H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Hummer Professional

HUM GOOD has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Oxygen sensor

I want to put a air/fuel ratio monitor in......2005 H2...Is there a O2 sensor already there that I can use?
Old 05-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Hummer Expert

IRA51 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Oxygen sensor

you can buy a scanner and check the o2 switching rate through the OBD DATA PORT..but if you want a/f ratio readings and want them to be accurate you will need to take the readings with a gas anilizer upstream of the cats . if your switching rate iS in the normal range you should be fine.
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRA51
you can buy a scanner and check the o2 switching rate through the OBD DATA PORT..but if you want a/f ratio readings and want them to be accurate you will need to take the readings with a gas anilizer upstream of the cats . if your switching rate iS in the normal range you should be fine.

Can I tap into the sensors in the exhaust between the motor and the cat.....or do I need to drill in a seperate one for the monitor?
Old 05-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Hummer Expert

What part of Jersey are you in? if your in or the Morristown area stop in and see my buddy Fred Finley at 4 early street and he will scan it for you . you can check the O2 sensor with a DVOM but if you want tho know the A/F ratio you will need to drill a hole in the head pipe and insert the probe to get a good reading ,than weld up the hole after your done. just what are you trying to find out ? the upstream O2 is to measure the amount of oxygen in the exaust and send the info the the computer to trim the fuel to close to stoichiometric 14.7 lbs air to 1 lb of fuel . if you use a DVOM you will see that as the voltage goes higher you will be richer and as it drops you will be leaner. the down stream o2 is to measure cat efficiency. if you do not have a MIL light on than you are probably in range and all is well. OBD II IS YOUR FRIEND ,if you have a good full function scaner or get someone who has one to scan it you will know whats up . good luck if you have a MIL light on you can try auto zone and they will be able to check for codes .
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by IRA51 : 05-26-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Hummer Professional

Good looking out Ira - I'm hookin up a air ratio autometer gauge, I got it working. I taped into the sensor above the cat(the blue wire). I have a scanner so I was able to check the readings on the wire. I have done many mods to the rig in the last 2 years. I have 75,000 miles on it and want to keep constant monitoring on certain things. I have played with the tuning plenti times also and I don't really trust the idiot lights in the rig all that much. Besides this gauge particularly looks cool on the dash.
Thanks for the help.

Does your man Fred have a 4 wheel drive dyno I can toss this baby on. I found a guy in ridgefield nj.....wants $125 and hour for machine time. I thought that wasn't bad.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Hummer Expert

no Fred got rid of his mustang dyno some time ago and a two wheel dyno would trash your transfer case in a hurry any way ,he is 65 and scaleing back now a days. have you seen the new HP shortblock SLP in Toms river has ? it has a Lunati forged stroker crank and will deliver a bunch of power at low RPM's with the right cam.
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson