H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-26-2005, 02:36 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I think as KENP and others that know what I'm about to say is I have more thrill and speed in My H2 than some Vette's I have been in. Especially MY cousins 2006 Vette that I teased about giving Him a scare. He wiped the grin and stopped rolling His eyes after all He saw were My taillights in 1/4 and 0 to 60. I told Him I would go 0 to 100 if He wanted more time to try and catch up. He did not have the engine upgrade but, hey a vette is a vette supposedly. I Love Them. It was not fair though He was stock and I was so far from stock You could not look back an see it anymore. I would need Vette for the handling not the speed.
Christa a crouch rocket is a High performance motorcycle. Rice rocket is a tuner or High perf. used to be foreign cars but, now cobalt's and other american made rides are getting there and doing very good in the arena. Go USA!!
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 07-26-2005, 05:10 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
I would die in a 'vette. No way I'd buy one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But can you imagine how great it would be to go out in this?
BTW, you guys know by now that Humgirl is jerking everyones' chains with these ridiculous topics, right? Can you say troll?
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Christa:
Nothing against any Vette owners out there, but whenever I think of the Vette I picture a slightly paunchy mid-life crisis in a polyester shirt unbuttoned down to show off his grotesquely hairy chest and gold chains rockin out to Air Supply! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks alot!
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Remember when Hummer Man came on and did the samething over and over? Stupid topics, just like these. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> BTW, you guys know by now that Humgirl is jerking everyones' chains with these ridiculous topics, right? Can you say troll?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 07-26-2005, 01:51 PM

twinsdad is off the scale

hello, well I own a 2003 H2, and a 2000 C5 Corvette. Two different beasts to say the least, both fun, and one can get into most garages were the other cant. The difference is when someone is tail gating me in the C5 I hit the after burners and leave them, and when someone tailgates me in the H2 I just slam on the brakes and watch them scream.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

[quote]Originally posted by HUMMERcustoms/TAZ:

Christa a crouch rocket is a High performance motorcycle.
TAZ[/QUOTE

Taz, I know that, It's just that I don't own a bike and I like to say "crotch rocket" whenever I can!

Sorry Klaus, was just joshin Actually I think the new Vettes are gorgeous and I believe only Greg Brady would dress that way!! ( I hope!)
69 Chevelle SS
Old 07-27-2005, 12:05 AM

ARH1956 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMERcustoms/TAZ:
I had the choice of new toys and went H2. Hot roads not sports cars have always been My thing anyways, so i wanted something more different. People do not get out of the way of Vette's like they do H2's and My cousin who just got a new 2006 Vette without engine upgrade, after riding with Me and seeing that there is so much more to do to the H2 than the Vette wishes He had gone H2. Especailly after My highly blown H2 blew His butt of the road out on the old Scott hiway racing road from the old days. I suggested I may give Him a scare and He rolled His eyes so after We took of all He saw was My tailights and now He is really unhapppy and talking trading if I'll help Him build His H2. Of course I will, He's My favorite cousin.
TAZ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You must have a magical H2. Even with Lingenfelter's 700 HP, 520+ @ the wheels, TT package on an H2 it's no match for a stock C6. Of course your cousin could be a completely inept driver. While I love my H2 there is no way to make it a straight line performance match for even my M3, forget about my Z06, LOL.
BTW, all C6's come with the 400 HP engine stock, no upgrade is needed to turn 12.5 - 12.7's 1/4's & sub 4 second 0-60's.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

Petey is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
I am sorry but that is a no brainer. The vette just doesn't have the ground clearance and will probably get hung up easily on the rocks. Also, it needs at least a solid rear axle to be a serious off-roader and the vette's 4wd system leaves a lot to be desired. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would've said solid front axle as well, but whatever.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

Petey is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Also, it needs at least a solid rear axle to be a serious off-roader and the vette's 4wd system leaves a lot to be desired. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was gonna say a solid front axle too, but hey, whatever.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:08 PM

ARH1956 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Petey:
Also, it needs at least a solid rear axle to be a serious off-roader and the vette's 4wd system leaves a lot to be desired. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was gonna say a solid front axle too, but hey, whatever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Could you say that again Petey? Maybe with a third portion of the same quote, thanks, LOL.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

