H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-28-2005, 03:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

I live in South Florida and one of the reasons I bought the H2 is that flooding has gotten worse every year and so have the intensity and frequency of Hurricanes. Katrina just did us a lot of damage and inconveniece, thank God my family and friends are all well. However, I could not have made it home Thursday night without my H2. I own several commercial properties and one is a Gas Station. We pretty much stay open for anything unless the power goes out and it did this time (actually still don't have power at this location). So I closed it up, and had to drive the employees home, bc the roads were already flooded and their cars would not make it through. I just bought the h2 a lil' over a month ago and it is the only vehicle I felt safe in. We left right in the middle of the eye of the Hurricane and my main concern was high wind gusts, the night was completely black with no lights working, streets were pretty empty with cars already abandoned and stranded in water and trees were down and blocking roads everywhere. With the H2 I made it through the flooded streets, over much debris and delivered 2 employees to their homes and families and made it back to mine as well. I don't recommend driving in a hurricane, it is dangerous and stupid. In this case, we didn't have a choice, it was not safe to stay in the location we were and the H2 was the only way out. I am so happy to have this new vehicle. Please pray for those in the Fl panhandle and gulf coast states, Hurricane Katrina is one nasty storm cause she moves so slow and is getting stronger and stronger. We underestimated her down here in South Florida. There are still over half-million people with out electricity tonight. I just got my internet back on now.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

I live in South Florida and one of the reasons I bought the H2 is that flooding has gotten worse every year and so have the intensity and frequency of Hurricanes. Katrina just did us a lot of damage and inconveniece, thank God my family and friends are all well. However, I could not have made it home Thursday night without my H2. I own several commercial properties and one is a Gas Station. We pretty much stay open for anything unless the power goes out and it did this time (actually still don't have power at this location). So I closed it up, and had to drive the employees home, bc the roads were already flooded and their cars would not make it through. I just bought the h2 a lil' over a month ago and it is the only vehicle I felt safe in. We left right in the middle of the eye of the Hurricane and my main concern was high wind gusts, the night was completely black with no lights working, streets were pretty empty with cars already abandoned and stranded in water and trees were down and blocking roads everywhere. With the H2 I made it through the flooded streets, over much debris and delivered 2 employees to their homes and families and made it back to mine as well. I don't recommend driving in a hurricane, it is dangerous and stupid. In this case, we didn't have a choice, it was not safe to stay in the location we were and the H2 was the only way out. I am so happy to have this new vehicle. Please pray for those in the Fl panhandle and gulf coast states, Hurricane Katrina is one nasty storm cause she moves so slow and is getting stronger and stronger. We underestimated her down here in South Florida. There are still over half-million people with out electricity tonight. I just got my internet back on now.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

Field Rat is off the scale

I am glad you are ok! With my '03 I had been through hurricanes and one tornado. It is nice to just go where ever you want without worries. My wife won't have any other vehicle because of our experiences. We currently own 2 '05 H2's. Mine is for fun, my wife swears that hers is for family survival.
Attached Images

\'05 H2 Stealth Gray SUV
Old 08-28-2005, 02:47 PM

4churchill is off the scale

Singh

Glad to hear everyone is OK!! having a HUMMER and using it in these situations should shut up those who doubt the need and or capabilities of the H2.

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 08-28-2005, 03:08 PM

Bradley is off the scale

Lucky you, Katrina hit you when it was weak. I live across Lake Pont. from new orleans and we're gonna ride out the storm. wish us luck. i have a feeling we'll need it.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

You're really staying??!? Wow!

Shower like you never have and have plenty of hot food today. Please keep us updated and take care.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bradley:
Lucky you, Katrina hit you when it was weak. I live across Lake Pont. from new orleans and we're gonna ride out the storm. wish us luck. i have a feeling we'll need it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take pictures now before everything is ruined. I think I would be headed north.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Hummer Expert

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point

I sure hope you guys in path take every precausion to stay safe.
now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't New Orleans below sea level? I thought they have some huge pump system that is supposed to kick in case of a huge flood, but do you think it can take a storm this big?
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 08-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bradley:
Lucky you, Katrina hit you when it was weak. I live across Lake Pont. from new orleans and we're gonna ride out the storm. wish us luck. i have a feeling we'll need it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LEAVE NOW, you can come back later and see the damage. I was in Miami During Andrew, North Miami. I went down to Homestead afterwards. Looked like I giant bulldozer had leveled a 1 mile wide path across Fla. I mean LEVELED, FLAT, GONE!!!

DON'T CHANCE IT LEAVE NOW.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drmiles:

Bradley

LEAVE NOW, you can come back later and see the damage. I was in Miami During Andrew, North Miami. I went down to Homestead afterwards. Looked like I giant bulldozer had leveled a 1 mile wide path across Fla. I mean LEVELED, FLAT, GONE!!!

DON'T CHANCE IT LEAVE NOW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drmiles:

Bradley

LEAVE NOW, you can come back later and see the damage. I was in Miami During Andrew, North Miami. I went down to Homestead afterwards. Looked like I giant bulldozer had leveled a 5 mile wide path across Fla. I mean LEVELED, FLAT, GONE, NOTHING LEFT BUT DEBRI!!!

DON'T CHANCE IT LEAVE NOW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-28-2005, 07:48 PM

Bradley is off the scale

Well im 30 miles north of NO, and am I live in a recently-built, raised 3 story house. I am ~20 feet above sea level on my first floor, but NO is supposed to be 20-30 feet underwater tomorrow. I'm shutting down my comp now cuz the rain is starting to come, and I'll post how we fared when I can.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:03 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Jerry, if I remember correctly, Bradley is a teenager.

He apparently lives on the North Shore, Mandeville/Covington area. Storm surge isn't as big an issue where he is.

Bradley, you guys hunker down in the morning because the winds will be going pretty good where you are.

Yetti, NO has a pumping system but it doesn't keep up even in strong thunderstorms. A couple inches of rain can tax the pumping system. It is not designed anywhere near to handle a direct hit from a hurricane and especially not one of this size and magnitude. I wouldn't be surprised to see 20ft of water standing in the French Quarter and deeper in other parts.

You'll see some floating caskets and the worse thing is that sewage and debris will mix with the water and the city will be inhabitable for months. Can you say disease infested?
Old 08-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

Bradley, seriously, get out with your family. This is an angry storm and I have been through plenty. Just look at it like a vacation for a couple of days and come clean-up after the power comes back on.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Hummer Expert

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can you say disease infested? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

at least the rats and snakes will have something to do....like eat each other!
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 08-29-2005, 01:24 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Actually if I remember right allot of New Orleans is below sea level and they do have huge pumps.

TAZ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yetti:
I sure hope you guys in path take every precausion to stay safe.
now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't New Orleans below sea level? I thought they have some huge pump system that is supposed to kick in case of a huge flood, but do you think it can take a storm this big? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges