H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-27-2005, 09:38 PM

BeerDog is off the scale

I truly believe that the GM Engineers knew what they were doing when they designed and built the H3. With that my H3 vehicle search continues.... which I say has been very frustrating so far...
Old 06-27-2005, 11:11 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tonka61:
im not buying the h3 cause of the engine size. i like it but im telling you i6 would be great. best engine to have if they did an i6 they would have a really nice vehicle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>you're not buying an H3 because you are not old enough to have a driver's license, much less pee standing up.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:36 PM

H3 Buyer to be? is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wannabeH3:
why did you sell it in the first place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am holding out hope, that the Offroad pacakge with the transmission difference will be a tad quicker off the line. My wife's 3.0 X5 at the same weight and HP is wayyyy quicker...

And I wanted the blue, but now they are saying another mont, and I cant wait...

Unless Killian will lend me his black H3 for a month?
Old 06-27-2005, 11:39 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by usetosellhummer:
With GM's cutbacks the H3 will stay the same with some upgrades but no new powerplant. I am so sick of this no power talk. You want power then buy the H2 and live with the fuel eco. **** buy the Nissian and good luck if you come wheeling. It's not a racer car! Say it again class "Hummer's are not built for speed!"
again.. "Hummers are not built for speed" Drive me nuts If I was still selling I would have to go off on the first customer who told me it had no poer or why don't they put a v6 8 10 12 **** put a rocket engine in it and someone will still not like the performance. You like it? Buy it and have fun!!!!!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Little hostile are we? All I mean is I don't want to look at a friggin 2000 pound Dodge Neon Turbo, and go "damn I wish my H3 had an engine like that..."

LOL, relaxe, if I had nothing to bitch about what else would I have to do?
Old 06-27-2005, 11:41 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BeerDog:
I truly believe that the GM Engineers knew what they were doing when they designed and built the H3. With that my H3 vehicle search continues.... which I say has been very frustrating so far... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bite the bullet go to Sewell, I got 2 from there already...
Old 06-28-2005, 03:08 AM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Read about the H3 future diesel availability here:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1378749/posts

My limited rumor understanding is it will be a common rail fully compatible with B100 biodiesel. Can you say "**** off OPEC"? Sure you can...

Dave
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 06-28-2005, 03:47 AM

skeeter is off the scale

Everyone can keep bitching about to power, and I will keep enjoying my H3 just the way it is. I pull a 10 ft cargo trailer one day a week, 140 miles round trip, and my 18 foot boat on the weekends. It gets the job done. If and when a motor upgrade comes out, I will take a look. Right here, and now "it gets the job done". I have about 3000 miles on it now, and my acceleration has improved. I think the motor is starting to loosen up a bit. I still have my Corvette in the garage if I want to get out and fly.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:25 AM
Hummer Veteran

hispeed6 is off the scale

Gents,

I have to say that maybe some of us might need to mitigate our expectations of what we want out of our trucks. Not trying to incite anyone here but it IS a truck and it was designed to be durable.

Everything is a compromise and from an engineering perspective I'd consider the H3 a very happy medium between economy, size, performance, toughness, longevity, cost, etc. If it doesn't suit you then maybe there are alternatives out there on the market that do? The engineers at GM and Hummer didn't design this truck to disappoint you. And I'd say for the majority of us who have bought the truck they've succeeded in finding the sweet spot. Besides, sales of a base model vehicle usually promote/support a) add-on models with more specialized performance (i.e. jeep rubicon, corvette Z06) and b) aftermarket vendors who step up and offer products to alter a stock vehicle's attributes. Could the acceleration be improved? Of course, but at the expense of what? Fuel economy? Purchase price? The hit GM/Hummer would take with the CAFE regs?

And honestly, if you REALLY want to drive a slug for comparison's sake I think I could still find the owner of my old '95 4Runner with the 3.0 V6 (was just thumbing through July's Car and Driver, the '90 4Runner with the same engine was the worst they tested that year at 15.7 seconds zero to sixty). I bet the guy I sold it to would trade you for a weekend (or forever).

On a personal note if I really want to get somewhere in a hurry I have a conveyance tailored specifically for that endeavour. It has two wheels and 1000cc's.

I\'m gonna miss her...
Old 06-28-2005, 05:02 AM

firm is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Buyer to be?:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wannabeH3:

I am holding out hope, that the Offroad pacakge with the transmission difference will be a tad quicker off the line. My wife's 3.0 X5 at the same weight and HP is wayyyy quicker...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buyer- I might be wrong, but doesn't the X5 have like 330hp?

