H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-27-2005, 03:18 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I was working in my garage near the Hummer. That's about the only thing relevant to Hummer your gonna read on this thread.

I suddenly hear my neighbor call for me....he says he has a huge rat caught in his kitchen. I came running over to check it out (not sure why). Sure as heck, this mid-sized rat is in the corner just sitting there.

So my neighbor get this irrigation tube, about 12' long and 3" wide...and puts duct-tape over one end of it. He sticks it near the rat but nothing happens. With a broom in hand I go in and start prompting the rat to jump into the tube. The rat spars with the broom a bit and gives it a fight...but eventually flee's into the safety of the tube. BIG MISTAKE.

I drop the broom and lift up the tube...I can hear him sliding down. We take it outside and he won't quite come out. I was able to jilt the tube sharp enough to get him about midway in the tube....then, with a heaving effort I brought the tube rapidly upwards, over my head and wham: the rat got catapulted out and went flying in the air. This rat was the Charles F'in Lindberg of the rat neighborhood...he went flying about 40 feet high and 60 feet long where he crashed into a huge pine tree. We could hear him falling down.....I'm proud of the little bastard...he didn't miss a single branch.

If he'd have stayed airbourne longer, we'd have to show him a movie and give him a meal.

I know....but if Dennis can fall in love with himself in the chat-room and make a thread of it...I can talk about my Rat-a-pulting!

next time we're gonna cover him in a mixture of gasoline & vasoline and then have an ignitor light him up as he exits the tube...like a beacon in the sky!

Oh man...I hope God doesn't read this thread, I'm not exactly scoring any points here.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:38 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Your hidious crime has even reached China!
Attached Images

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-28-2005, 08:53 PM

HUMMERCHIEFUK is off the scale

Could not believe it the other day when I opened up my local Newspaper to find this article!!!!
Old 01-27-2005, 07:20 AM

BlackDragon is off the scale

Ahem. You should have taken ratty a bit further away than 60 feet, man. Rats and mice can find their ways back to the place they've made their home from up to 3 miles away.

The rat will be like the frikken' Terminator - "He'll be back..."
Old 01-27-2005, 03:18 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I was working in my garage near the Hummer. That's about the only thing relevant to Hummer your gonna read on this thread.

I suddenly hear my neighbor call for me....he says he has a huge rat caught in his kitchen. I came running over to check it out (not sure why). Sure as heck, this mid-sized rat is in the corner just sitting there.

So my neighbor get this irrigation tube, about 12' long and 3" wide...and puts duct-tape over one end of it. He sticks it near the rat but nothing happens. With a broom in hand I go in and start prompting the rat to jump into the tube. The rat spars with the broom a bit and gives it a fight...but eventually flee's into the safety of the tube. BIG MISTAKE.

I drop the broom and lift up the tube...I can hear him sliding down. We take it outside and he won't quite come out. I was able to jilt the tube sharp enough to get him about midway in the tube....then, with a heaving effort I brought the tube rapidly upwards, over my head and wham: the rat got catapulted out and went flying in the air. This rat was the Charles F'in Lindberg of the rat neighborhood...he went flying about 40 feet high and 60 feet long where he crashed into a huge pine tree. We could hear him falling down.....I'm proud of the little bastard...he didn't miss a single branch.

If he'd have stayed airbourne longer, we'd have to show him a movie and give him a meal.

I know....but if Dennis can fall in love with himself in the chat-room and make a thread of it...I can talk about my Rat-a-pulting!

next time we're gonna cover him in a mixture of gasoline & vasoline and then have an ignitor light him up as he exits the tube...like a beacon in the sky!

Oh man...I hope God doesn't read this thread, I'm not exactly scoring any points here.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:33 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Rat-on Sfox!!
Old 01-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Hummer Expert

Hum2 is off the scale

Funny Story Steve!

Ric
Old 01-27-2005, 03:32 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve, that's funny as can be. I can just picture the rat going "Geronimo" as it flies into the trees. You better watch out for it's family. I understand rat families don't like their kin being talked about. (Look at the size of the balls on this thing in relation to his size. No wonder they are crazy.)
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2005, 04:33 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Attached Images

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

Funny. We launch the little bastards the same way, only we dont have rats here (that I have seen), but mice work well too. Steve, in all my years of playing with "napalm" I have always been dissapointed with gasoline and vasonline route, instead try diesel and grease. It burns much longer, and bit hotter, and is much less volitile then using gas.

-007=
Old 01-27-2005, 04:40 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You better set up a fence around the launch site or Richard Gere is going to try to get his anus in front of the tube.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:57 AM

Kevin B is off the scale

Steve, if I were guessing, I think this one is taunting you .
Old 01-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

You'd better watch it, Steve....ever seen "Willard"?

"Plot Summary for Willard (1971)

A social misfit, Willard is made fun of by his co-workers, and squeezed out of the company started by his deceased father by his boss. His only friends are a couple of rats he raised at home, Ben and Socrates. (And their increasing number of friends) However, when one of them is killed at work, he goes on a rampage using his rats to attack those who have been tormenting him."

Rats can beat your ass, dude. I know, I have them as pets.

Stacy
Old 01-28-2005, 02:32 AM

NuckinFuts is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spike:
Why not use a potato gun to launch the little bastards. They are about the same size and weight of an average potato. It would probably send them about 100 yards or so. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I uh uh uh..., I mean I know a guy that did some testing for NASA with chipmunks and a potato gun. It was one hell of a show, just make sure there are not any trees in the launch path, or it they make one hell of a thump.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

You really should move into the 21st centry.
Make a combustion chamber 1/4 from the bottom,
then put a M80 or larger in the bottom(long fuse) Your 40 feet will become 140,but thinking
about it more don't forget the kevlar.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:19 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not use a potato gun to launch the little bastards. They are about the same size and weight of an average potato. It would probably send them about 100 yards or so.
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackDragon:
Ahem. You should have taken ratty a bit further away than 60 feet, man. Rats and mice can find their ways back to the place they've made their home from up to 3 miles away.

The rat will be like the frikken' Terminator - "He'll be back..." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh...yeah, good point....I see where you're going with this: I suppose we'll have to set-up a FREQUENT FLYER PROGRAM for him then!!!
Old 01-27-2005, 11:59 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Dang Steve, if I have a Ferrari, I'd makes sure to give peace offerings to all the critters in the block, instead of declaring war on em...
Old 01-27-2005, 05:02 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

That's ALL funny as hell.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:51 AM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale

Steve:

I would ask if the rat is related to Ted Turner, but I don't want to insult the rat.

Great story,

George
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system