H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Superman:
Towing a heavy trailer will eat through a limited slip as fast as anything you can do. The weight distributing hitch takes the weight off the axle where as the air suspension just compensates with stiffness. I would use the weight dist setup every time if you ever plan to wheel that thing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Super,

We may disagree with the Rubicon and the H2 , but word for word, that's exactly what the guys at GM told me in regards to towing my boat.

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-29-2005, 09:49 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DennisAJC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Superman:
Towing a heavy trailer will eat through a limited slip as fast as anything you can do. The weight distributing hitch takes the weight off the axle where as the air suspension just compensates with stiffness. I would use the weight dist setup every time if you ever plan to wheel that thing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Super,

We may disagree with the Rubicon and the H2 , but word for word, that's exactly what the guys at GM told me in regards to towing my boat. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Awww! Dennis, shut up. A boat hardly has the tongue weight to even matter....nice try though.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:59 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PARAGON:
Awww! Dennis, shut up. A boat hardly has the tongue weight to even matter....nice try though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just stating what the pros have told me. Obviously Super is correct on the issue.

As to my boat, I figured you knew with all your infinite sluething techniques what kind of boat I have.

It would be grossly misleading of you to say tongue weight doesn't matter.

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-29-2005, 10:04 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Now that paragon and dennis have shown there difference with supermans comment , i'd like to agree too. I think if you have the air suspension you can leave your weight transfer bars home. As long as you are hauling reasonbly in the h2's gcvw . I am in the heavy hauling business , and occasionally we haul skid steers and mini excavators. So instead of taking a tractor and lowbed I will take a pickup or the h2 with the small equipment trailer. I would rather use the h2 if wifey isnt gone with it , because it kicks ass on my pickup which is a chevy 2500HD. The h2 handles the weight excellent and rides like a charm, I couldnt believe it and never thought of the air suspension as anything valuable until i hauled our 32' camper one weekend and noticed it towed it twice as good as my pickup which i had used to bring the camper home from the dealership and was riding about dead x. Since that weekend i have used the h2 to haul all kinds of stuff and the air suspension is the cats ass. They should offer it in the HD model pickups. Doug
Old 01-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Hummer Messiah

Dug,

Bottom line is, I never take solid advice from anyone on the internet. Usually I'll go to the pros. GM service department made the same recomendations as Super only because the word, "WARRANTY" was involved.I have this thing with saying,"Will it be covered under warranty?" I'll listen to the pros. It's unfortunate that Super was correct.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>A boat hardly has the tongue weight to even matter <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, it matters.
Attached Images

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-29-2005, 10:18 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

Ok heres the way it is.

I purchased Cedar Creak 27LRS Weight 6500 - 7500 depending on whether you believe the sticker in the trailer or the brochure.

Any way pulling on flat ground at 65mph no problem 3rd gear 2500rpm no strain.
Pulling on slight incline only able to maintain 60mph and not downshift to 2nd gear. Over passes able to maintain 50mph any faster and the tranny downshifts to 2nd and 4000rpm. (note I have 38" tires which steals some of my torque)

The equilizer hitch did help, if you load the rear end with the door open the air bags want inflate and you can adjust so that there is less weight on the tongue. (you can over tighten and lift the rear of the hummer which resulted in a bouncy ride.) I choose to use the equilizer hitch because the torsion bars reacts to the bumps in the road faster than the air bags can inflate and deflate, also reducing the work on the compressor

Will keep yall updated, have another trip planned superbowl weekend (yuk! hope the TV reception is good in Huntsville) Pics to follow camera suffered a fall and no longer works.

Jerry

PS any Suggestion as to where I can get a supercharger installed in Houston, TX
Old 01-29-2005, 10:22 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Dennis,

Ok, I looked up your boat and trailer. The pic was hard to come by but I finally found it.
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Hummer Messiah

LOL, nice try Paragon.

Hey, nobody is perfect. We're all wrong from time to time.

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Dennis - I noticed your from B.C. . Have you ever seen or heard of this company or seen there two wheel drive trail bike?
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2005, 10:44 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Dennis this is the bike . The one on the left 1970'ish.
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2005, 11:05 PM
Hummer Messiah

Dug,

Are those the 2 wheel drive bikes? I've seen one or two but I never knew it was made here.
Are we neighbours?

Got any action pics?

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-29-2005, 11:18 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Dennis-
no were not neighbors , i live in northeast united states . In Maine . The trail bike on the right is a Rokon they are made in New Hampshire , U.S.A.. And the yellow bike on the left is a "Trail Partner" they were made in B.C around 1969-70 era. I have three of those trail partners from B.C and have never seen anymore and cant find anyone that has ever heard of them. I have started a small business out of a hobby for these two wheel drive bikes . I have copied some of the features of the trail partner and are just getting some frames built now . I will be selling them in the summer of 05. They will compete with the rokon company. Seeing you were from B.C. , i thought maybe you might have heard of the company that made them or seen one by chance.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

action pic-
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Hummer Messiah

Sweet!

Give me a PM if you need me to dig around for some info.

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

action pic. [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Doug\My Documents\My Pictures\rokon lunch[/IMG]
Old 01-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

computers suck
Old 01-30-2005, 12:59 AM
Hummer Expert

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point

those are some neat old bikes. do you have any pic's of the other two you have.
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 01-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Yes- i'll find some pics of the other 2 bikes. The pic of the wheelie isnt me , its the person i bought them from . The second bike is stripped down and at a fabrication shop here in town . They are the ones building my frame for the new bikes i'm building. These bikes came in 3x3 version also, they had three tires in a row , all that drove and they had a three wheel drive atc style also . Heres the three in a row pic. and i'll post the atc pic later when i take one of it. Doug
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2005, 01:06 PM
Hummer Expert

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point

That is the crazest trike I have ever seen.
If it could float it would like half an Argo.
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 01-30-2005, 01:10 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

That three wheeled bike is cool. What a pig! Must be fun in tight turns .

Oh, BTW, looks like your thread got hi-jacked . Beware of the thread pirates!!