H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2005, 03:44 PM

IronMedic is off the scale

hey guys, i am looking to trade my 2005 WRX for an 06 hummer H3. i used to own a 98 Expedition so big trucks are my norm. I have been lurking around here gathering information and it seems like this is a great buy. i have always wanted a hummer but didnt want to pay the big price. I live here in the northwest and owning one would come in handy. i am more of an adventurous person anyways. I just went through a divorce and it sucks. since i am single again, i want to get something that has my name on it and comes in handy. i bought my 05 WRX cuz it had a balance between small family and fun (turbo). since we are split and done, i dont need that. i want to go back to my roots: trucks and outdoors!
just a few questions!

1. how does the insurance look for one of these? i feel it shouldnt be too expensive considering how big it is and it is only an I-5. i am in WA so i am not sure how much the insurance could run. (i will make some inquiries soon)

2. Gas? i know this gets asked alot so i will keep researching. on my 98 Expo, i got around 350 miles to a whole tank of gas with 75% freeway time and 25% local streets. i read that this thing will do around the same, if not more. what octane do u guys normally use? i am looking to stick with 91 octane but if i can save a few bucks, maybe 89. opinions?

3. for the guys: does this truck attract chicks? haha! the only reason i ask is cuz not everyone owns a hummer. i figure if they see it (and not know much about it), they will think u are rich and want a piece of u LOL!

well guys, good luck and i hope to join the community soon!