H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Hummer Expert

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point

Its kind'a funny that the Jeep folks drove/drive those shoe box Cherokee's for all those years till Liberty came out. now they are jealous of the H2's ability and style. the people of China still have the old Cherokee, and they Dimler folks just gave it a new grill.
As for H3, I think they will do well, and have a great deal of sales here. There are military folks who loved the H1 & H2 who could only hope to afford one. now with the H3 it will be easy for them.

so don't knock it till you try it.

Ps, I'm off to the auto show!
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 01-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

A LOT OF GOOD OPINIONS HERE. HERE IS MY OPINION.
GM CANNOT AFFORD TO LET THIS FAIL. THEY HAVE A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO STUDY STUFF LIKE THIS FOR A LIVING. THE H3 WILL SELL MORE THAN THE H2. NOT TO H2 OWNERS, BUT TO AN ENTIRELY NEW MARKET OF PEOPLE. I GUESS WE'LL SEE WITHIN 6 MONTHS THOUGH.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Well this is definetly going to be interestng to set back and watch. I actually have not talked to anyone that is not a Hummer owner to get an idea of what they think on H3. I know when last May I decided to get My first H2 I seriuoly sat down and looked at the other top end SUV's and they were so close if You call $10,000 close but, so close that I thought if I'm spending that kind of money I'm getting My dream RIG from the first time I ever saw it. I went down and paid the man took My 2005 H2 Stealth Gray Dream Rig home. When I drive around and yes I'm blinged and see the other High end Suv's they just do not look as good and the people I know that own them tell Me they do not get looks or waves. I get waves and hi's great looking H2 etc. have had one birdie fly by but she was a teen in a car load of teens that were envious after leaving a boxing match and they were all excited full of well energy lets say.
What I'm thinking is if what My dealer told Me is true to get an H3 loaded out is going to be $39,000 to $44,000 almost same situation I was looking at I would spend more and get H2. Dealers are cutting deals on H2 and on a brand new line I do not see alot of cutting unless 6 months after release they have alot still setting around. It really is a crap shoot right now until they start to promote it.
It is like in a post above. The H3 is the H2 little brother and I've thought about it and I'm going to welcome them and be the Big Brother cause after all they will always be the little brother and wishing they were the Big Brother. If they talk smack Big Brothers usually win the fight and little brother just gets smacked around and remembers why they wish they were the Big Brother.
It will most definetly be interestng to see what happens. I hope they sell well cause if it is a failure I'm worried what it will do to the Hummer name and possibly the availability of H2's in the future if lack of sales rips GM a big new one if H3 does not sale could it hurt H2 production.
Here the SUT is flopping. In a rural area like mine they can not carry enough to be a truck is what some are telling Me and they are going on and buying full size truck to work out of and with 4 doors they can put family in and go. It is losing to much interior by making a truck bed and to drive around with family they would rather have Full size SUV. I was at Dealer recently and am friends with a one of the Assitant Ser. Mang. and he said the SUT's are just stacking up over there on the other side of the lot. When I hear that it worries Me now they put out to 2 new gambles rolling the dice so close together with SUT and H3 if it goes bad agian the Hummer name and Gm's pocket book will hurt.
Could that push the cost of buying the H2 SUV up to offset loss of finances? That is My concern on the whole deal. I hope H3 does well.
I hope the SUT is doing well else where. I do not want thier potential failure to hurt H2.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-16-2005, 02:24 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Arkansas, huh?

Yeah, it's good to chew the fat on an interesting subject. Just to keep true to the thread:

GM expected the H2 to do fairly well...what they got was NOT expected: Demand for H2's were through the roof and GM never anticipated the roar of interest the H2 received: IT WAS A HUGE HIT.

Maybe you guys don't remember...but Hummer-mania swept over the nation, there was even a bump in interest for that antiquated dumpster-lines H1 . The H2 was all the rage and for MANY months I could sell my H2 for thousands over what I paid for it.

That wave is gone, long gone. Environmental concerns, high gas prices and other factors have bumped the Hummer from the trendy spotlight. Let's not forget this miserable war we're in...the affiliation with military isn't helping right now either.

Now comes the H3: cheaper, better mpg and hopefully appealing to a lower-income bracket.

Will they sell: of course!

Will it intiially do well: yes

Will it be another raging hit like the H2?

That's what this thread was about. I'm sure it'll do well and they'll move 'em hot & heavy for a couple months...but it'll be a mere shadow of the phenominon that the H2 was. That's my hunch.

The H2 made an exotic name (Hummer) affordable, practical and available. The "towel" has already been squeezed and most the buyers have been wrought out. The H3 will get something...but nothing by comparison.

