H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-08-2006, 12:32 PM
fordexp1

Hello everyone, Just registered on this board and visited it yesturday in search of some general info. As you can tell by my user name I am a Ford owner by birth. My wife has really taken to the idea of getting a H2 and I want to make her a happy camper (as a husband should want to do in the first place). We have been to the local Hummer dealer a few times in the last several months and I/we have a few questions about owning a H2. She wants to get a used one from an 03' on up and I am pushing for a new one to get the warrenty and know where the truck has been from the start. She wants the LUX package on the truck with most of the bells and whistles and I don't care one way or the other as long as she is happy with it. Now I have been reading and trying to find as much info on these trucks as best as I can but I figured where else to get the best info than from the current owners. So is there anything that we should look out for on a used H2 that anyone has run into. (I read most of the cracked diff thread and will look at that if we decide on a used one). From the test drive we took last week (granted I sat in the second row behind the wife and salesman) the ride was nice and quiet and the truck felt open with plenty of room inside. Just wondering if anyone has had problems with the seemingly complex drivers setup. We both decided against the Navagation system and what the CD changer and the kids want seperate video in the rear section. Hopefully some of you can chime in and I can get some real world input as to which way to go with this purchase. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:23 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
On 2006 and newer H1/H2/H3, you get that bumper to bumper warranty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are there newer ones than '06?

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 02-08-2006, 01:33 PM
shhrtbs

as long as you're inside the factory warranty, you could also add an extended warranty on top. mine has paid for itself already.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Hummer Veteran

L.E. Sniper is off the scale

I have bought (2) used H2 in the last two years both had factory warrenty when I bought them. I have had no problems with either. We really enjoy them and use them as daily drivers
Old 02-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

The complex driver's set up becomes very simple and useful after you spend about 30 minutes learning it.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
On 2006 and newer H1/H2/H3, you get that bumper to bumper warranty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are there newer ones than '06? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are 06 1/2 model year H3's like yours. Since the 07's are almost out now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright, mine is a half model year newer than I thought!

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 02-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Hummer Authority

GLBLWARMR is an unknown quantity at this point

The hummer comes with a 4yr/50,000 mile warranty that transfers with the vehicle. Whether new or used as long as it doesn't have over 50,000 on it you will get the warranty. For more info go to hummer.com and it is explained there. If you go used buy the extended warranty. Use the find function and there are plenty of threads on extended warranties. You will not be disappointed with the purchase of the H2.
2013 Victory Cross Country
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
Old 02-09-2006, 03:30 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:

There are 06 1/2 model year H3's like yours. Since the 07's are almost out now.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Hummer Authority

GLBLWARMR is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarineHawk:
The complex driver's set up becomes very simple and useful after you spend about 30 minutes learning it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep the owners manual explains it all.
2013 Victory Cross Country
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
Old 02-09-2006, 03:30 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dochummer:
I think you mean 4yr/50k? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, 4yr 50,000 mile. Brain cramp! sorry.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:56 AM
fordexp1

Thanks for all the great responce. Let me clarify one thing I was in the second row as the salesman was showing the wife all the bells and whistles plus I had the grandson and our youngest daughter back there with me. So by complicated setup ups I was refering to all the setting you can input for the 2 drivers that include (if my hearing and memory are correct) the seat positions, mirror positions, radio setups and then he went into the drivers info station that I didn't get to see any of with the kids back there. But anyway if we can find a used one with low miles than that may be the way to go. I will keep you all posted as this progresses and if I get a VIN number to check out I will post it up right away to help with the decision process. Oh yea, she is hell bent on getting the yellow color so that is one decision already made. Thanks again.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:32 PM
fordexp1

Hello everyone, Just registered on this board and visited it yesturday in search of some general info. As you can tell by my user name I am a Ford owner by birth. My wife has really taken to the idea of getting a H2 and I want to make her a happy camper (as a husband should want to do in the first place). We have been to the local Hummer dealer a few times in the last several months and I/we have a few questions about owning a H2. She wants to get a used one from an 03' on up and I am pushing for a new one to get the warrenty and know where the truck has been from the start. She wants the LUX package on the truck with most of the bells and whistles and I don't care one way or the other as long as she is happy with it. Now I have been reading and trying to find as much info on these trucks as best as I can but I figured where else to get the best info than from the current owners. So is there anything that we should look out for on a used H2 that anyone has run into. (I read most of the cracked diff thread and will look at that if we decide on a used one). From the test drive we took last week (granted I sat in the second row behind the wife and salesman) the ride was nice and quiet and the truck felt open with plenty of room inside. Just wondering if anyone has had problems with the seemingly complex drivers setup. We both decided against the Navagation system and what the CD changer and the kids want seperate video in the rear section. Hopefully some of you can chime in and I can get some real world input as to which way to go with this purchase. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you mean 4yr/50k?

'03 H2
Old 02-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Hummer Guru

5yr/50k?

'03 H2
Old 02-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just wondering if anyone has had problems with the seemingly complex drivers setup. We both decided against the Navagation system and what the CD changer and the kids want seperate video in the rear section. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

03,04, and 05 have a 3 yr 36,000 mile warranty.

06 and up have the 5 year, 50,000 mile warranty.

Keep your eye on E Bay and Autotrader.com. You can find used 04/ 05 models with low miles for cheap. When looking at used ones, get the VIN and ask if someone on this site can look up the service records for you. That may put some of the questions you may have on a used one to rest. Also, check the front skid plate and UC protection for dents, scratches. Many of the used H2's have never seen off road conditions. I just found an 04 with very low miles taht never saw wet grass... for under 40K. I was able to check all the the factory recalls and service records through the local dealer before the purchase.

As for the DVD system, Visualogix has a nice headrest system with wireless headphones. PM PhilD on this site (TrailDuty.com) or Jason's store here has a ton of products and good prices.

BTW-- THINK PEWTER!
Tim.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:40 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Corapeake, NC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hell, you're just down the road! Buy one... Do NOW!

The "complicated" system really isn't and that just confuses me. What's complicated? Put it in drive and hit the gas.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Hummer Expert

CslRkH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fordexp1:
Just wondering if anyone has had problems with the seemingly complex drivers setup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? I really have no idea what you mean by "complex".

Mine came with a Steering Wheel, Gas Pedal on the right, Brake Pedal on the left, the usual. I think Fords have the same setup no?
Old 02-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dochummer:
5yr/50k? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On 2006 and newer H1/H2/H3, you get that bumper to bumper warranty.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Hummer Guru

If I recall correctly, the 4yr/50k warranty only applies to 2006 and up?

'03 H2
Old 02-09-2006, 02:08 AM
mstams

Actually, H1 Alpha's are available in an 06-2 model. These now have the all black interior and will have the newer version Duramax and 6-speed Allison transmission later this year. This is because the original 06 models came out early last year after skipping the 05 model.