Petey is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Also, it needs at least a solid rear axle to be a serious off-roader and the vette's 4wd system leaves a lot to be desired. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have said a solid front axle too, but hey, whatever.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Hummer Authority

AR You are correct with Your premise. But, As I mentioned I'm far from stock and a touch better than LPE. There are just those rides that You come across once maybe twice in a life time that the engine, tranny and everything just clicks perfect. LPE would do much better with there TT but, like anyone who sells to the public even performance they are warranting their product so they attach some boat anchors to help people not break them so they do not have warranty to worry with. Plus they do not want folks to get hurt. KenP has a very nice running setup but, when He is done with His adjustments he is so going to be much happier. There are many little tricks You can perform as KenP and I are working on. Ice down the fuel line and run water/methanol inj. As I love LPE and have great respect for them in fact may be getting some special heads from them that they do not even list for sale, as a sponsor if We can work it out, if not I'll buy them as they will flow allot more air and not raise compression any. If You do allot of things write even 7000 lbs. will move and the nice thing is the whole shot. I punch it and I'm gone. Most like My cousin spin the tires accumulating plenty of smoke while I'm half way done the 1/4 before he hooks up. Do a search for KenP's track run against a Ford F-150 Lighting. Should be no way an H2 should beat that truck period. No logical way except how eveything hooks up. I tell My friends about Ken's run and they all think I'm nuts until they see it for themselves. I have it on My laptop so I can back up what i tell them about. I'm picky that way. Once everything is done and tuning is complete and heads are on I'll show more probably race it at Centerville Raceway. My tuning will be so tight that I do 100 miles of scanning and logging on the software before i edit and make changes. The tuning software will be running full time once the PC system is installed in H2 so that everytime the rig fires up the PC boots and the tuning software loads right after OS so that anytime I want to stop and load to edit i can fine tune it some more. I'll have 3 tunes saved so i can change anytime i want. Race, street perf., economy, and stock. We are also going to work very slowly on tuning for 87 octane and see what We can get to do with that even with boost. May require more cooling like engine oil cooler etc. to prevent detonation but, will be interesting to see. We are building an intake scoop to take in more fresh air and a baffle on the other side that will allow cold air to flow across and creat a vacumm effect to draw more heat out of the engine compartment. Beat heat and You win allot of the power battles.
Well as usaually I rattle to much but, thanks to all who have accepted and tolerate.

Yes I have a magical H2 that has had allot of planning and hard work put into it. It will run as good as it looks. I'll have pics and video's when all is done. It is real nice with ghost flames and completely sanded with Sikkens new clear coat, since they are My paint sponsor now, that make you look like You can put Your arm to Your elbow in paint once finished. Their clear is equal to about 5 coats of factory. Really nice product.
It is not ordinary but, has been expensive as well as fun. She has been good medicine to help me through the illness i had and became a challenge after that.
TAZ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ARH1956:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMERcustoms/TAZ:
I had the choice of new toys and went H2. Hot roads not sports cars have always been My thing anyways, so i wanted something more different. People do not get out of the way of Vette's like they do H2's and My cousin who just got a new 2006 Vette without engine upgrade, after riding with Me and seeing that there is so much more to do to the H2 than the Vette wishes He had gone H2. Especailly after My highly blown H2 blew His butt of the road out on the old Scott hiway racing road from the old days. I suggested I may give Him a scare and He rolled His eyes so after We took of all He saw was My tailights and now He is really unhapppy and talking trading if I'll help Him build His H2. Of course I will, He's My favorite cousin.
TAZ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You must have a magical H2. Even with Lingenfelter's 700 HP, 520+ @ the wheels, TT package on an H2 it's no match for a stock C6. Of course your cousin could be a completely inept driver. While I love my H2 there is no way to make it a straight line performance match for even my M3, forget about my Z06, LOL.
BTW, all C6's come with the 400 HP engine stock, no upgrade is needed to turn 12.5 - 12.7's 1/4's & sub 4 second 0-60's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 07-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Hummer Authority