I fully intend on waving at H3's and welcoming them to our offroading events. I imagine standing next to them as brothers while the H1 old timers just stand and stare in (even more) disgust.

One last shot: I could buy an H1 at the drop of a hat. Problem is, I've seen in our club how many problems they have. Even Buckeye's brand spankin' new rig was a bucket of problems. Half-shafts, idler arms, u-joints, pitman arms, radiators..and the list goes on. Yeah...the CTIS is cool and the clearance comes in handy...but the discomfort, loud noise, rough ride, poor engineering, appalling lack of quality: I'd no sooner throw myself off a cliff then buy an H1. Ya know why I'm bitter about it: cause I'd really like it to be a cool vehicle that is good to own!

Now who's the real Cranky Steve????
Old 01-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Hummer Expert

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I went to the Detroit Auto show today. it was crowded as heck. the only place you could get a breather was in the VW display or the Nissan, both had room to spare. the Dodge & Jeep displays were wall to wall people,and everyone was crawling all over the new Chargers.
The Gm display was huge, but the majority of of folks were in checking out Corvettes & H2s! they were crawling all over the new SUT's and the H1's. the H3 I saw was looking a little sad because very few folks really knew what it was. my wife heard someone call it the "Baby Hummer". it really looked nice, and the lines were close enough to put in the running for many folks.
as for H2s there was one that had the truck lid or hard tonneau. the one they had operated seperate of the tail gate and had a lockable lid with the factory key. I got to see the Duramax sitting on display. it looked more like an old Detroit diesel then something you put in a passenger vehicle.
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 01-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you got it, Steve. The H2 was an unprecedented success - I think 90% of that was because it totally broke the mold. Yes, the H1 was already out, but it's not something you'd see everyday because of the price and practicality. Before the H2 came out, I might have seen 3-4 H1s in my lifetime, not being an avid off-roader. But in a market where the trend was to be sleek, stylish and carlike, here comes GM with a large box that drives like a tank that defies anything currently on the market. People wanted it because it was different....now that the newness has worn off, so have the sales.

The H3 does not follow in the H2 footsteps in this manner. It will be a good mid-sized SUV to compete with other mid-sized SUVs on the market, but it is in no way a ground-breaker like the H2 was. The only uproar that will come out of it will be the fact it's an "affordable" Hummer. Other than that, everything it offers has already been done before.

Stacy
Old 01-29-2005, 07:05 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

After seeing the H3 in person today and listening to everyone talk about it I can definitively say it WILL be a HUGE hit. Especially with the women. It will be a very easy sell on the men in theirs lives too.
Here's some pics I took.
LINKIE POO
Old 01-29-2005, 07:36 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

I've always thought the H3 would be a winner. There's a segment of people that find the H2 just a bit intimidating but would love to drive a "Hummer" that's more mainstream. I've planned to buy my wife one ever since they announced them. And, IMO it's a good looking vehicle. Your pictures convince me more than ever.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:01 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by devilsfan:
The H2 was an unprecedented success - I think 90% of that was because it totally broke the mold. In a market where the trend was to be sleek, stylish and carlike, here comes GM with a large box that drives like a tank that defies anything currently on the market. People wanted it because it was different.

The H3 does not follow in the H2 footsteps in this manner. It will be a good mid-sized SUV to compete with other mid-sized SUVs on the market, but it is in no way a ground-breaker like the H2 was. Stacy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's my thoughts too. I realize much of it is wishful thinking, but if you talk with dealers they are figuring it'll be an even bigger hit then the H2 and Hummer-mania will rage through the country with a resurgence of renewed Hummer interest.

Man....the H2 was HOT, rappers & movie stars had them and they were in the news, etc. The H3 will be a solid mid-sized SUV but there's no way its gonna rock the SUV market like the H2 did. Which is not to suggest I don't like 'em....I'm just getting tired of hearing certain people say "if you think the H2 was big, wait till the H3 comes out!!!". It will be interesting to see what happens!!!!!

Last thought: the single part that the H1 and H2 shared is the D-ring on the rear-bumper: that's gone from the H3. Makes ya wonder...
Old 01-30-2005, 05:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

HeimenHummer is off the scale

Hi fellas! My first post. Gulp! I've had my H2 for 8 months now. I love it, no complaints except for the negetive stuff from other people you guys talk about.

I'm sort of wondering if I should have waited for the H3. It looks almost the same. I hate the side flares though. I've never gone off-roading but I hop to someday so that is why mabye the H3 would be better suited for me. But if I get the same negative comments as the H2, then I might as well be in the H2!
Old 01-30-2005, 10:29 PM

Joseph Muha is off the scale

More Hummer sales can only be a good thing. We should welcome all Hummers and encourage them. I hope they become fans like we all are.