H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-01-2003, 12:48 PM

DCfromCapeCod is off the scale

The local Pontiac dealer always has a few Hummers on his lot and is selling them as new...am I missing something here?

[This message was edited by DCfromCapeCod on 08-01-03 at 08:10 AM.]
Old 08-01-2003, 09:17 PM

Paul L is off the scale

DC I bought mine from Norwood & I live more than 1.5 hrs away.
they are the best h2 dealer around, I checked out the one in NH &the other one in MA
Allen & Al they run h2 sales
Tim runs service
good luck whatever you do
Old 08-01-2003, 07:38 PM

austoak is off the scale

DC from Cape Cod, Are you talking about Puritans Pontiac? I also live in Barnstable on Rte.6A. I work with a girl who's father is a salesman at that dealership. I asked her to ask him if they were going to start carrying the H-2's. He said that they do not plan to stock them. However I first saw the Black one out there and now a pewter one. He told his daughter to tell me that he can order any color I wanted. I think they are only getting one in at a time and selling them.
I just bought an H-2 yesterday from Hummer of Norwood. They were all very nice to me and treated me well. I pick it up next week. So if you see a Pewter H-2 driving around Barnstable Village next weekend say hello.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

The big reason why I am buying from McGinnis Hummer/Cadillac in Houston is because as a Cadillac dealer, they seem to "accomodate" you better than a typical Pontiac, Chevy, GMC, etc. dealer (who also does Hummers) would. I know the salesman I have been working with (Eldon Lutz referred by Tbarrow)is miles above the mullet I got stuck with at the Southwest/Pontiac/GMC dealership back at the end of last year when I first started looking.

Those of you on the forum who were here back at the beginning, November 2002, may remember my posts where I qouted some of the salesman's comments to me and my wife...

"The Hummer H2 is a better investment than investing in the stock market."

"Hummers really retain their value. Hell, a 1999 H1 Wagon will still command $90,000 today!!!"

"You better buy now because they are only going to make the H2 for two years and that's it. Then they will stop production and start making the H3 (an H2 pickup live the Avalanche.) They want to keep the H2 as exclusive as possible."

"Hummer has stated that dealerships are not allowed to sell below MSRP. This will ensure that the H2 will ALWAYS retain its value."

etc...

*member of the "No Hummer Krew"*
Old 08-01-2003, 02:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

prplprowlr is off the scale

DCfromCAPECOD, this is just my opinion but I traded My Escalade EXT from My Hummer H2 and there is no comparision. The H2 is way better, the only think that the Escalase had that I liked was the wood steering wheel and you can buy those on ebay now for the H2's
Old 08-01-2003, 01:06 PM

Yessir - I live here in Barnstable Village.

I've got a call into the dealer asking him what the story is.

Sorry about the rain...it is supposed to be wet for the rest of the week.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

Well, I bought my H2 from a dealer that also sells GMC, Buick & Hummers. The other dealership is in Summerville, SC sells Hummers, GMC's,Buicks, Pontiacs. Love Chevrolet in Columbia, SC sells Chevys, Corvettes & Hummers. I don't think there is a set type of cars that you have to sell to carry Hummers. I would ask though if their Mechanics are certified to work on H2's. There is a another dealer here that sells Cadillacs but has a new H2 on his lot for sale but he is not an authorized service center for them. Ask him some questions and if your not comfortable go to a dealer you feel safe with.
Old 08-03-2003, 01:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

JohnnyBoy is off the scale

DRTYFN, GM Warranty is valid anywhere in North America. I get warranty work done on my GM cars when I'm in the states and friends of mine get warranty work on there GM cars when they are in Canada.
I doubt it very much that a US dealer is buying Hummers in Canada and selling them for cheaper in the US. It dosen't work that way.

==================================
'03 Hummer H2 Adv./Lux. Pkgs. Sunset Orange W/Sunroof
Air Spring Susp. Pkg. + 3rd. row seat & DVD System.
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:02 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

In general, any dealer can sell any brand, if he is well connected and equipped. All he has to do is pick up the phone and call the Lexus or MB or BMW or Hummer dealer, or look into the computer or printouts. People in the trade know each others, move around the dealerships, trade favors and attend workshops and conventions. That is common in every trade. I have in-laws who used to own several dealerships, I'd asked my bro-in-law at Lincoln about the black S500 I saw at MB lot, he called me back and told me the background details and the best price he can get on it.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:17 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

