H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Hummer Guru

The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by HummBebe:
So lets review my Options:

Fitzpatrick HUMMER -Concord, 71 miles
HUMMER of Pleasanton, 84 miles
Park Royal HUMMER - San Rafael, 89 miles
Winkle HUMMER - Reno Nv., 92 miles
Putnam HUMMER - Burlingame, 104 miles
Silicon Valley HUMMER - Los Gatos, 114 miles
Michael HUMMER - Fresno, 157 miles

Let me know who you think has the best service.....

Hummer of Sacramento PARTS DEPARTMENT (Tom) has always been great and helpful.....so no complaints.

Old 04-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Steve - SanJose

Quote:
Originally posted by Sewie:
SV Hummer in Los Gatos is where me and BP go. They have been better than other dealerships I've dealt with in the past but I've had some problems with them. Basically, they are the most convenient for me plus I bought mine there.

They are supposed to be building a huge dealership in Milpitas with a test track, etc. That will actually be better for me when it opens. Hopefully the service dept. will be up to snuff.

SV Hummer in Los Gatos is the dealership that I use also. Pretty good service, but you do have to supervise them just like most dealerships. Good news about the new Milpitas location, a little bit closer to my house.

S.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill1065:
The real deal goes over in the little finance room, not necessarily on the showroom floor with the sales reps' figures. The Finance guy even turned the computer screen toward me, like the computer never makes a mistake. But my little laptop said his big ole computer was $300 wrong, upon which he admitted the "mistake" in his calculations.

My finance idiot decided to jack the interest rate by almost 4% when we decided not to take the Vesco (interior protection for cloth seats) and Gap insurance coverages that the dealership never offered us.....they just added them on and acted stunned when we chose to decline. Now they're giving us a hard time because we don't want to pay their ridiculous interest rate and want to use our own finance company (who is financing us with a rate that's almost half the dealer's rate). Anyone have any suggestions?

Not to mention the fact that I've had the vehicle for almost 2 full weeks and last night was the first time we'd heard a thing about the rate changing. We'd already signed all the paperwork.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd call HUMMER. That is just wrong
Old 04-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

I'd LOVE to call Hummer. Happen to have a phone number for them?
Old 04-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Steve - SanJose

Quote:
Originally posted by Dani:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill1065:
The real deal goes over in the little finance room, not necessarily on the showroom floor with the sales reps' figures. The Finance guy even turned the computer screen toward me, like the computer never makes a mistake. But my little laptop said his big ole computer was $300 wrong, upon which he admitted the "mistake" in his calculations.

My finance idiot decided to jack the interest rate by almost 4% when we decided not to take the Vesco (interior protection for cloth seats) and Gap insurance coverages that the dealership never offered us.....they just added them on and acted stunned when we chose to decline. Now they're giving us a hard time because we don't want to pay their ridiculous interest rate and want to use our own finance company (who is financing us with a rate that's almost half the dealer's rate). Anyone have any suggestions?

Not to mention the fact that I've had the vehicle for almost 2 full weeks and last night was the first time we'd heard a thing about the rate changing. We'd already signed all the paperwork. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Refi it right away with your credit union and double-check that there is no prepayment penalty.

S.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill1065:

Not to mention the fact that I've had the vehicle for almost 2 full weeks and last night was the first time we'd heard a thing about the rate changing. We'd already signed all the paperwork. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What do you mean you've signed? Have you closed with your finance company, gone through whichever finance company he was trying to get you to use or what?

You'll get a satisfaction survey you'l be able to fill out. You're F&I guy gets more commission by who he uses. If he did something shady, contact your attorney general's consumer protection division if the dealership doesn't want to do anything about it.

Hummer has nothing to do with it and will not be able to help much. The AG can investigate and if they find something THEN you can bet Hummer is going to do something then anyway.

Many times this is not indicative of the dealership, just the F&I person or department but it could be that the dealership just lets something like that happen.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

We signed for the H3 (filled out all paperwork, title work, etc...) for it 2 weeks ago this coming Monday. We were under the impression (as we were told by the finance manager) that we were approved for a specific rate. We signed the paperwork agreeing to THAT specific rate. We had 2 charges that were added to the total price of the car- that we didn't want. One being the Gap insurance (got it WAY cheaper elsewhere) and the second being a product called Vesco (kinda like scotchguard for furniture only this is for the car). Those 2 charges totaled almost $1700 and were automatically added in. The dealership NEVER asked us if we wanted them or not. SO- per their timeframe guidelines we declined the coverage and needed to go back to the finance dept. to re-sign paperwork since the amount financed would be different than we originally signed for. When we arrived at the dealership, the finance manager says to us "you're no longer approved at the original rate and your new rate is" (and the rate was 4% higher than we originally signed for). The dealer never contacted us what so ever. Per the paperwork that we were given- they have 72 hrs from the date of purchase to notify us of any changes. We were never notified of anything. Now that we want to use our own financing- the dealership refuses to accept it. Which is total ****.

