H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-02-2005, 12:38 AM

silverbrick is off the scale

Thursday (6/30) was the first time that I used the H3 to commute to work. I did the usual routine of parking at the Greenbelt, MD (Washington DC suburb) subway station parking lot and rode the train to DC. Well my trouble or adventure started on the way out the parking lot on my way home. The parking lot toll booths are unmanned, and have these card readers that are just the right height for a person driving a “normal” vehicle to roll the driver side window down and press his/her “SmartTrip” card against the reader. Then the exit barrier would then be raised so that one can exit the parking lot. Well, I pulled up to the toll booth, stopped beside the card reader and rolled the vehicle window down. With the smarttrip card in my left hand, I tried to press it against the reader. No way. I needed like 6 more inches of left arm to get to the reader. I unbuckled the seat belt, then tried doing it half standing and leaning out of the window (...and yes, I did put the A/T in P before I stand up). No way again. Being the Hummer guy I am (48 hours of experience at the time), I decided to open the driver side door to get to the reader. No dice. The door was hitting against the booth, so I couldn’t get out. I finally gathered my wits and maneuvered across to the right front passenger door, exited, ran around to the left side of the H3, pressed my card against the reader, hustled back into the vehicle and took off. By the way, I am 6 feet 2 inches tall...and the 2003 Chevy Trailblazer I used to own was a “normal” vehicle.

It was strange that the people that were in the cars behind were not yelling at me, which is not normal. They were preoccupied with looking at the H3.

The moral of this story is that if you are going to act goofy, do it in an H3, so that the attention will be away from you.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:38 AM

Thursday (6/30) was the first time that I used the H3 to commute to work. I did the usual routine of parking at the Greenbelt, MD (Washington DC suburb) subway station parking lot and rode the train to DC. Well my trouble or adventure started on the way out the parking lot on my way home. The parking lot toll booths are unmanned, and have these card readers that are just the right height for a person driving a “normal” vehicle to roll the driver side window down and press his/her “SmartTrip” card against the reader. Then the exit barrier would then be raised so that one can exit the parking lot. Well, I pulled up to the toll booth, stopped beside the card reader and rolled the vehicle window down. With the smarttrip card in my left hand, I tried to press it against the reader. No way. I needed like 6 more inches of left arm to get to the reader. I unbuckled the seat belt, then tried doing it half standing and leaning out of the window (...and yes, I did put the A/T in P before I stand up). No way again. Being the Hummer guy I am (48 hours of experience at the time), I decided to open the driver side door to get to the reader. No dice. The door was hitting against the booth, so I couldn’t get out. I finally gathered my wits and maneuvered across to the right front passenger door, exited, ran around to the left side of the H3, pressed my card against the reader, hustled back into the vehicle and took off. By the way, I am 6 feet 2 inches tall...and the 2003 Chevy Trailblazer I used to own was a “normal” vehicle.

It was strange that the people that were in the cars behind were not yelling at me, which is not normal. They were preoccupied with looking at the H3.

The moral of this story is that if you are going to act goofy, do it in an H3, so that the attention will be away from you.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:43 AM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

hahaha thats hella funny...
Old 07-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

I suppose that does qualify as 'like nothing else' Do you have a plan of attack for next time? or is this going to be a daily occurance!? ha!

-brian

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 07-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

Sounds like you need to invent "SmartTrip on a stick".
Old 07-02-2005, 06:23 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer Guy:
I suppose that does qualify as 'like nothing else' Do you have a plan of attack for next time? or is this going to be a daily occurance!? ha!

-brian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I came up with a stick with a large paper clip that can work as an extension of my left arm. This is not going to be a daily accurance. Thanks Brian,...thanks killian.