H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-02-2003, 11:56 AM

czar is off the scale

I've noticed that when passing another H2 traveling in the opposite direction that most of the time the driver will wave. Naturaly I wave back. I know there is a "corvette wave" but I didn't get the memo on the "hummer wave".
Old 12-03-2003, 11:10 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Texas Red:
Japanese don't drive off-road.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to Japan 4-8 times a year for biz and pleasure. There`s some hard core off-roaders there. I was once illiterate to the world. But my business forces you to do otherwise.

It`s always a pleasure reading Mac`s posts. I notice a few members here envy him. I don`t think it`s even possible to rattle the guy.

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-03-2003, 05:33 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilD:
I get more comments and thumbs up when driving my wifes XK8 than I do in the H2, even from guys on Harleys.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phil,

It's strange how much different it is when I drive the wifey's 03 Rover. The comments, the looks, nothing negative, almost like," There's a successful guy" reverence.

One of the reasons I love my H2 is no matter what the reaction, theres not a whole hell of a lot they can do about it.

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-03-2003, 04:23 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
Offroad Hummer owners want non-offroad Hummer owners to go offroad by making fun of them constantly<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No MAC....you got it wrong.

Offroad Hummer owners enjoy using the vehicle for what it was particularly designed to do AND enjoy sharing, discussing and talking about it. Maybe we even celebrate it.

Some (not all, but some) NON-Offroading Hummer owners perhaps feel deep down a bit insecure and unworthy in some way and assume we must ridicule them for not offroading. Get over it.

Yeah...we joke around and tease, but in the end what you do with your H2 is your business.

Back to the subject. I saw an H1 coming down the street and waved and even flashed my lights. The oncoming H1 did nothing!! THEN, I recognized the guy driving it as my buddy Stu. He just didn't see me and was in typical driving zombie-mode.

I'm going to give humanity the benefit of the doubt and figure that most people are just unaware and in zombie-mode while driving. Most anyone would give a nod or wave IF they were aware they were being addressed.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:28 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Dennis, its all in the attitude, and you are in control of your attitude, thus your destiny.

I almost lost it on Monday when a very important and urgent UPS pacakge from France did not arrive which was scheduled for last Friday delivery. UPS 800 operator insisted it is in their building, he gave me the wrong city which wasted 1 hour of my time in heavy rain, by the time I got there, dispatcher said it is on the truck. It arrived last minute, we did what we did and it went out. I did not get mad nor did I yell at anyone, but I could sense I was losing my patience and boiler was heating up. I know I can get mean and nasty and never surrender, I am glad I didn't get to that point, and hasn't happen for a long time. I lose when that happens.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:33 PM

Peyton77 is off the scale

as a former jeep owner there is most definately a wave.

Peyton

03 Pewter H2, Leather, Sunroof, Chrome Side Step Bars, Xenon Head Lights, Xenon DRL Lights, DRL Jumper, Chrome Letter Inserts (Rear Bumper), Tinted Windows, SMA Chrome Fuel Door, SMA Truck Cover (Thax to Jason), More to come...

Old 12-03-2003, 07:49 PM

1BADH2 is off the scale

No one in Buffalo waves. Maybe they just don't like me.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:56 AM

czar is off the scale

I've noticed that when passing another H2 traveling in the opposite direction that most of the time the driver will wave. Naturaly I wave back. I know there is a "corvette wave" but I didn't get the memo on the "hummer wave".
Old 12-03-2003, 10:02 PM

argonaut is off the scale

I know a Japanese guy that is a hard core offroader. Jiro has a lifted samurai that will literally go anywhere. Puts my stock H2 to shame, but that's because my H2 is stock (and too wide for a lot of places). Whenever I offroad with him, he always gives me the thumbs up when he shows me up. I just yell "baka yaro".
Old 12-03-2003, 03:12 PM
Hummer Messiah

I got a kiss blown to me from a woman in a Jag.
I got the wiggly tongue from 4 girls in a Jetta.
I got a lipstick kiss mark on my drivers window.
I get waves from kids all the time.
I got a finger from a nice guy in a Jeep 4x.
I get the usual reaction from the hippies.
But no wave from another H2.

Am I doing something wrong???????

