H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-27-2003, 05:13 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

One of my sisters-in-law said that at first. What exactly is "mid-life crisis?" how does it work and when does it happen? Is Hummer or big automobile suppose to fix that crisis? does it have to be expensive? Seriously, my friends, I surely heard of it, but how does it related to what you drive?
Old 11-27-2003, 05:51 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

It has nothing to do with mid-life crisis.

Mid-life crisis had something to do with young women, hair dye, and painting toe nails!(AAAAHAHAHAHAHA I promise that's the last )

I think it has more to do with physical and sexual appearance, "Do I still have it?". There are millions of men suffering from mid-life crisis. I think what they drive is the last thing they care about.

As usual, MaTt is LOst.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-27-2003, 05:52 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Mid life crisis? I am 36 and there are younger ones on this forum. I thought that crisis meant flashy, curvey sports car down at the strip picking up chicks. Oh wait, that was last year. Maybe you are right, I needed something big, boxy and sloooow.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 11-27-2003, 05:58 AM

H2Dude is off the scale

I hope its not my mid life crisis. I'm only 34. The H2 was my dream car when it first came out. I worked hard and found myself in a position to own one this year, the tax break didn't hurt, so I pulled the trigger and here I am.

I have only been an H2 owner for two weeks and boy do my wife and I get a lot of stares from people. At first we felt uncomfortable but they we realized the were stareing at the H2 and not us.

I believe most people look at a driver of an H2 and say, "wow, it must be cool to drive one of those."

There are those that may think we are compensating for a lack of this or that, but to that my wife and I say,,,
Old 11-27-2003, 03:22 PM

argonaut is off the scale

nice smileys H2 dude...
Old 11-27-2003, 03:31 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I think in England, married men disapear when they have mid-life crisis, just gone for good, off to Spain or Africa or Hongkong; Dr. Livingston I presume? When they had that big commuter train accident in UK, later they found many missing men were not dead, but just took the chance and left. Otherwise, it is said men should have affairs when the crisis hit. Seems buying expensive toys is also part of obligation of men in mid-life crisis. I'll be eagerly awaiting the arrival of this crisis. Instead of fighting it, I now learned we can use it to our advantage. Maybe Hummer can come up with an even bigger Hummer for me to buy? H-0.
Old 11-27-2003, 03:35 PM

cmb31078 is off the scale

Around here I get a lot of looks. Mainly like what the $%^&. I am 25 and I have a H2 so you can just imagine. I am sure some of you would give me looks. BUt I have worked hard for mine so I deserve mine. Point made!

Craig

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension

Old 11-27-2003, 03:53 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Looks like the younger H2 owners have a chip on their shoulders. When I drove high profile sportscars in my '20s, I never thought of anyone looked at me funny. Could it be imaginary? all in your mind? lack of confidence?

I don't see many H2s, but in 14 months, they added up, frankly I almost never see the drivers through the vertical windshield. When I see a H2, my eyes are on the road, I have 1 second to glance at the other driver, 1/2 second to decide if I should wave, and 99% of the time I cannot see the faces. In that 1 second, I may spot it is a man or woman or transngender, but certainly not if the driver is young or old, tall or short, nice or mean.

I'll be leaving in 1 hour to ski in Tahoe, there are LOTS of Hummers up at the ski resorts, seems a lot of Hummer owners are skiers. Let me see if I can spot any young ones who do not deserve to own a H2, any old guys in mid-life crisis, the good, bad and ugly. I got 3 days up there.
Old 11-27-2003, 03:59 PM

No chip on my shoulder here. I was just stating I do get a lot of dirty looks. I wave at fellow owners. So I am afreindly owner. I want to be able to flash my one top driver side running light. So that way I can wink at night Have fun skiing!!

Craig

Old 11-27-2003, 04:02 PM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know I got my H2 because I enjoy the nicer things in life, but I also do a lot of research before I go out and spend a dime.
It is my opinion, the H2 is the best deal on the market for all that you get.
I am 37 and do not feel like it is a mid-life crisis, but what do I know!!
I just like to have fun, and a vehicle that will allow me to have it!
Old 11-27-2003, 04:39 PM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

I get a lot of mid life crisis questions, mainly from one of my engineers wife who I believe has some major insecurity issues,
I'm 44 and I have always liked expensive hobbies and toys. I don't see this as a midlife crisis, its just what I like. Maybe its insecurity (I do drive a beater minivan that has 200K miles on it and it doesn't bother me in hte least, so much so that I have left my 300ZXTT parked for months on end) so I don't think so. I think its just because I like this damn car and its within the price and class of cars that I can afford.

H2 Black Lux, Air Suspension, AEM Intake, Flowmaster, soon to be blacked out...
Black 02 Fatboy
300ZX TT 500Hp, 10.5Sec completely Blacked out, Wolfe Sport 600 Turbo, Billet Aluminum FlyWheel, Carbon Claw RPS Turbo Clutch, Dual Pop Intake, HKS Intercoolers/Exhaust
Old 11-27-2003, 10:47 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

cmb31078-

How the hell can someone determine how old you are while driving by you? Is it all that damn rap music you have blaring out of those big woofers you got in the back? Or maybe it's that license plate of yours that says "UNVME" with your University of Tennesse Class of 1999 sticker on the back...

Just giving you ****.

If you really want to confuse people get a baby seat for the back seat and put one of those stickers on the back window with the name of your fake son with some sport he plays and his number. Then it will look like you have a 7-9 year old and a 1-3 year old...

-HUMMERDOGG

TROLL POACHER (I hunt trolls even if it ain't troll hunting season...)

TROLL TAXIDERMIST (For those of you who get to them before I can. I provide this service free of charge...)
Old 11-27-2003, 10:58 PM

Hummerdogg,
Did you go to the fake UT. With the nasty orange color? I was just wondering since you seem so stuck on and jealous of the real UT (Universtiy of Tennessee). Had to give a little back. Mostly when people notice me is at gas stations or when I am getting in/out of the H2. Well I guess it all just depends on where you live.

Craig

Old 11-28-2003, 12:41 AM

Hummerdogg,
Or I can get one of those stickers that says my kid, which I do not have, is a honor student at some school... hehe

Craig

Old 11-28-2003, 01:07 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I prefer the sticker that says "my kid beat up your honor student"

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 11-28-2003, 01:13 AM

I like that one better also... But I would pefer the sticker I saw somewhere posted on here by the tow hook that says "attatch stuck jeeps here"

Craig

Old 11-28-2003, 01:58 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

cmb31078-

EEEWWW!!! No you didn't!!! The fake UT?, I wouldn't dare. I went to the Harvard of the South- RICE UNIVERSITY... Even though I lived less than 30 minutes from their campus they had no interest in me. Coming out of high school, I wasn't big enough or fast enough to play football for the teasips. However, I was fortunate enough to beat them one year in football while I played there.

You could always get some haircoloring and salt-n-pepper your hair, as opposed to those blonde highlights you are sporting right now. Also, taking out both the eyebrow and tongue rings do wonders for the impressions you are leaving the "adults" who are judging you.
(Just tossing a little back...)

-HUMMERDOGG

TROLL POACHER (I hunt trolls even if it ain't troll hunting season...)

TROLL TAXIDERMIST (For those of you who get to them before I can. I provide this service free of charge...)