H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-24-2003, 04:23 PM

Heward Jablowme is off the scale

How many MPGs does a cow get? You know there are a lot of animal farts in the world that contribute to the the greenhouse effect. The environment is just one price we'll have to pay for being a highly industrialized nation. OHHHH!!! What about all those third world countries buring cow dung, Mexico's burning season, hairsprays, aerosols, cigarettes, paper mills, 18-Wheelers, and the list goes on. By the way automakers do have the technology to build clean burning energy efficient vehicles, there is a small thing called lack of government regulations and lack of demand for these particular models. And do not forget the ever popular halitosis theory. Yeah some of you guys and gals will be getting toothpaste, mouthwash and some dental floss for Christmas. If your breath smells like your ass...you have a major malfunction.

"The person who said money isn't everything...never had any!"
Old 12-24-2003, 04:26 PM

Drag is off the scale

Heward, please read the below topic, and tell me if you think that lack of govenment regulations is the problem. You did get it partially right though, nobody will buy 'em.

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6916043161&m=922604151 5

Yes, this is my truck. No, I will NOT help you move.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:29 PM

Heward Jablowme is off the scale

Why thank you Drag, I try to post negatives from both sides of the spectrum.

"The person who said money isn't everything...never had any!"
Old 12-24-2003, 05:44 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

The battle of special interest groups have been fought for decades and will continue for decades, it goes back and forth, a lot depends on what kind of President in the White House. After 4-8-12 years, it swings back to the other side, so on and so forth. Just imagine if Al Gore is the President now, which part of the gutter do you think we live in? Your vote does count.

If you are an environmental activist, you have to pick one auto as the target, what would you pick? you can't really pick a Lexus LX470, MB G500, there is no BANG! to pick on them, people might think you are a racist if you pick on imports. You can't really pick Ram trucks, not smart to mess with those truckers, they get physical too easily. You can't hate Jeeps because everyone is driving a Jeep. When you come down to it, you really have no choice but to pick on the Hummer H2, more bang for your bucks, newest biggest expesnive and flashy. Perfect choice.

I for one, don't mind being the target at all. It is an honor. The more they hate my Hummer, the happier I am, they are helping to inflate the Hummer image. They help drive away the meek and the weak potential Hummer owners, they make me the enemy of the Left which is exactly whom I am and what I want to be, they make my Hummer larger than life, they make the Left sleepless at night. This is turning out to be far better than I expected.
Old 12-24-2003, 07:50 PM

Cincinnati h2 is off the scale

Hell with the tree huggers,99% of the negative comments I get about my h2 are made by people who know nothing about it. I get tired of expaining that it is no different than any other fullsize truck/suv with regards to gas consumption/emisions.
Old 12-24-2003, 08:00 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heward Jablowme:
Why thank you Drag, I try to post negatives from both sides of the spectrum.

"The person who said money isn't everything...never had any!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're going to try for a funny name at least get it right!! It's Haywood not Heward.

Damn... almost flamed you big until I took a look at your public profile and saw that you're an owner. Welcome
Old 12-24-2003, 10:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

raptor2ride is off the scale

Hello all. This topic really only comes down to ONE thing. Everyone has the choice to purchase whatever type of vehicle they want, within reason. Dont like it, dont buy it! But sure as hell dont TELL me what I can and can not buy!!

Dirts for racing and pavements for getting there!
Old 12-25-2003, 08:19 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Drag...

What you read one day evolves into something else the next. Now they say red-meat & eggs aren't so bad, and my health-bud tells me carrots are actually full of sugar and apples are all carbs!!! Go figure!!!

I too thought diesel was a disgusting & filthy inefficient fuel....then I read/was told that when properly tuned, the emissions are less harmful to the environment then gasoline.

I like the thinking going on in here. Just for the record...when I first saw the H2, my initial thought was "why did they have to make it soooooo big???". My old Jeep Cherokee held two full-sized adults up front, carried 3 in the rear and had a lot of cargo room: why'd they have to make the H2 so damn large????

Now...I saw the H3T and it sports a nifty 5-cylinder engine that puts out some 350 horosepower (more then H2) and comes turbo-charged: less weight, more power, fewer cylinders: could GM be moving in the right direction???

In closing: My friends have a VW Golf that is a turbo-diesel...it's relatively quick and gets 52 mpg:

Hmmm: Size of a Jeep Grand, a bit wider, all the refinements of a Hummer, 5-cylinder inter-coled turbo-diesel with a high-pressure fuel atomizer and a strong aluminum frame.......it'll probably get about 28mpg and the greenies will choke for a new reason to hate us!

It'll never happen cause it just makes too much sense!

