives or problems, noise, jerkiness, responsiveness?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

14k plus I would put labor at a dealer at 1500 at least. that's 15,500. Are you joking?
Old 10-06-2005, 12:42 AM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

I read as much of this as I could--down with a cold--too many late night events recently.

The price is crazy and the charger is not the right one for an H2.

More later ........