H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-19-2005, 07:30 PM

Peter etg is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
I would think that given the amount of time you have been looking for an H2 you would be an expert on used and new H2 pricing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have not looked so much into -04´s and i also appriciate assistance from people that know more than i do.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peter etg:
Strange. ALL dealers i talk to say they can´t sell to anyone outside of the US.
I´m sure there are people here working selling Hummers. Churhill? that can comment on this.

Anyway. I started this thread asking if 37300 was good for this -04 lux? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It sounds like a good price, assuming that there were no wrecks or problems and title is clean.

BTW, aggiehummer...er is a salesman at a Dallas, TX dealership... maybe he can answer your question. (he was the 5th post here, so I know he read this at one point... ) You might try to PM him...?

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 08-19-2005, 08:45 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LoLo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peter etg:
Strange. ALL dealers i talk to say they can´t sell to anyone outside of the US.
I´m sure there are people here working selling Hummers. Churhill? that can comment on this.

Anyway. I started this thread asking if 37300 was good for this -04 lux? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It sounds like a good price, assuming that there were no wrecks or problems and title is clean.

BTW, aggiehummer...er is a salesman at a Dallas, TX dealership... maybe he can answer your question. (he was the 5th post here, so I know he read this at one point... ) You might try to PM him...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it is not somuch "all American" cars, but Hummers. GM has set rules for dealers, far as I know, so that they are not allowed to sell cars outside us. There are reasons for that. But it is not very hard to go around that, and it is not definately illegal. It's just a rule set by a manufacturer...
Old 08-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

I sell Hummers, and I cannot sell a new Hummer if I know it is going to be exported outside of the states, the vehicle must be titled to an address in the United States. GM keeps a tight reign on Hummer stores and makes sure that we're all in the car business, not the exporting business. A Hummer store in Detroit almost lost their franchise because of this, and countless other Hummer stores have been fined in the hundreds of thousands of dollars regarding this stuff. Like W1N and some others said, it's a GM thing.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:09 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aggiehummer...er:
I sell Hummers, and I cannot sell a new Hummer if I know it is going to be exported outside of the states, the vehicle must be titled to an address in the United States. GM keeps a tight reign on Hummer stores and makes sure that we're all in the car business, not the exporting business. A Hummer store in Detroit almost lost their franchise because of this, and countless other Hummer stores have been fined in the hundreds of thousands of dollars regarding this stuff. Like W1N and some others said, it's a GM thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aggiehummer...er, one question. Do you need SSN to buy a Hummer or is a valid address all you need for the paper work?
Old 08-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

You need a SSN or Tax ID number for the title requirements.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aggiehummer...er:
You need a SSN or Tax ID number for the title requirements. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically what you have to do, is that have a contact to a company that will do it for you. They will be able to register it and then sell it as used. I don't think this will hurt the dealer.

Anyways I will get mine here in Finland from a local dealer that will buy one from US and then do all the mods that need to be done to make it leagal here in Finland.

Anyways, since you are dealer, can you answer one question I have. If I came to you as a customer wanting to buy H2, would you replase the spare back in cabin if requested and fix the bumber as it used to be? all this as part of the deal? I don't think it would be huge job to swith parts with a used H2 that has the plastic rear bumber cover (where the Hummer is written) and the new with the tire carrier out on the back.

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

W1N...

There are still a handful of '05's that have the tire mounted inside.

Prior to January build models, they didn't have the standard outside mount. So, you may be able to save yourself -- and the dealership -- some trouble!

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 08-21-2005, 10:01 AM

Peter etg is off the scale

Wilfred. I´m waiting for your comment regarding Hummerdealers allowed selling out of the country...
Old 08-22-2005, 01:12 AM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

Wilfred. I´m waiting for your comment regarding Hummerdealers allowed selling out of the country... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, I have never heard of such policy . And I have no reason to doubt what others are saying. But if I buy one out of state and have it truck here, i do not need to register the vehicle in that state as long as the vehicle will not be driven off the lot. This out of state dealership has done nothing violating this said policy. If I want to drive this vehicle anywhere in California, then I have to register it.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LoLo:
W1N...

There are still a handful of '05's that have the tire mounted inside.

Prior to January build models, they didn't have the standard outside mount. So, you may be able to save yourself -- and the dealership -- some trouble! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My purchase will be done around January 2006, so I dont think I want to 2005 on the first month of 06, if you know what I mean. Eventhough saving that trouble sounds very tempting...
Old 08-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

RMST is off the scale

The Swiss are *******s.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RMST:
The Swiss are *******s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Swiss??? What are you smoking today?
Old 08-23-2005, 05:57 PM

MUH_HUM is off the scale

Ignore the troll...
Old 08-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MUH_HUM:
Ignore the troll... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He probably got so confused he couldn't answer me