I was reading somewhere that the Vortec engine has the ability to change according to driving style. It can put out a lot more horses then the numbers say. You also have to look at the gearing. Nissan may have 245+ hp, but how much of that is getting to the wheels? That's what is important.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:15 AM

HummerBuck is off the scale

Since I do will not have my H3 until next week, my evaluation of the engine is strictly from the test drive and comments on this forum. I assume that the H3 will evetually be a hover craft with a jet engine, and if that happens, I will probably upgrade. I bought the H3 because it has what I want NOW. The look, the body, the off-road and on-road capabilities. If it gets me from point A to point B in a reasonable time, I am happy. The main reason I bought the H3 is for once in my life I wanted to be the first one on the block to have one. It's a mid-life crisis thing.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Hummer Expert

Desert Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want speed and HP then get a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the HEMI!

I have read about lots of people having trouble with the Multi-Displacement System / variable cylinder system on the Hemi.

If you look at the power to weight ratio of the H3 it is not so bad but not a Corvette.

Compare these rough numbers:

H3 4700lbs with 220 HP

Land Crusier (6 cylinder) FJ 80 4595lbs with 155 HP

Jeep Grand Cherokee 4094 LBS with 330HP HEMI

Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 4000LBS with 190HP

Jeep Liberty 4033LBS with 210HP

Original Land Cruiser 4246lbs with 135 HP

VW Van 2000 lbs with 50HP

H3 2006 Adventure/Lux/5-speed/sunroof/rock rails/underbody skids/block heater/Boulder Grey/ Defender Roof Rack

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003
1988 Jeep Cherokee

Gone - But- Not Forgotten 4x4's
1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 Willys Wagon
Old 06-28-2005, 01:34 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by firm:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Buyer to be?:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buyer- I might be wrong, but doesn't the X5 have like 330hp?

I was reading somewhere that the Vortec engine has the ability to change according to driving style. It can put out a lot more horses then the numbers say. You also have to look at the gearing. Nissan may have 245+ hp, but how much of that is getting to the wheels? That's what is important. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

220 HP in the 3.0 6 cylinder, and 3xx in the 4.6 V8... She has the baby one.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

MisterE is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

V6..yeah could be great..but. In one of the early posts someone said "they could have used the 4.3 V6 out of the old 2 door blazer". Well the vehicle prior to my H3 was a 2003 ZR2 Blazer (with 4.3)and the acceleration difference is MINIMAL but the off-road difference is HUGE!!!! Yes, I would love more power (even at the cost of fuel economy) but I'm very happy with it as it is currently configured.

Without fail the people who first ask me about mileage are the ones who bitch the engine is too small. Do they honestly beleive their is a V8 out there with 4 clinder economy?
Old 06-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by firm:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TimW:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Don't they have a nuclear version coming out too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No...Bush signed a moratorium on dilithium crystal importation from the Nexxian Galaxy...something about them not "being with us."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought Bush like Nucular engines. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should we list all of the corporations that Jesse Jackson has extorted money from? Or how about all of the blunders of Al Sharpton?
Old 06-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Hummer Expert

Desert Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

With the mileage people are reporting and the 23 gallon gas tank the range should be pretty good.

I think the 4.56 gears and 5-speed w/ overdrive help compensate for the 5cyl engine.

I can't wait to drive a 5-speed!

H3 2006 Adventure/Lux/5-speed/sunroof/rock rails/underbody skids/block heater/Boulder Grey/ Defender Roof Rack

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003
1988 Jeep Cherokee

Gone - But- Not Forgotten 4x4's
1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 Willys Wagon
Old 06-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to check the 5 speed out. The auto was just fine. Ok you all are really gonna laugh I bought a 2001 Pontiac Aztek with the v-6 Air Sus., Heads up display, leather, roof, camping package. Now keep in mind this vehicle MSRP was 32,000. Now you can't give one away. I had to get out of a bad car deal becasue it had a $6,000 rebate. I gota get the Hummer to get people to quit pointing and laughing at me.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by usetosellhummer:
I would like to check the 5 speed out. The auto was just fine. Ok you all are really gonna laugh I bought a 2001 Pontiac Aztek with the v-6 Air Sus., Heads up display, leather, roof, camping package. Now keep in mind this vehicle MSRP was 32,000. Now you can't give one away. I had to get out of a bad car deal becasue it had a $6,000 rebate. I gota get the Hummer to get people to quit pointing and laughing at me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate those things But at least it runs right?

Just hold out till fall and make sure the wife doesn't like the H3 too much that she takes it from you

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights