H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

Frank2005 is off the scale

I have an 05 SUT with sunroof. Once above 65-70 mph the wind noise is excessive. Does anyone else have this problem and any suggestions on how to fix.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:27 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
It wasn't when I drove it...the only snow your rolling in is CRACK! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh, that was good.

Keep going gorton... tick tock tick tock...

JU/OTN boys are having problems.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:51 PM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frank2005:
I have an 05 SUT with sunroof. Once above 65-70 mph the wind noise is excessive. Does anyone else have this problem and any suggestions on how to fix. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Assuming you're saying that you drive 70 with the sunroof open, well, I'm not sure under those conditions any vehicle is going to be truly quiet. Especially one with all the aerodynamic properties of a rolling brick.

If you're not driving with the sunroof open at those speeds and the noise is still excessive, are you sure the noise is coming from the roof and not elsewhere? Like the windshield?
Old 08-04-2005, 03:20 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gorton:
Mercedes Benz 600 SL with the convertable top down has absoluley no wind noise. I think we can now discard that thesis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spoken with the authority of someone that has no experience with the subject. The SL 600(You'd know that if you'd driven a new one- they changed over from 600SL in 95 or 96. Dunce) has some wind noise at 50mph. 70 is a bit louder, but not bad. Unless you jam your cell phone deep into your ear (like gorton chugs ghey man meat past his tonsils) you're not going to have a productive conversation.

Bad JU/OTN homoghey goatse. Bad.
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Has anyone looks at the front marker lights for the noise. I think that is where some of the noise is coming from on one of my buddies H2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The yellow roof lights don't cause any wind noise, unless they pop out of the roof.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

If it's kind of like a buzzing/fluttering noise, it's probably the windshield pillar moldings, take it to the dealership, common thing they can fix. It could also be the upper windshield molding making noise, you can put a piece of masking tape over it and drive it. If the noise goes away, then that was it. Sunroofs themselves seem to seal very well. One other thing you can do is move your roof crossbars a little farther back. When they are right behind the sunroof it creates a lot of wind turbulence noise right there.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:35 AM

gorton is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frank2005:
Assuming you're saying that you drive 70 with the sunroof open, well, I'm not sure under those conditions any vehicle is going to be truly quiet.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mercedes Benz 600 SL with the convertable top down has absoluley no wind noise. I think we can now discard that thesis.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

What type of noise is it? Is it like a whooshing sound, or a whistling sound? Mine is pretty quiet for being a block when it comes to the wind tunnel.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:40 AM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
The noise seems to be coming from the wind deflector. This is with the roof closed. All is quiet until I get up to 65 and then it gets really loud. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what to say other than maybe drop by the dealer and drive another truck to see if your truck is par for the course or in need of a fix.

I have a roof rack with lights and even at <STRIKE>95</STRIKE> 55 with the sunroof closed and the inside cover pulled shut I wouldn't say it's excessively loud. My wife's never mentioned it and she rarely misses an opportunity to complain.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:44 AM

gorton is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:

Yeah the benz is great in snow and ice too! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it sure is.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

KorkedBatz is off the scale

I noticed a bit of wind noise with mine too. I look at the roof rack cross bars and they were loose. So I screwed them tight again and that seems to help my noise.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone looks at the front marker lights for the noise. I think that is where some of the noise is coming from on one of my buddies H2.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-04-2005, 10:22 AM

gorton is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Diana:

Yeah, as if you ever would personally know... loser. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shouldn't you be watching NBC right now? go tighten up your girth, and then maybe we'll talk.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:18 AM

Diana is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gorton:

Yeah the benz is great in snow and ice too! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it sure is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, as if you ever would personally know... loser.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Tech is right on that. It's been talked about a lot.

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/5106011751/m/4...426024634#2426024634

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/5106011751/m/5...081047711#8081047711

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/5106011751/m/2...746076744#9746076744

There's many more.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:03 AM

gorton is off the scale

your not supposed to drive a Hummer over 70mph, it's not designed for that, hence the wind noise. to bad they didn't mention that at the dealer before they snuffed you for 55k.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:49 AM

Bill Kervaski is off the scale

Eh? Not supposed to drive over 70? I've be consistently driving my vehicle 85-90mph. Oops. But I haven't had any problems.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:38 AM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Assuming you're saying that you drive 70 with the sunroof open, well, I'm not sure under those conditions any vehicle is going to be truly quiet.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mercedes Benz 600 SL with the convertable top down has absoluley no wind noise. I think we can now discard that thesis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah the benz is great in snow and ice too!
Old 08-03-2005, 10:33 PM

Bill Kervaski is off the scale

My '03 has some noise, I had to have the seals replaced. It was painless and inexpensive.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

Frank2005 is off the scale

If you're not driving with the sunroof open at those speeds and the noise is still excessive, are you sure the noise is coming from the roof and not elsewhere? Like the windshield?

The noise seems to be coming from the wind deflector. This is with the roof closed. All is quiet until I get up to 65 and then it gets really loud.