Oh I forgot, Predator and Fox racing has an H1 with diesel that has nocked off a Vette easily already and gunning for I think it is the Ferrari 360. Nothing special except 6.6 turbo with supper good tuning and power to pavement hook up. have lightened it upthogh. A few extra things but run 800Hp at the crank if I remember right. I forget the torque. The have started the fastest hummer challenge and I have mentioned on this forum I'm getting in on it not with present rig but, one from ground up,if i can get sponsor's and team mates to join in.
TAZ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ARH1956:
BTW, all C6's come with the 400 HP engine stock, no upgrade is needed to turn 12.5 - 12.7's 1/4's & sub 4 second 0-60's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 07-29-2005, 12:44 PM
Hummer Authority

Klaus
I got to go to the Corvette Museum last Labor Day while they had the annual homecomng. It was a great site to see. Went through the Museum and it was unbelievable all the types and looks of Vettes. It was one of the best gatherings i have ever seen. Our hotel was packed in the parking lot and you could just go out and walk around with your jaw dragging on the ground.
TAZ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Christa:
Nothing against any Vette owners out there, but whenever I think of the Vette I picture a slightly paunchy mid-life crisis in a polyester shirt unbuttoned down to show off his grotesquely hairy chest and gold chains rockin out to Air Supply! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks alot! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 07-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

TAZ,

Yep, I've done a couple of Labor Days at the Museum. As a matter of fact, I'm a "Founding Member" of the museum.

Now that I once again own a Vette, we plan to cruise up to the museum this labor day. I've been working on the Vette to get it ready (tires, brakes, etc.)

More later...
Old 07-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Taz,

I was just going through some of the old threads about the H2 vs Lightning and saw that you used to drive for Keystone out of KC MO. What class did you run? My uncle ran Top Alcohol Funny Car and Dragster for many years out of KC MO.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Hummer Authority

I ran back in mid 70's. I drove My 68 Mustang Coupe with one of 2 of the last 289 HP blocks made before Gapp and Rousch left Ford. I paid $500 for the block which is like $5000 now.
I was working in the warehouse and going to school and they got to hearing about Me pink slipping over in Olathe, Kansas. It is how I paid for colleg etc. I never lost a race. Anyway they heard and called me in the office and I thought I was in trouble but, to My surprise they had been out on a few Weds. night grudge race night. You just get in a line and hand the guy .25 and run whoever You lined up with. You ran till later they let you get with people as the slower guys got weeded out. I was beating everyone so all the Mustangs started lining up where they could get a shot. I had gone to watch and did not uncap My headers or put on my Mickey wrinkle walls. I had them in the trunk. It was for fun so I was not going through the trouble. I got through everyone and there was a camaro that came in on a trailer 454 with a blower. He came up last and asked to run. We lined up, he was so loud i could not hear My engine so i just hooked up the line lock at redline and let it go. i ran a Mr. Gasket inline shifter. the kind where you did not shift really you just clicked it up for the next gear and click it down to shift down. no skipping gears. it was a pain on the street. it had a T handle You lifted up to get into reverse. Well the way i raced i never used clutch anyway except at line and when the gas pedal hit the floor it stayed and never came up. Well to learn to not have to change syncro's so much I just learned to shift it fast enough without clutch which saved time and kept drive train hooked up all the time. Anyway I got Him so far off the line I beat him but, He was gaining the whole time. i beat Him by 1/3 of car length if that much on a 1/8 mile track. if it had been a 1/4 mile He would have got me for sure.

