H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-26-2005, 03:04 PM

N0z is off the scale

This is geared to f5 or any other knowing soul.

I was curious about the GMID discount. Like mentioned in other post I knw I can get me hans on one (ty) but what should I expect? I went to my local dealer and he will not accept it and didn't not want to even talk about it. before heading to Emaus I wanted to bring a nice blank check but need to know what to expect. I am looking at most likely getting a stripped down H3 with an automatic trans (31.5k I think it works out to be). Unless the GMID price difference between that and a lux pkg or Adventure package is not too drastic. Thx again in advance.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Two percent above invoice (plus or minus a couple hundred) is the price for supplier or GMID program. Remember, the discount in actual dollars is larger as the vehicle gets more expensive.
So far I have offered four people GMID numbers, and no one has sent me the information...oh well. I still have two left for July.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

fstop,

I am amazed that nobody is jumping on that offer. Very generous of you to publicly post the offer.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-29-2005, 09:46 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canucksnaphook:
I wonder if these will work in Canada?? And also, is there an "expiration" date on the certificate? You guys are solid and even though I dont own an H3 yet.....this has a family feel to the forum. Thanks again

C. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My first response would be no, it won't work, at least from a GM US employee. The main reason is that in order for me to obtain an authorization number, I have to enter into the system the last four of the person's social security number. Canadians do not have US social security numbers.
Also, GM of Canada is a different entity that is owned by GM North America. I know in their warranty side, claims are handled quite differently than in the US.
However, there might be some system that allows a GM of Canada employee to issue some sort of number for Canadian sales.
Something that I can't answer, since I hate calling my Canadian counterpart, cause she drives me absolutely crazy.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:11 AM

canucksnaphook is off the scale

Please dont judge all Canadians by the actions or behavior of WOMEN !! they are the downfall of us all..just kidding of course ladies. I wonder how I can find out more about the discounts...could make life MUCH easier....thanks to all that have responded.

C.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:28 PM

N0z is off the scale

I would do the same..... locate another dealer and see if they will take it.....
Old 07-27-2005, 09:07 PM

trading13 is off the scale

Ummm holy crap I want one and you don't have to ask twice, that is incredibly nice! And hey I love Texas I'll fly/drive to/from Sewell. So fstop or Marc do you have one for august or even september to share? You guys arent teasing right?
Old 07-27-2005, 01:15 AM

trading13 is off the scale

ok I'm dying to know, so how do you get your hands on a GMID certificate???? And which dealers accept them?
Old 07-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Hummer Guru

I was at Suburban Hummer, Troy, MI on Monday, and I would almost bet, the would accept GMID or supplier discount on an H3. First thing I asked was if they would accept GM employee pricing, from an employee on an H3 and was immediately informed if I had the number, they would sell.
They have about 50 H3s on their lot, salesman Mike Debinski was low pressured, allowed me to test drive even though I told him I had to sell a Vette first.
So, anyone in the Detroit area, if you can't find a GMID, Supplier or GMS (Employee pricing) give 'em a call.
(If you really want a payment, they also sell Bentley, Rolls Royce and Lamborghini in their other three dealers in the same location.

Another thing, I'm not in advertising or marketing so I may not know what I'm going to say, but I would guess in a month or two, dealers may be more willing to go GMID on vehicles. With the expiration of the GM employee pricing on all vehicles, their profit margins on vehicles will increase, but their sales may go down a bit. So, this MIGHT make them more willing to start selling more vehicles.
Dealers make a larger profit on GMID and Supplier discounts than they do on GMS (employee pricing). I know in the Vette world, there were many dealers that would GMID a car, but would not GMS a car. (Then again, Vettes are on a allocation system to the dealers, Hummers aren't.)
Old 07-26-2005, 10:34 PM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

Depending on the truck, it's anywhere from $2500-$3000 off of sticker.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:11 PM

Marc H3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
fstop,

I am amazed that nobody is jumping on that offer. Very generous of you to publicly post the offer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_BLUE">I would be happy to give out a GMID certificate as well.

