H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 09-20-2006, 12:52 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Swaybar bushings

I was just wondering if anyone in the world sells aftermarket swaybar bushings. I got in my rig this morning, and the tire rubbed on the swaybar really bad. When I measured from side to side, it is about 1 inch out of center. (it moved to passenger)

I went to the parts store and tried to get a set of Energy Suspension swaybar bushings, but apparently they don't make them for the h2 anymore. I called a couple of 4x4 shops and they don't sell any either. Of course the dealership needs the car for diagnosis and parts ordering, so there's two days.

Has anyone ever found an aftermarket set? (I searched here, but only found two threads)

Thanks in advance

H2R

drivers side
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2006, 12:52 AM
Hummer Guru

Default Re: Swaybar bushings

passenger side
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2006, 03:09 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Could this be a part of your front end issues???
Old 09-20-2006, 05:57 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
Could this be a part of your front end issues???
no, more like another failure due to the fact that the dealership only replaces one part at a time, instead of being pro-active and heading off potential problems at the pass. I fired them. They no longer work on the front of my H2. (unless it's really expensive) I'd like to....rrrrrrrrrrrrr.nevermind.

My new idler arm is goofy again, I'm looking for more beefy idler/pitman solutions too. And the steering linkage. I'm starting from scratch!

Cognito or Moog?
Old 09-20-2006, 06:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, I'm gonna take the simpleton approach here. Why does it matter of the sway bar is cocked over to one side by and inch? What performance problems does this cause? My front sway bar is 1-1.5 inches to the passenger side, has been for years. It's even polished from the rub of my old stock tires. It's never bothered me and I haven't noticed any poor performance.

My theory is that I'll just go until the bushings fall off and the bar disconnects. I can still wheel it home, then replace them. What am I missing here?
Old 09-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Hummer Guru

Well for one thing, if it's centered your wheels won't rub if you run the BFG muds, and will only rub slightly with the AT's, and if the bushings are good they won't squeak all the time.

Your theory of drive it till it drops is sound. Reminds me of another Colorado Hummer driver I know

I was wondering if anyone has replaced theirs lately and what kind did they put on? I can't seem to find the Energy Suspension ones Phil is talking about. It's like they discontinued them.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 Rocks
My new idler arm is goofy again, I'm looking for more beefy idler/pitman solutions too. And the steering linkage. I'm starting from scratch!
prease explain

it's not the arm itself. I can talk someone through a potential solution if you or Trent want to give me a call. It's half-assed radical but is somewhat non-permanent. Of course, since I don't have this problem, I have not tried this.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAGON
prease explain

it's not the arm itself. I can talk someone through a potential solution if you or Trent want to give me a call. It's half-assed radical but is somewhat non-permanent. Of course, since I don't have this problem, I have not tried this.
Well, after only about 4000 miles my new idler is starting to rock on the centerlink. After a recent alignment, I noticed the castor adjustment bracket is at the end of travel again. (not sure if it's related, but I assume it is) I was hoping to fix this by putting on a Cognito support bracket and idler arm, as well as their pitman arm. I wasn't sure if the Moog stuff is better though. Isn't that what everyone replaced their Fabtech stuff with?

Was thinking of trying this: http://www.cognitomotorsports.com/02...t_assembly.htm

and this: http://www.cognitomotorsports.com/02...tman_idler.htm

What do you think of that?

The more I learn about the front end the more I wonder if my torsion bars are still as stiff as they were when they were new. I usually check the height on all 4 corners of the car while it's running, after the air suspension has cycled and stopped. It's still at 42.5 inches off a level floor, all the way around, so I'm not sure if the torsion bars are an issue, yet. Why does it feel so squishy all the time? I rode in someone elses 03 hummer a few weeks ago and when they came to a stop, the front end hardly moved. Whats up with that?

BTW, I'm still looking for new swaybar bushings and can't locate any that aren't stock.
Phil, I left you a message at Trailduty.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:49 AM
Hummer Guru

It's the front bushings mounted up against the frame. (in the middle of the swaybar) I was looking around town today, and on the internet and Energy Suspension doesn't have any for an H2. ??? I figured they were the same as any other part for a Chev/GM truck.
My swaybar links, behind the tie rods, were replaced a month ago. Those bushings no longer existed. This trouble is brand new, like I drove it on Sunday, and noticed it backing out of the driveway the next morning. I did pull a heavier load than normal over a cra p p y road though.

My dealership said they could have stock ones sent in for 19.00/each.
I kinda wanted the ones you can grease. The dealership had another name for the part. I think it was anit sway sleeve, or something. sorry can't remember.

I had hoped that I could get the grease-able synthetic kind from Energy Suspension and be done with it ...