MAC, finish this up for me!
Old 12-25-2003, 08:37 AM

Fat Slob is off the scale

The hummer, albeit very sleek for an "all terrain" vehicle is simply just a Chevy Tahoe. It has the Chevy Tahoe chassis with a different (fancier) skin. Don't get me wrong. I am a big fan of the original hummer. That is a fantastic vehicle. But they took all the hummer outta the hummer! C'mon guys! Total poseur! You can essentially buy the H2 for 20 thousand cheaper by just buying it with the different name. It'll most assuredly go wherever the H2 could go (as if any yall orv anyway)
Old 12-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow I am surprised you came up for air from jamming Krispy Kremes and fudge into your mouth long enough to muster up a post. I won't continue as I will leave your bashing to DRTY, it is my christmas present to him.
Old 12-25-2003, 01:58 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha ha ha!!!! What a fat idiot. You obviously didn't open those lard stuffed eyelids and do any reading while you were in here. You just had to jam those big fat chubby fingers into your keyboard to show the world that the only reading you do is on a menu.
Do poseurs run Moab or the Rubicon? Just because you can't heft your big fat ass up into one doesn't mean you have to hate the H2.
Do some reading in here and find out how we've dispatched all of the other ignorant trolls like your self. If you need some motivation just pretend you're looking for the secret location of the last golden Willie Wonka ticket.

Where's Kevin Spacey to tie you to a chair and force-feed you to death when we need him?

Ho ho ho!!! You fat hump.
Old 12-25-2003, 02:27 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

I gotta hand it to fat slob, thats a new one. The H2 is a tahoe. REALLY. My salesman assured me it was the end-all offroad vehicle.......Ya maen HE LIED..

What a knuckle head. Hey Fat Slob, go stuff the turkey .
Old 12-26-2003, 01:05 AM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Being that it is Christmas and all, I'm feeling kinda bad for Fat Slob. People who are indifferent about the H2 or truly think it's a "poser" vehicle don't spend time reading, registering and posting on an H2 forum.

Fat Slob is clearly a troubled individual filled with self doubt, insecurity and envy. He's the kind of guy who would love to have a Hummer but isn't man enough achieve his wants. Instead, he lashes out and attempts to destroy any and all evidence of his inadequacies and will discredit anything he can think of that might give light to all that he is not. "H2 is a Tahoe." All this as he drives around in the car that he despises but tries to convince everyone including himself that he loves.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:36 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome fat slob.

Now go find momma.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2003, 06:46 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Yeah...and the Porsche 911 Carrera is just a VW bug with a different body as well.

This chump isn't even worth getting the flame-thrower out for.

No, the H2 isn't the H1....it's an innovation. It's also not a Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon either. I'm not even going to bother explaining it either. Either you get it, or you don't.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:21 PM

Drag is off the scale

Steve,

My big problem with diesel is NOx emission. Unless there's a particulate trap on the exhaust, then it's going to handle that issue. Particulate traps are expensive though, and they don't last much past 100K miles. Therefore, I don't know how many of them we'll see on realworld production type vehicles. That can change, though.

One of my biggest doubts about diesel fuel is simpy that CAFE and emissions laws are designed with a predominantly gasoline fleet in mind. Diesel has the deck stacked against it due to EPA meddling in emissions laws and especially the rabid group called CARB (California Air Resources Board). Those fools seem to think that they can legislate product into existence, even though the product doesn't exist.

Once we have emissions laws that make more sense for diesel fuel, then I'd be glad to drive one. I love the gobs of low end torque, and getting better miles per would be nice. I don't want to have to pay an automakers fines for violating CAFE or the Federal Clean Air act by buying a diesel engine truck while Clean Air laws are so slanted against diesel, though. anyone who thinks that automakers wouldn't make you pay through the nose to get a vehicle that brings them closer to fines is smoking (**%^.

Yes, this is my truck. No, I will NOT help you move.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:21 PM

Queen Sheba is off the scale

Here we go again. Someone who thinks he knows everything or some things about H2, goes openning his mouth before consulting with his momma. Because no one else wants to explain it to, neither am I. Fat Slob, go play at the playground for the slow kids. You're not wanted here!

"I don't believe that life is supposed to make you feel good, or to make you feel miserable either. Life is just supposed to make you feel"
Old 12-26-2003, 05:27 PM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

Fat slob,
although I have no respect for some of those who contradict you, I must say : how can you compare an H2 with a tahoe off-road? Clearly you have never been off-road! The approach and departure angles of the H2 make it superior to any other production vehicle available, other than the rubicon or H1.

gasman
Old 12-27-2003, 04:11 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Not to mention the traction control system, rear locker, height control, air suspension, frame reinforcement, suspension augmentations, heavier-duty parts, significantly more protection, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc......

And...by the time you take a Tahoe and buy the nicest package (to bring it almost even with the luxury of the H2)...you'd still have to add some more goodies. The difference in price is about $7K (between stock H2 and ultra-nice-package Tahoe) and you're still not even close to having the same features as the H2.

Bottom line: if you took a top-of-the-line Tahoe and added as many features as you could to make it the ultimate offroader.....you'd spend as much or MORE then an H2 and still not have the same abilities or features.

If your gonna compare the H2 to a Tahoe, you may as well compare a Porsche Carrera to a VW Bug.

Or in Fat Slob's case...a fat monkey to a Human.