H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

dallas007 is on a distinguished road
Default I "tried" to buy two Hummers from Lynch Hummer and failed.

I was not going to post anything on this but after sharing my story with friends and family, I changed my mind as it may help someone else in the future.

Just before Thanksgiving I found a 2008 H2 on the website at Lynch Hummer in St. Louis. I called and spoke to the salesman and we agreed on a price and the details of the purchase. Since I am about 2,000 miles away I asked him about he condition as this was a concern. He told me other than some brown rust type stain on the front near the skid pan it was perfect. I could see this brown rust stain on the photos so knew it was an issue. He told me he would have service look at it and get it taken care of. I waited a day and called again, I was told service was really backed up but it would be the next day and he would call me back. I waited three days and called the salesman. He told me he sold the vehicle. No apology, no reason, nothing more than he sold the vehicle out from under me. I was shocked and told him we had a deal etc. I contacted Jim Lynch and explained what happend and he was very kind and apologized.

I should have learned my lesson but I thought why punish myself and Lynch just because one salesman did not care about customer service. So shortly thereafter I saw another 2008 H2 with 2,200 miles on the website. I contacted the sales manager as Mr. Lynch had told me to deal with this gentleman (since I lost confidence in the first salesman). Soon again we agreed on a price etc. I had asked for some more photos of the vehicle as there were not any on the website. The manager told me this was in great shape and no problems. I waited a couple of days and never got the photos so I called the dealership. I was told this manager no longer worked there. Again, I should have listened to my gut and backed away, as had I not called I have no idea who would have even known about my deal and the details.

But I wanted a H2, so I put aside my worries and called the dealership and asked who was taking over for this departed manager and was given a name. I contacted this gentleman and explained the previous deal and experience. He said he would have all the paperwork ready to go. I again asked about the condition of the vehicle as I was 2,000 miles away and no photos to see. He assured me this was a great vehicle as "how could it not be with just over 2,000 mile on the odometer"?

So the time came and I drove from Phoenix to St Louis to get my H2. This was Christmas week and I had my paperwork and check all ready to go. My wife and I arrived at Lynch and the new manager showed us the H2. As we walked up to the vehicle I could see a scratch in the hood that was over a foot long. We looked at the drivers door and it had a dent and large crease in the door. The manager said he was "just the middle man" several times when I asked why no one told us about the damage or had it repaired? Needless to say we were just sick and could not beleive it. I also found the front suspension to be suffering from extreme corrosion damage. I have lived in the Chicago for 45 years of my life and I know corrosion is a problem. I also owned a new 2004 H2 and even after several years in salt it never looked anything like this 2008 H2 with just over 2,000 miles on it.

The manager said I could bring the H2 back to Phoenix and have the damage repaired and send him the bill. While I appreciated the offer, we believed this vehicle should not have damage in the first place, especially when so many told us it was in perfect shape. We just felt totally let down and that no one really cared about all we went through on these two deals.

So when I read about how tough the H2 market is, I have to wonder what happend to us? We were cash paying quality customers that drove almost 4,000 miles and spent money on motels, gas and food all because no one at Lynch seemed to be too concerned about this "deal". I have given up on Lynch and while they were nice when we purchased our new 2004 H2, they really let us down on this. I can't afford to take a chance on them again.