Keystone was there and came and asked what i was running and how I was setup so they asked would i run My car for them and sponsor me. They took Me as far off as Beeline Dragway in Phoenix, AZ. had allot of fun. Just a kid did not know what I was doing really. Just had the nack for building a good motor and tranny match. I was running 289HP ported, balanced, blueprinted and polished. Heads had oversize chevy valves. Tunnel Ram with 2-700 Holley double pumpers. Bullet proof T-10 top loader tranny. It was always My favorite as it was so easy to tear down and go back together. I could do it at the track easily if need be. i ran roller cam and rockers by Crane Cam what ever Keystone carried. But, as i mentioned You are lucky if you ever get one or two engines where everything just goes right now matter what. That is the way it was with the Mustang coupe. No matter what i changed on it the motor would just run. I tried Automatic for a little while and Keystone told me to go back to T-10. they said I was the only kid they had seen that could shift faster than an automatic. the only other guy that told me that was an older guy here in Arkansas that taught me to build the T-10's. he told me it would be a mistake if I ever shifted anything else. I ran 4.56 detroit lockers, safey blanket over flywheel and tranny. had engine chained down as We could not keep motor mounts in it. The oddest thing is that i worked for My grand Dad on the farm off and on in Arkansas and I could not keep clutches in stang for anything. We were working on, the Iron Horse is the name We gave it, out in the shed and I had the pilot shaft in my had walking back from cleaning it up and We had taken down a John Deere 4020 earlier in the day to put a clutch in it. I looked and did a double take and the JD clutch measured around 10" just like the stang been awhile kind of hard to remember but, the were the same. I yelled at the guys and thinking no way there could be a chance the splines were the same and I walked up and stuck the pilot shaft in the clutch and no more clutch problems from that day on. funny how You just luck onto things. anyway i told keystone about all this stuff and of course more like Accel dual point distributor, coil, etc.
Headers well you know what all goes on. But, I got the priveledge of running it for keystone for a few seasons and them paying the bills in modified stock as i drove it to class every day. When i would go through sonic on the concrete i let it idle through and on each lob it chirped the tires. it was funny to watch peoples faces.
Well it was along time ago but, good memories. would have kept the care but, got married and thougth the car was not important anymore. Boy was that a mistake letting the car get away. Had several chances for a few years to get it back but did not have the money. Friends ask why I do not go out and buy another and my response is when you had that one ride that was that perfect, everything else as far as mustang would never be quite right so i never tried to replace it.
Oh and I did get to run as the back up driver to rail driver. I did not get to drive it in a race but, got to practice. man if You have never let one of those babies go down the track at 230 and 250 MPH it is something You cannot imagne. Just the tinest flick of the steering wheel and You were off across the guard rails if you did not disentegrate first on contact. When they were first letting me try and drive i did not worry much with the speed and shifting as it usually was just 2 levers or gears. they would have Me hold the steering wheel in My hands and between My knees at just Oh say coast so i could see how much a twitch of the wheel meant in feet to the front end car. It did not take but, once to see that if You had an itch leave it alone cause You would die scratching it.
Well brought back allot of good memories. I really made a mistake I guess by not pursueing the life of a driver. I was suited for it and loved but, young and thought the woman was worth more than any of that stuff. Do not know if it was or not it just turned out the way it turned out. so you go with the flow.
TAZ
Old 07-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Hummer Authority

Klaus that trip really got the juices flowing seeing all those beauties everywhere.
TAZ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaus:
TAZ,

Yep, I've done a couple of Labor Days at the Museum. As a matter of fact, I'm a "Founding Member" of the museum.

Now that I once again own a Vette, we plan to cruise up to the museum this labor day. I've been working on the Vette to get it ready (tires, brakes, etc.)

More later... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 07-29-2005, 06:53 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Taz,

Great memories. That does suck about letting that perfect ride go but at least you had it at one time and sounds like your H2 isn't far off. So Olathe was the place to race at the point? My uncle, R J Smith, was racing at that time. Don't know for sure what class he started in but over the years worked his way up. Ended up #9 in the world for Top Alcohol Dragster in one of his final years racing, early to mid '90s if I recall correctly. It was always a hobby and not a carrier for him but he sure sunk a ton of money into it and loved every minute of it. Really became a family thing, his wife was the team manager and his boys eventually became part of the crew as they got older. As I recall he did have Hoosier sponsoring him with tires and Castrol sponsoring him with oil. Never raced myself, but it sure was a great time going to KCIR or the new track in Topeka and being right there in the middle of it all. Where did you go to school in KC?

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Taz, that was good readin mahn! Could almost hear the ROAR and smell the fumes... Thanks!