Just let me know if anyone needs one. </span>
Old 07-27-2005, 09:38 PM

canucksnaphook is off the scale

I wonder if these will work in Canada?? And also, is there an "expiration" date on the certificate? You guys are solid and even though I dont own an H3 yet.....this has a family feel to the forum. Thanks again

C.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Hummer Guru

As I am sure you have seen by Grim's posts and some of my past posts, these Florida Dealers really suck. At least the Central Florida dealers. Called to ask about the GMID discount and was on hold for 15 minute. Good thing I was busy reading this forum at the same time Anyway, finally hung up and called back just to have the receptionist tell me that my salesman was off today. So why the hell did you put me on hold for fifteen minutes the first time Anyway, back to the point, I asked about the GMID and she said they only accept it on the H2. She acted all surprise when I asked who I needed to talk to so I could get my deposit back. WTF, you think you are such a special dealership that I am going to spend an extra $3K with you for the pleasure of it Have to call and talk to my salesman tomorrow about getting the deposit back. Placed the deposit in March, maybe first of April don't recall, and got my name on the list and now I have to start the whole process over again

Sorry for the rambling, just had to vent

Old 07-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trading13:
Ummm holy crap I want one and you don't have to ask twice, that is incredibly nice! And hey I love Texas I'll fly/drive to/from Sewell. So fstop or Marc do you have one for august or even september to share? You guys arent teasing right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not teasing. Just make sure the dealer accepts the GMID discount.
Authorization number is good for up to six months, and can be used on any GM/Saab/Saturn vehicle; except for some heavy trucks.
What either I or Marc will need is your date of birth, and last four digits of the SSN. I or Marc enter this information into the GMID authorization website, and it produces a GMID authorization number. This number is emailed to you from the site, and I also make a screen copy of the page and email, just in case the system does not email correctly.
You take that authorization number to the dealer, and they cross-check against your DOB and SSN to verify you are the same person who the number is issued to.
If you feel uncomfortable giving out this information to a complete stranger, email me via this forum, and I will send you my GM.com email address.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:54 PM

clydecpa is off the scale

I priced out a Lux/offroad pckg., sunroof, XM, side curtain air bags, trailering eq./pckg., crossbows for about $2700 savings using my GMID certificate. I have not bought or ordered yet as I am awaiting the sale of my beloved 2004 350Z roadster.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:27 PM
Hummer Guru

Grim,

With the savings, it would be more than worth a plane ticket to fly and buy if you have the time to. I haven't gotten around to it but have to call my salesman to see if the Orlando dealership is accepting them. Unfortunately, I would be amazed if they do based on the all the reports about them If they don't, I want my damn deposit back.

Old 07-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Hummer Guru

N0z,

Go to Edmonds at the link below. From there you can do a price quote on what you want and it will give you both MSRP and Invoice. The GMID price should be about 2% over invoice. This should at least put you in the ballpark of where you will end up.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/humm...01/prices.html

Old 07-26-2005, 03:04 PM

N0z is off the scale

This is geared to f5 or any other knowing soul.

I was curious about the GMID discount. Like mentioned in other post I knw I can get me hans on one (ty) but what should I expect? I went to my local dealer and he will not accept it and didn't not want to even talk about it. before heading to Emaus I wanted to bring a nice blank check but need to know what to expect. I am looking at most likely getting a stripped down H3 with an automatic trans (31.5k I think it works out to be). Unless the GMID price difference between that and a lux pkg or Adventure package is not too drastic. Thx again in advance.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:59 PM

H3OH is off the scale

I did this as well with my H3 and got it right about invoice. Classic Hummer in Dallas also accepts them. Just FYI.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:04 PM

N0z is off the scale

I am still debating.... I appreciate your offer and if I decide to go this way you will be contacted. Not sure if I want a payment this high.