H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-18-2003, 08:44 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Buy a Porsche and get a VW V6 engine.
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2003, 04:12 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

TR6, TR7 or MG midget or Mazda Miata are actually all too small for me. I have been in all, and I had trouble moving or where to put my legs, after a ride, I could not wait to get out and dreaded going back in. 914, on the other hand is very spacious and fun to drive. I had a GF who had a 914, we took that 914 out from SF to Mentecca Waterworld under the California sun, 2 hrs+ each way, fun fun fun.

We all know someone or yourself who had a Fiat Spyder in the garage which one of these days they will eventually be fixed and restored and take it out for a spin, that day never came for all of them. I seen them and almost bought one to restore. Fantasy is fantasy.

VW, reliable or not is a cheap brand of cheap cars. They will run run and run, but they were cheap cars and will be cheap cars, designed and made to be such. In the Porsche owners' world, a Porsche with a VW heart will be avoided by all for decades to come. Why pay top price to be a second class citizen?
Old 12-19-2003, 04:31 PM

Drag is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Maximum power of 450 hp is obtained at 6,000 rpm, preceded by 460 lb-ft of torque all the way from 2,250 to 4,750 rpm. With Tiptronic S, the Cayenne Turbo takes just 5.6 seconds to reach 62 mph with a top track speed of 165 mph. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget the base price of $89,000 BEFORE options! That is a honey of an engine, but it's pricey as hell!

Yes, this is my truck. No, I will NOT help you move.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:53 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Mac, I agree that a 914 would not be considered a true Porsche, but a nicely restored one would make a nice weekend fun car. I have always liked them for some odd reason. That VW engine is a dime a dozen. Give me a nice paint job, interior, descent wheels and tires, stereo and a targa top and I would be happy as can be. But only on the weekends when I can drive slow.

I think we all may have some odd ball car or two that we would like to drive around during a nice weekend. How about a TR6 or early '70's MG. I would not mind having a Cobra replica or Bug Eye.

Goodness, I would love an old Caddy convertible or a beautiful, black Lincoln with suicide doors. An Impala convertible.

Willys Jeep or WWII four wheel drive truck of some sort.

They may be odd, but I would love to have anyone of them for the weekend.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 12-18-2003, 09:52 PM

Hummer__Viper is off the scale

Fugly!!! I'll stick with my lowly Hummer.

98 GTS VIPER
03 H2 HUMMER
Old 12-18-2003, 08:44 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Buy a Porsche and get a VW V6 engine.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

JSA_3 is off the scale

From Phil
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Nothing wrong with VW engines <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From KenP
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Overall, VW has a strong car line<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree and relevent or not I'll only add would'nt be here if weren't for Ferdinand Porsche's original beetle.

On another tangent,the beetle, was used as Germany's answer to our WWII Willys Jeep(from which our H2 is a direct decendent). Can anyone say usless trivia?? Sorry
Old 12-19-2003, 01:35 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Why would you buy a Porsche and not opt for the right setup? Forget the V6, if I considered this for another vehicle (never would replace the H2) it would come equipped with this:

Maximum power of 450 hp is obtained at 6,000 rpm, preceded by 460 lb-ft of torque all the way from 2,250 to 4,750 rpm. With Tiptronic S, the Cayenne Turbo takes just 5.6 seconds to reach 62 mph with a top track speed of 165 mph.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:18 AM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've read some reviews on this little bad boy!!!
From what I've read, it is a smoking little SUV.
It will never give a Hummer competition,
But I wouldn't kick it out of my garage!!!
It's supposed to be the Fastest SUV on the Market, and leave it to Porshe to come up with a wild suspension setup!!

Ric-H2
Old 12-18-2003, 08:48 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

But at least you can say you own a Porsche, always work well with girls, plus at $43K list, it is a lot cheaper than Hummer. I've seen dealer ads cutting $4K off the list.
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2003, 01:09 PM

Fellow Off-Roader is off the scale

don't forget the late 1970 and 1971 914-6 guys. I really wish that was one car I had kept.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:23 PM

Drag is off the scale

One day, an elephant and an ant are out walking in the jungle. The ant fals down in a hole. So the ant shouts to the elephant..."Help me, help me! Get me out of this hole!". So the elephant takes out his manhood, places it into the hole and the ant walks up it to freedom.

Later that day, the elephant falls into another hole, and shouts to the ant "Help me, help me! Get me out of this hole!". So the ant goeas an picks up a Porsche and lays it into the hole. The elephant climbs up the Porsche and is free.

The moral of the story.....If you have a big di*k, then you don't need a Porsche!

Yes, this is my truck. No, I will NOT help you move.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:04 AM

noc is off the scale

VW is the parent company.. why wouldn't it have VW on it? Our H2's have loads of GM emblems everywhere. I'm a huge Audi fan. Had an A4 showcar that was in Eurotuner and a Rare '95 S6 which only 500 exist in the US.

[quote]Originally posted by MAC:
I had an Audi with hundreds of parts with VW logo on them. When I buy an Adui, I buy an Audi, not a VW. The least they could do was to change the logo. QUOTE]
Old 12-19-2003, 03:12 AM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

MAC, everything is "corporate" now.

Remember when Chevrolet, Buick, Oldsmobile, and Pontiac V8 engines were completely different from each other?

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."
Old 12-19-2003, 02:52 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I had an Audi with hundreds of parts with VW logo on them. When I buy an Adui, I buy an Audi, not a VW. The least they could do was to change the logo. There is nothing wrong with a VW engine, most likely far more reliable than Porsche engine, but in the Porsche world, this one singular subject will kill the legitmacy of the Cayenne on the spot. Prior to this change, I could and have considered Cayenne as a 2nd vehicle, but it is completely out of question now. Any one with some knowledge of the 914, 924 even 928(928 S4 is my favorite), knows they were never considered by many to be part of the legit family members, especially 914.

VW is great as a runaround car, quality is poor by their own admission. My impression of a VW is not a new one, but of those 3, 5 10 years old junk, somehow that is what happen to all of VWs. The true test of quality is how long it will last. VW has been the last place runner in industry reports for decades, Dr. Piech himself said so in interviews. IMHO.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:06 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I respect Porsche but was never into them much, not enough to own one. My brother-in-law just bought a $140K new black on black 996 last month, I didn't even get up to go out to take a look during our holiday party. People don't junk Porsches, there are so many of them everywhere, the mystic is gone for me. I still like the wide ass 930 look, but 930 tubo engine needed a lot of work often, it is better to have a 911 with modified wide ass and fake tail wing. Some people like Targa, but Targa line just doesn't look smooth and whole to me. Years ago I had a crazy Japanese mechanic, Hayashi specializes in Porsches, if the dealer couldn't fix it, they took it to him. His garage always had a line of 930s being fixed. 930 turbo was the top dog, especially the open top model, I remembered there was one in DALLAS(TV.), during the party world of '80s, crusing in an open top 930 turbo made you the top man.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:39 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I really like the look of the Toureg. VW makes a strong, long lasting vehicle. As Phil stated, "Nothing wrong with, VW engines". Overall, VW has a strong car line. The new van ought to be great for its segment.

P.S. I'll run the 1/4 against a Cayenne

Black Lingenfelter Lux