It just sucks because the HUMMER dealership itself is separate from the finance dept. (they're one HUGE dealership...they're not just HUMMER- so they share the finance dept) and the people that work at HUMMER are actually really great people. I hate to screw them over but I'm very tempted to tell them to shove the H3 up their ass and go buy it elsewhere. I've never had this damn much trouble buying a car EVER.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

One more thing- we wanted to add the 3M stuff that's supposed to help stop stone chips. When we started complaining about the interest rate- the finance guy tried to say "I'm gonna throw the 3M stuff in at no charge for your trouble". Honestly- $349 does nothing for me.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:08 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

Quote:
I'm very tempted to tell them to shove the H3 up their ass and go buy it elsewhere.

That's exactly what you need to do. When this B.S. happens you MUST walk away.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:17 AM
Hummer Professional

nmikes is off the scale

Ford tried that with me a few years back on an escape. Called a week later said they needed to redo the paper work with an additional grand on the down payment. Told them it would take a couple days to swing by... and spent the time on a road trip. Maybe unethical... but they were not doing me any favors I realized when I got the thing home so it sorta turned into a... back atcha. sorta thing. Dealerships some of them are con's. Don't reward their bad behavior with your buisness.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Although sales and service are run by different people, they are related in CSI. If the service people are not giving you the assistance you need, try getting the sales manager/GM involved. I get involved in alot of service issues and am able to put some heat on the advisors and the techs. It doesnt always work, but most of the time I do get results for the owner. You can use any dealership you chose for service, but you should expect the best service from where you purchased your truck. We should all give you the time and treatment you deserve.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
We signed for the H3 (filled out all paperwork, title work, etc...) for it 2 weeks ago this coming Monday. We were under the impression (as we were told by the finance manager) that we were approved for a specific rate. We signed the paperwork agreeing to THAT specific rate. We had 2 charges that were added to the total price of the car- that we didn't want. One being the Gap insurance (got it WAY cheaper elsewhere) and the second being a product called Vesco (kinda like scotchguard for furniture only this is for the car). Those 2 charges totaled almost $1700 and were automatically added in. The dealership NEVER asked us if we wanted them or not. SO- per their timeframe guidelines we declined the coverage and needed to go back to the finance dept. to re-sign paperwork since the amount financed would be different than we originally signed for. When we arrived at the dealership, the finance manager says to us "you're no longer approved at the original rate and your new rate is" (and the rate was 4% higher than we originally signed for). The dealer never contacted us what so ever. Per the paperwork that we were given- they have 72 hrs from the date of purchase to notify us of any changes. We were never notified of anything. Now that we want to use our own financing- the dealership refuses to accept it. Which is total ****.

It just sucks because the HUMMER dealership itself is separate from the finance dept. (they're one HUGE dealership...they're not just HUMMER- so they share the finance dept) and the people that work at HUMMER are actually really great people. I hate to screw them over but I'm very tempted to tell them to shove the H3 up their ass and go buy it elsewhere. I've never had this damn much trouble buying a car EVER.
The changes can only take place if both parties agree in writing. If anything has changed in the rate, price, term or any other part of the contract that yoiu are happy with, just dont buy the car. The original paperwork is useless and unenforceable if they change it on you. As far as dealer added products, some customers see value in some of the products and some dont, bottom line if you like it buy it, if you dont dont. Vesco, Enviromental, Mop-n-Glo its all the same and all an option. Gap is a great product if the vehicle is financed for more than the current value, useless if you put down alot of money. It does not matter who you buy it from, the dealer, your insurance guy, the bank, it is all the same to you. Car loans are simple interest and if you have abetter rate somewhere else, take it. Even if you signed with the dealership, you simply use your newer lower rate loan to pay the first one off.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:02 PM
shhrtbs

Quote:
Originally posted by HummBebe:
All I can say is I have noticed a marked difference in how my Dealer treated me, v.s., how a certain Salt Lake Dealer treated me.

Left Moab with a desire to tell my dealer to shove it.

They, the Service Manager, the Parts Manager, and the Shop Manager, didn't even call or follow up w/me after I let him know what happend.

The SLC dealership was awesome. Shipped the parts...no questions asked, right to the shop.

My dealer told me to call them back when I got my "ducks in a row"

considering the service writers at your dealership, i'm not surprised you got that response. the typical response is "bring it in so we can look at it", and since you couldn't bring it in, they didn't know enough to be able to help. for anything major from now, i'm driving to Reno, unless the bus can't be driven at all. the parts house has always been helpful, but unless you can get the shop foreman on the phone, calling for service questions is a waste of time.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
but unless you can get the shop foreman on the phone

I spoke with him (Shop Foreman) 5 minutes after I broke.....from the trail. He was all ready to send me whatever I needed, then "Parts" or someone else put the kabash on it. Said I would have to give them a CC to pay before they could ship

Never mind, I think Reno will be my new shop too.