H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-08-2005, 12:02 AM

GamblerHummer is off the scale

I just got back from getting some gas. My factory gas door is not secure at all. I never noticed it , until today. I have not looked at it hard yet due to darkness, but it doesn't look like they secured it on the right side, or that it even can be secured without some drilling. Is this just a poor design, or was it installed incorrectly.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:07 AM

thanks everyone I see the prob;em with the tab... problem fixed.

Now to DRTYFN.... guess there is one in every crowd.... DRTYFN.... maybe your not such a deity ? The chrome fuel door is actually a option now from the factory.

It is not considered a accessory, but a actual option . What this really comes down to is semantics .

Now installation maybe a different matter, I know they are supposedly short on chrome tail lamp guards , and some are being shipped and installed after the fact.

Nevertheless, make no mistake this is a upgrade factory fuel door that is invoiced and discounted for the employee pricing plan. Accesory pricing is dealer dependent. Option pricing is not.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

Lean Machine is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sclui56:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by expertdie:
Is the fuel door chrome or black? If it is black loosen the three screws around the gas neck turn a little counter clockwise or untill loose push in turn clockwise and it should be secure. The chrome fuel door pushes in and secures by three tabs. Both are easy to fix and takes about 5 min. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's only on the chrome ones, the tab at 4 o'clock is not molded well so it really doesn't "sit" against the opening like the other 2 tabs do. Could have been a bad run but I have seen 3 separate samples and they are all exibiting identical variance.

I'll probably just fabricate something to hold it down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The chrome gas door I installed also had the 4 o'clock tab that did not just snap into place. I think that is the way it is designed. The door was not secure until I used a screw driver to snap the last tab into place. Just use something to push the tab and the tab will snap into place.

\'08 H2 Lux White SUT with Sedona interior - SOLD

\'08 H2 Lux White SUT with Sedona interior and 6'' Fabtech Lift
Old 07-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Directions say "put in and twist into place" well, there was more to it on mine.

I had to bend the metal on the H2 to let it clip in right/tight. I didn't have to bend it much, and I didn't crack any paint. It just needed to be pushed in a slight bit on one area. I used a towel and some vice clamps to do the job right. Tight as a mofo now!
Old 07-08-2005, 12:02 AM

I just got back from getting some gas. My factory gas door is not secure at all. I never noticed it , until today. I have not looked at it hard yet due to darkness, but it doesn't look like they secured it on the right side, or that it even can be secured without some drilling. Is this just a poor design, or was it installed incorrectly.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:41 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, but the H2s DO NOT come with a "factory gas door". You're talking about an "after-market" fuel door. The dealer probably added it to your H2 before you bought it.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Sorry, but the H2s DO NOT come with a "factory gas door". You're talking about an "after-market" fuel door. The dealer probably added it to your H2 before you bought it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but you're wrong on that one, starting in 04 you could get a dealer installed chrome appearance package including gas door, hood handles and latches that is on the window sticker. Then do not sit right very often and this is why. It is kind of a crappy design, and does not go on the same way as the factory black ones. Since it is a pain to put them on, many times, lazy techs don't put them in right, which is probably what happened in this case.
Take it back, and hopefully they'll do it right now.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:04 AM

expertdie is off the scale

Is the fuel door chrome or black? If it is black loosen the three screws around the gas neck turn a little counter clockwise or untill loose push in turn clockwise and it should be secure. The chrome fuel door pushes in and secures by three tabs. Both are easy to fix and takes about 5 min.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

sclui56 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by expertdie:
Is the fuel door chrome or black? If it is black loosen the three screws around the gas neck turn a little counter clockwise or untill loose push in turn clockwise and it should be secure. The chrome fuel door pushes in and secures by three tabs. Both are easy to fix and takes about 5 min. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's only on the chrome ones, the tab at 4 o'clock is not molded well so it really doesn't "sit" against the opening like the other 2 tabs do. Could have been a bad run but I have seen 3 separate samples and they are all exibiting identical variance.

I'll probably just fabricate something to hold it down.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

It happened to mine also and at the same time the door itself would't stay closed so I brought it to the dealer and they replaced it.
It shouldn't be hard to tighten it if that's all that's wrong.