DC, I'll trade you my rental Jeep for your H2

GM primarily uses Caddy dealers for H2 sales in lieu of an established Hummer dealer or Platinum Chevy dealer.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:09 PM

austoak is off the scale

That would be great if they had a dealership around here. You never know maybe one will pop up one day. It takes me about an hour to get there. It's real easy, Rte.3 to Rte.128 to 95 South to exit 11B. Go right at end of ramp for a couple of miles it's on your left (Cadillac of Norwood) They had over 50 H-2's on the lot. I'm headed up tomorrow morning to sign all the paperwork. I'll ask the salesman if he has an e-mail address. If not you can get the e-mail address of the dealership by going on the Hummer web site and check for local dealers. You just click on it and it will take you there. GOOD LUCK!
Old 08-01-2003, 01:23 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

When the H2 first came out I saw a different brand dealership that had more H2s than the Hummer dealer. Turns out they were buying H2s cheaper in Canada and selling them here. Only problem is that the warranty is void here. Saw the same thing when PT Cruisers came out.
Old 08-03-2003, 01:27 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

The New West Ford Dealership here advertises an H2 new. I went by there to check it out and the sales guy told me it was sold.

The sales guy tried to persuade me into one of their models but I said no. TALK ABOUT BAIT AND SWITCH sales tactic!

That was last week, it's still being advertised in the paper just to lure them in.

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-01-2003, 09:09 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

If sales for 2004 stay true to form all major markets will add an extra dealership. The original dealership (GM DEALER) can add a Hummer dealer at another location or they have first right of refusal. In other words by 2005 CHEVY, PONTIAC, GMC, CADILLAC & any other GM locations will be able to handle HUMMER. Were at 160 dealers now and the goal is 425 by 2006.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

DC, I really hope not. I don't think it would be good for the Hummer image to be sold with plastic Pontiacs. GM could have set up a deal to get Hummers in the area absent of a Caddy or established Hummer dealership.
DCfromCapeCod, are you still in the Cape? We are on vacation in Chatham. A little too much rain today.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:58 PM

Would you mind making a more in-depth comparison for me between the H2 and the EXT?

I've got a call in to the nearest Hummer dealer for pricing and availability.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:23 PM

I haven't bought one yet.....I am still looking.

I had been offered a sweet deal on a Porsche Cayenne Turbo but I am going to pass.

I also am considering the Escalade EXT (something different).

The nearest Hummer dealer is 90 minutes away and that was bothering me....if I can buy and service it locally (Caddy or GM dealer) than I am going right back to a 2004 H2.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:48 PM

The local Pontiac dealer always has a few Hummers on his lot and is selling them as new...am I missing something here?

[This message was edited by DCfromCapeCod on 08-01-03 at 08:10 AM.]
Old 08-01-2003, 01:32 PM

I just called Hummer. According to them, only a licensed Hummer dealer should (key word) sell Hummers.

They indicated that another dealer can trade for them and then sell them as new.

They said that any GM dealer can do warranty work on the engine but only a Hummer dealer can do other warranty work.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

DCfromCapeCod, I will be glad to help, I will also say the differences between my escalade and the escalade ext too. I really don't know what features are important so I will just start with some things off the top of my Head. 1. Escalade and the H2 has an awesome stereo but the Ext was really dissapointing.
2. EXT did not have the room for me as a driver, I am 6' and find the H2 more roomy.
3. The back seat in EXT does not have the room that the H2 has. I know the EXT is a truck and the H2 is a suv but I only compared the back seat to be a fair comparison on room.
4. Cargo Space I like the H2 because it is easy to get items in and out. The EXT was hard to get to items due to the fact you have to drop the tailgate to reach items and them if you wanted the cargo box open it doesn't lift up you actually have to remove the panels with the tailgate down and climb in the bed of the truck.
5. Positive note on the EXT, if you carry large items and need to use a truck this will work as the H2 cannot carry long items.
6. Neat item on the EXT was the side Tool Box's I found this neat as I could put actual tools in these and not worry about getting anything dirty.
7. Don't get me wrong I had my EXT for some time and I really enjoyed it but a suv is more for me and family if you are using by yourself then you would probably like it. My father has one and he never has any passengers and needs the use of a pickup and found it suits his lifestyle. Style for a night out and a worker when he needs it.
8. My H2 has the air ride and rides just as smooth as my EXT
9. If you are you are planning to go off road any the H2 is for you.
I hope this helps, I tried to be honest in all aspects of the differences.