H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-02-2003, 10:53 PM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

All the more reason for wheeling on private land....keeps know-it-all's in rice burners from dictating where you can't go, and you get to trample all the cactus you want - they grow back!

That would be something for investment, and having a pay for play area keeps dollars where they should be rather than in the pockets of those who misuse the land and allow for overgrowth to cause wildfires, destroying more habitat than a few treadmarks ever will.

The "forestry service" has caused more damage than they will ever protect by not allowing clearing of dense forest areas and cost more public dollars when they have to fight fires or someone's livlihood is burned to a crisp.

Honestly, I see more of the rover and rice burner crowd blazing their own trails, marking trails, and thrashing public lands than any of the H2 owners on this forum.

Check out the OkC Chapter Page!
Old 10-02-2003, 11:13 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RasterMaster:
All the more reason for wheeling on private land....keeps know-it-all's in rice burners from dictating where you can't go, and you get to trample all the cactus you want - they grow back!

That would be something for investment, and having a pay for play area keeps dollars where they should be rather than in the pockets of those who misuse the land and allow for overgrowth to cause wildfires, destroying more habitat than a few treadmarks ever will.

The "forestry service" has caused more damage than they will ever protect by not allowing clearing of dense forest areas and cost more public dollars when they have to fight fires or someone's livlihood is burned to a crisp.

Honestly, I see more of the rover and rice burner crowd blazing their own trails, marking trails, and thrashing public lands than any of the H2 owners on this forum.

Check out the OkC Chapter Page!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey! Food for thought! I never thought of it that way. Also, H2 has been around only for a few years.

These guys complain that H2`s are mall runners that CAN`T off road. Yet we are at the center of anti-SUV attacks reasons from A to Z? Attacks from off-roaders(not all ) and elvish freaks. From all sides!I feel so alone and naked . Oh hey, I am naked .!!!

Regardless, Dave has a valid gripe. Unlike others, I think he is directing the message to all, not just the H2 group.

I like rice...You got something against rice?

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 10-02-2003, 11:20 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

JRT,

Good point. Just so ya know....I sat atop that hill (White Mountain) and guided my group into individual spots (tight pack so that there's lot of room and nobody has to go off the trail). Along came a pack of Jeepers and we shuffled around to accomodate them.

That H1 sitting on the bush was a result of that shuffling....but I want you to know it was promptly moved not long after that pic was taken. We do tread lightly....AND we make it a policy to pack out not only our trash, but any trash we find along the way!

On another note....HOW DARE YOU NOT JOIN US. Drop me an email and let's hook you up!
Old 10-03-2003, 12:28 AM

JRT is off the scale

The ego-centric is something I picked up here, reading posts by your brethern.

And, I think its been picked up on that I'm not singleing out any individual group. The greenies will you use anything we say or display againist us, regardless of the context. You could post a pic of 3 Hummers winching a school bus full of kids off a cliff, and some ******* will crop the bus out and complain that you're parked on a rare weed.

you get my point and thanks.

d
Old 10-03-2003, 03:01 AM

RockYoda is off the scale

I have the Pirates of the Rubicon Video. They are all on the designated trails. No where in that video are they every off the trail. The part of them roasting the tires on the slab is just for show, nothing more. He could have made it up that hill no problem. He was just showing off, no harm no foul. Also flpping ones truck over is just part of the fun. We build our trucks to take the extream abuse. We do it because we can. We push our creations to very edge and then push it over. We go until we can't go no more. Then we bring it home and rebuild it, make it better. Then go out and flop it again. In the video they were treading lighly. They did not blaze new trails nor did they disrupt anything other than some dirt. The eco-nazies can't point out anything in that video execpt that they are loud and abit scary.. but hey thats the American way!

People who build their trucks from the gound up have a little diffrent mentality than people like here on this board. I am not saying one is better than the other just diffrent (ok complety opposite).

We as an off-road community are one in the same. We all suffer or we all benifit from one another. We all have to remember that what we do can affect the whole community. Maybe POR video there was some questionable stuff. I personally enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one!
Old 10-03-2003, 03:13 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>People who build their trucks from the gound up have a little diffrent mentality than people like here on this board. I am not saying one is better than the other just diffrent (ok complety opposite).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rock,

A small correction. Most of the Forum members here are ex-HEEPERS and ex-YODAS (including myself. 8 wonderful Jeep years).

Not "Different" mentality.....EVOLVED

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 10-03-2003, 04:25 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RockYoda:
Also flpping ones truck over is just part of the fun. We build our trucks to take the extream abuse. We do it because we can.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah...sometimes when I'm bored I go outside and roll the H2 over on it's side....really gives a great access to work on cleaning the underside.

Just playin' with ya Frank....
Old 10-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

The super adventure package should have a removable steering wheel that can be installed front or back and wheels on top so when you roll over you just right yourself and keep driving. Wow, maybe the next Humvee.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:18 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye Hummer:
Dan,

This guy had some kind of storage in a metal box on top of his H2. It does kind of look like a mattress from above. I couldn't figure out why he came with it. It scraped on every overhanging limb over the trail. I don't like storing cargo on top as I want to keep the center lower on the vehicle (I'm directly behind him in the Pewter H2 with the hatch open.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, I see. I was starting to think maybe that was Art Linkletter's H2, with a Craftmatic bed on top.

- Dan

-------------------------------------------------
SUT on order 12/02. 10 months down, 8 to go!
Old 10-03-2003, 07:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

Ted is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RasterMaster:
Check out the OkC Chapter Page!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn’t blame the Forest Serve for all of the bad the land use policies. A lot of the policy decisions come from in side the beltway. Any change in policy gets mired in lawsuits from different special interest groups. Bush wants to allow for more thinning operations in the National Forests. Lets see how far he gets.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:14 AM

Stev, its very easy to change the radiator fluid when its on its top too. When you don't have to worry about body work (or driving it to work for that matter) you tend to take the "Crazy" lines up the trail. Its alot of fun when you really don't care what you do to your truck, because you know you can always rebuild it. The one thing that really sucks is that my wife won't ride in it anymore. She doesn't like all the stares from people and she is affraid that something is going to fall off and hit somebody behind us (like the bed of the truck or something small like that) lol
Old 10-04-2003, 03:28 AM

JRT is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The one thing that really sucks is that my wife won't ride in it anymore. She doesn't like all the stares from people and she is affraid that something is going to fall off and hit somebody behind us <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not only does my wife still dig riding in my rig, she married me on top of Jack Hammer. Some of you Hummer guys may have heard of that trail
Old 10-04-2003, 03:30 AM

JRT is off the scale

Old 10-04-2003, 04:13 AM

Although i was not at your wedding i was at the 4-runner Jamboree the next day. I thought it was VERY cool of you guys to get married up there! If only i could have talked my wife into something like that!

This is what off-roading or 4wheeling is all about! Enjoying the out doors and the enviroment like few people can! We need to all stick toghter so we all can enjoy it!
Old 10-04-2003, 10:03 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

CONGRATS!!! ... and just as innocent observation:

- Dan

SUT on order 12/02. 10 months down, 8 to go!