H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-26-2002, 09:06 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Beck....I am all about peace, love and H2's. I'm going to figure you were just joking back with me about the republican thing (I happen to be one).

Please tell me you were just joking. Oh yeah...TS, thanks for the life-saver! (stay off the meth....FUNNY!)
Old 11-26-2002, 09:12 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

....oh yeah....when someone types something and it's followed up with (joke)...that usually means it was a joke, and if it has this symbol: [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] it definitely means it's a joke.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:41 PM

Location: In the Deep South, Along the Shore of the Flint River
HummerGirl is off the scale

If she can afford the goodies, why not?

Go for it girl and get what you want! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

http://www.CelestialBath.com
Old 11-27-2002, 01:00 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Wow, what a party everyone had here, the house is a mess.

You know what? I read all the post on this subject again, real fast. I now don't even think that WES was even rude, I thought he was this AM when I first read it. It ended with Good luck, peace and a smiling face or something like that, didn't everyone see that? Maybe he was trying to be funny, just like what Steve said about evil Republicans, which I did not think was funny and didn't look like a joke to me(I am not upset about it.) I even mentioned to my wife as an example how strangely mixed are the people on the internet, "Honey, that Hummer guy you heard on the radio yesterday is a Liberal Democrat!, he said Republicans are evil."

It you read it carefully he was talking about the add-ons are very expensive, Shea better know how to spend that $10000. I don't think it was gender-specific, but not surprised some women jumped at it as a battle of the sexes. If I recalled Sheaq posted before sounded like she was asking for help, everyone lined up to help her, the next thing you know she is buying decked out top-line Hummer. My feeling is that Sheaq didn't need any help afterall, she is very confident. She knows what she want all along.

Maybe it is just me and after a day in a broadroom full of men-eating lawyers, or daily dealing with tough counterparts worldwide, I really don't think there was anything rude, at most a bad joke. The angry replies sounded a little scary to me, nice people turned posse with a rope to hang someone.

What's everyone been taking laterly? go easy on the coffee.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:04 AM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

My overall advice is to get the things you feel in your gut, like the adventure package, but those that are questionable, like maybe the wood dashboard or wheels, hold off. That stuff you can do later as you get to know the vehicle and the options. Plus you'll get better pricing by doing it outside the dealership. Except maybe the 2nd sun roof. This is the first time I've heard of that.

I have to say I love the guy/girl stuff and find it intriguing. I also think it's awesome that there many female Hummer owners. Although I don't get that Wes guy.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:22 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I heard on the news a few weeks back that 30% of the Hummer buyers are women, and most of the 70% men bought because their wivies "approved" the purchase. Most drivers of the biggest SUVs I see around here are women, maybe 70%? its a non-issue to me.

Whats up with your Hummer purchase? Zazing of New York.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:26 AM

Location: In the Deep South, Along the Shore of the Flint River
HummerGirl is off the scale

I think everyone was a little shocked at Wes' last comment about the whole island thing. That's all.

Don't panic Mac...we're not out to bash men here on this board! I agree with you often here on this board!!! And you are right about the women giving "approval" on the purchase of their hubbies H2...it's such a MANLY vehicle...MEOWWWWW!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

http://www.CelestialBath.com
Old 11-27-2002, 01:45 AM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Mac, I have decided to be the first to order the 2004. I went to the dealer a week ago and he tells me there is now a 3+ month wait on the sunroofs. I was on the fence before and that pushed me over to try and wait it out as much as I can hardly stand it for the 2004. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

So Mac are you one of the 70% who had to get clearance from your wife before you got the H2?
Old 11-27-2002, 02:03 AM

HeeHaw is off the scale

Sheag, can you get a picture of the Hummer with the second sun roof? Not really interested in getting one on mine, but I would like to see it before I completely rule it out.

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2002, 02:41 AM

2nd Sun Roof probably voids some GM warranty, is highly likely to break, leak, and/or compromise the vehicle's structure. It could even be an attempt to sell you a damaged H2 -- "Gee, we damaged the roof. Let's cut a hole and make a 2nd sunroof." My advice: factory sun roof or none.
Old 11-27-2002, 03:08 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I think the idea of a second sun-roof is kinda cool. The Land Rover's have them and it brings a neat 'safari' look/feel the the vehicle.

I would imagine the incision and opening is made such that it avoids the structural components of the roof support system...so it should still be quite safe.

As for warranty, many sunroofs are installed by factory aurthorized places, and those place almost certainly warrant their work. If they made bad stuff and didn't stand behind it, the dealership would cease using them. When we went to buy my wife her Yukon XL, the salesman insisted that the after-market sunroof was far superior to the factory unit. Let's NOT discuss that issue, just suffice it to say after-market can be done quite professionally and within parameters of the warranty.
Old 11-27-2002, 03:16 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I wouldn't think of buying a bicycle without my wife's concurrence. She loves the Hummer as much as I did at the first moment we saw it on the lot, in fact she saw it first while I was still climbing the Cadillac Escalade. “Babe, forget that, see this Hummer!“ she was the one urged me onto the prompt purchase decision. On the other hand, if she doesn’t like whatever new toy I have my eyes on, she is always totally cool about me buying it. My wife is quite used to siblings buying new toys in her family.
Old 11-27-2002, 03:29 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I'd like to briefly touch on two things MAC and Hummergirl made reference to. Both of you make great points!