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-02-2003, 12:50 PM

czar is off the scale

ahh thanks KenP, I missed that post
Old 12-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

Japanese don't drive off-road.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:42 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

This very subject was discussed approx. 3 weeks ago. As I noted in my post at that time I had not gotten any waves during the previous month that I owned my H2. Well I'm happy to say that I got my first wave and smile from a woman driving a yellow H2 just yesterday. There's hope for New Jersey yet.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step
Old 12-03-2003, 10:52 PM

how about the H1s salute the environmentalists with their middle finger instead...
Old 12-03-2003, 10:49 PM

3D Guy is off the scale

I flash my lights and give the pice sign, not that I'm a hippy but the two stands for H2. I think that H1 should point up with there index finger, giving the Number One sign.

.................................................. ........
That’s just my opinion, I could be wrong......... NOT!!

3D Guy A.K.A. Brian Mundy

03, H2 Yellow, Lux, Sunroof, Air Suspension, 3rd Row. Brush Gaurd and 30gb iPod

3D Guy A.K.A. Brian Mundy

03, H2 Yellow, Lux, Sunroof, Air Suspension, 3rd Row. Brush Gaurd and 30gb iPod
Old 12-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Radical environmentalists want to change what you drive by making fun of what you drive, they think they are smarter and better and obligated to change others.
Offroad Hummer owners want non-offroad Hummer owners to go offroad by making fun of them constantly, they think they are smarter and better and obligated to change others.
Hummer owners who love to wave want others Hummer owners to wave too, they think they are smarter and better and obligated to change others.

A lot of things in life can be put in 2 camps: 1- My business, 2- Not my business.
You take care your own business, forget about other people's business, life is simple and happy for you and everybody else.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:57 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Mac, while I agree with many of your posts, or just enjoy reading them, I must say I think you are off base with the On/Off-road Hummer owners.

It is certainly no secret, one can assume, that my truck sees limited off-road use. Other than the HH's and the occasional trip to Hatteras my truck has only been off-road a couple of times. I do not, and have not felt ridiculed by others on this site. Correction, someone has an issue with supercharges. No big deal to me.

I realize that I may never have the 4x4 experience and knowhow as others here. I probably would be a basket case trying to run that shoot in the Pic of the Month. "God please don't let it get hurt". But again, it does not bother me. Nor do I feel pushed or obligated to wheel my rig.

BTW, just last week while at a light a fellow pulled next to me on a black Harley. I looked at him and said, "Nice Harley." He said, "Thanks, Nice Hummer." I said thanks and away we went. Today at the new house atleast six guys took time out from framing to look over the truck and talk to me about it.

I love to share info, get info and generally meet new people. Maybe that is why I enjoy this site so much.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 12-02-2003, 01:44 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point

I always flash the lights on my GOBI rack, but I actually think I'm cool when I do it.

Adam P. Smith
Mortgage Pros, Inc.
303-407-2405 p
303-407-2414 f
aps101374@yahoo.com
Old 12-03-2003, 10:02 PM

Is Mac Japanese or something?
Old 12-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

No, argo, I am not Japanese, but I did have a Japanese girlfriled once, that was super nice. I have been to Japan many times, have done business with them and still do for many years. It is ok to call me Japanese, pretty smart and polite people. TX Red does what he does as usual, thats fine by me too. I am not Iraqi, but if you want to call me an Iraqi, that's is fine with me too.

As in all my posts, there is 20% chance I could be wrong, and 80% chance that I may change my mind without notice. That is 100% perfection according to my calculator, my fingers and toes, anything more than 20x5, I am out of the game.

There is a little button on my Hummer that says" Offroad, provoke!" I just push it, usually SteveR and PhilD will pop out. I haven't push that for a long time, it has been slow and quiet here, I forgot what it was like, so I thought "Why not?" Both of them aged quite a bit in the last few months, they are now nice, polite and matured. In the old days, they and the regular gang would pull hair, jump up and down, goes on and on. Sort of like what they do in the lab, see how many times the same mice falls into the same trap door. Its all good spirit fun, I personal don't care one way or another.

I expresed an opinion, then I waited until when I get home to pull up the net to see what's in the net. I do enjoy reading your opinions, I have no interest in changing anyone's mind, nor does it matter if anyone agree with me, heck, I may change my mind 5 minutes later.