Wes did sour the note with that island comment...it just seemed overly harsh. Yet, at the same time, he signitures off with happy-thoughts and a smiley-face. Which is exactly why I tried to point out that humor is often misinterpreted and he was likely misunderstood.

As for me, I seemed to have 'missed' with the Republican comment. I actually have no particular political orientation...but (as a matter of fact) I am curretnly registered as a republican. The root of the comment draws from my living in a heavily republican area...where we are regularly teased. To delve further into this would be wordy....PLEASE suffice it to say that I absolutely did NOT mean to probe into the world of politics nor draw a negative contrast to Republicans. I was honestly trying to put an absurd humoristic twist on something just to lighten the mood and make ya'll laugh....and just for good measure I labeled the comment as a joke.

I'd like to apply for reinstatment as a 'neat' guy and a non-liberal radio voice
Old 11-27-2002, 03:44 AM

sheag is off the scale

I will defintely post a pic of the second sun roof. It does NOT void any factory warranties as long as it is done by an "authorized" dealer, I've checked and double-checked on this point.

I don't care how many smiley faces you put on the end of a post, a rude post is a rude post, period, and Wes' definitely was rude, from start to finish.

On the confidence issue, I'm a confident person in general as are most women who buy H2s, I imagine. That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate and seek out advice and experience from those that have gone before me. And yea, I can afford a few luxuries, but so what? I've planned for this purchase, have researched it carefully, am paying cash, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I just fail to see the problem in spending money (if you have it) to get what you want. At any rate, I'm glad that I've found this forum, I've learned a lot, and I look forward to sharing my *customized* H2 with all of you.

Shea
Old 11-27-2002, 03:45 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Steve, I made jokes, I would checked and doublechecked to make sure the joke is clean, and sure enough that Hummergirl Amy will puff fire and smoke came charging my way, I ran for my life, she is more scary than Hilary Clinton. Just joking, Amy. Peace. What island do you live on?

That Beck is a lawyer. Legally speaking, if someone says something you do not agree, you must challenge it, otherwise you are accepting it as fact. Good lawyers are trained to attack, attack and counter-attack, the only good defense is a strong offense. I just wish my lawyers are as nasty as him. Just joking.

I have no problem with your joke. I only glanced at the posts real fast today at office, saw the happy face but didn't buy it. But you are neat, even though you are a pinko Liberal commie pretend to be a republican, with a small "r".

I think I said enough to get me into troubles too.
Old 11-27-2002, 03:57 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I thought people from Hawaii are pretty easy going and peaceful type, especially from the big island of Hawaii. Love that island, but the 2 hours chartered flight around the island was way too long, and there was no lava at the vocano, tour guide lied to us. Your replies could be considered quite rude and mean spirited, if one wants to look at them that way. BTW, Sheag, are you a lawyer too? Time to play nice. Nobody win with anger, you need to leave the mainland, nobody gets angry in Hawaii. 3 deep breath, Sheag.

Let's all join hands and dance on the beach and sing cumbaya. Let's get that bicylist environmentalist(long word) to join us too. Love in. Too bad it is not the swinging '60-'70s anymore.
Old 11-27-2002, 03:58 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I'm actually more concerned about Beck...seems to have taken what I said entirely the wrong way...which troubles me.

Mac-meister...you and I are on the same level. You could have just taken a bullet for me...but instead you jumped on the grenade. Buds like you are few and far between. Thanks!

Shea, your right. I'd have been offended too by Wes's comments. I suppose I was just trying to somehow see something positive of it. Like others, I just want to see everyone having fun and enjoying this forum.

What was this thread all about again?
Old 11-27-2002, 04:02 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Bullet and grenade? Man, you got the wrong guy, no way. I am out of here.
Tell you what, I was going to put a smiling face here, but that may not be a good idea. No use in Hawaii. I better leave the party when I am still alive.

"You could have just taken a bullet for me...but instead you jumped on the grenade. Buds like you are few and far between."
Old 11-27-2002, 04:03 AM

CJ is off the scale

Take the extra $$ buy a lifted jetski trailer and drag your new skis to that secluded perfect beach. Grab your boards fire up the skis and hit the outer reef. Live it up.
Old 11-27-2002, 04:06 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I agree that it's time to sing and all be nice...but Shea has been that all along.

Let's just let it go and move on.

Btw, I LOVE the fact that women are into the H2! When I play racquetball at the courts...it's an extra thrill to get beaten by a women. I think people are just way too into classifying people...we're all just individuals.