H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-27-2005, 03:09 PM
mstams

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:

If you mean my write up, read again:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. That's what I had orginially thought.

Sorry for the misread... And nice write-up, by the way!!
Old 07-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jersey Guy:
out standing great deal i dont understand this crap about GMS i just know my wife qualifies for this and she doesnt even work for gm nor is a relative. her company gives an option for GM vehicals and the Ford X plan which i saved about 5000 on my Mustang Cobra .i was as two dealers and they both came up with the same bottom price within $200 or so that came too 3000 off </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simple, if your wife works for an outside supplier she is only eligible for the SVPP (or GMID if you have a GM employee get you an authorization number). However, many people, as you can see on this forum (and the Vette forum) are told it is GMS. They think the "S" stands for Supplier and it doesn't.
Besides, she would get more than 3K off on a nicely priced H3.
(I should add that there is a way for a director or higher at GM to offer employee pricing to non-GM employees if they feel it will make the deal. However, directors are high up the pay ladder, and I'm not near that paygrade.)
Old 07-27-2005, 09:50 PM

Jersey Guy is off the scale

f5fstop i was told it was a GMS but i guess it isn't. she had to call an 800# and get an authorization # so maybe it's the GMID? Here is a copy of what the dealer gave me, MSRP & supplier price?
Old 07-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

$33,350.00 GMS

$38,235.00 MSRP
Old 07-28-2005, 12:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

tony d is an unknown quantity at this point

so thur when I go to the dealer and price up my loaded h3 and he already said he will accept my gms discount , the invoice will show me my discounted price ? there is no way the dealer can mess with it correct ?
Old 07-28-2005, 01:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

Correct. GMS pricing is what it is.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

With regards to the GMID, is that "what it is" or can the dealer
massage it. I would be getting a code from a relative, so it appears
from this forum that it would be a GMID. Is there a big difference
in the discount between GMS and GMID?

Any reports of these being accepted in NY? If I were looking to trade in my truck,
would I be better off selling -- since perhaps the dealer would lowball me knowing
that I would be using the GMID?

TIA
Chris
Black H3 | Lux package | Ebony | Aluminum Crossbows | Chrome Pack | Chrome Tube Steps | Sunroof | Billet Hood Handles | Billet Gas Cap | Rubber Mudder Mats | Mud Flaps | Chrome Mesh Lower Grille Insert | Stainless HUMMER letters | HUMMER Grille Letters | Roof Racks | Roof Marker Lamps | Chrome Door Sills
Old 08-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

My understanding is that there is about a 4% difference between the two. I would be surprised if the dealer is going to massage the deal anymore than accepting the discount on such a hot vehicle. You would always be better selling outright but you are correct that they may try to lowball you since you are getting the discount. You might try going to someplace like CarMax and see what they will give you for it. I sold a car to them a year of so ago and they gave me top dollar even though I wasn't buying anything from them. Good luck.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

bender is off the scale

i paid ~$38,000 with nothing off MSRP

however, the dealer was very generous with my trade and gave me $30,000 for my bimmer where another hummer dealer offered only around $25,000
Old 08-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> i paid ~$38,000 with nothing off MSRP </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you use any GMID?
Black H3 | Lux package | Ebony | Aluminum Crossbows | Chrome Pack | Chrome Tube Steps | Sunroof | Billet Hood Handles | Billet Gas Cap | Rubber Mudder Mats | Mud Flaps | Chrome Mesh Lower Grille Insert | Stainless HUMMER letters | HUMMER Grille Letters | Roof Racks | Roof Marker Lamps | Chrome Door Sills
Old 08-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

GMID is the same as GM Supplier price -- dealers can't change that price, it comes on the invoice.

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 08-02-2005, 01:53 PM

H3wannabe is off the scale

GM just updated GM Supplier Pricing on the Supplier Site as a part of the latest "GM Total Value Promise" promotion on 2006 vehicles. Pricing is as follows:

Base Model: $27,403.19
Adventure: $28,378.96
Lux: $30,204.73

H3wannabe
Old 08-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

So, does this mean that final price on the Lux is $30k plus taxes? That's a fantastic price.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:57 PM

Marc H3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
GMID or GM In the Driveway, is a program GM started a year ago that allows any GM employee (salary or hourly) to obtain two authorization numbers per month for anyone to purchase a GM vehicle. The authorization number cannot be given to anyone who is eligible for the actual GM employee discount. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_blue"> I have to say that you have given one of the best discriptions to a confusing issue. GMS is confused all the time with GM Supplier discounts. Thanks for your post everyone should know the difference now! </span>
Old 08-02-2005, 02:03 PM

Marc H3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cmeinck:
So, does this mean that final price on the Lux is $30k plus taxes? That's a fantastic price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_blue">That would be a very basic lux package. Don't forget you need to add in all the extra options you might want to have... like automatic tranny, chrome packages etc, step assists, sunroof etc etc </span>
Old 08-02-2005, 02:48 PM

Marc H3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer Guy:
GMID is the same as GM Supplier price -- dealers can't change that price, it comes on the invoice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_blue">Below is a scanned copy of a invoice to show you where to locate your GMID/ Supplier discount. It is right under the GMS and below you can see the MSRP. That number is a fixed number. The dealer can't change it.
</span>

<span class="ev_code_black">*Numbers have been edited out to protect the innocent!</span>
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

I'm sorry, but math was never my strong suit. Next to the GMID is .45. The MSRP is 37735.00. How do you get the GMID price.

Thanks so much for all the helpful info. This
forum is great.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:02 PM

H3wannabe is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc H3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cmeinck:
So, does this mean that final price on the Lux is $30k plus taxes? That's a fantastic price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_blue">That would be a very basic lux package. Don't forget you need to add in all the extra options you might want to have... like automatic tranny, chrome packages etc, step assists, sunroof etc etc </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly right, this pricing is with NO options outside of the packages listed.

H3wannabe
Old 08-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jersey Guy:
out standing great deal i dont understand this crap about GMS i just know my wife qualifies for this and she doesnt even work for gm nor is a relative. her company gives an option for GM vehicals and the Ford X plan which i saved about 5000 on my Mustang Cobra .i was as two dealers and they both came up with the same bottom price within $200 or so that came too 3000 off </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jersey guy, as many, including myself have stated, your wife evidently received a GM Supplier discount, which is similar to the Ford X plan.
From what I can gather, you have a lux with off-road; and your stated 3K off relates to a GM Supplier or GMID discount. An actual GMS (GM Employee discount, aka NVPP) would be over 4K off.
Problem with the old terminology for the GM employee discount of GMS, many, including dealers (outside the Detroit area) refer to the Supplier discount as GMS. This is incorrect.

GMS (old terminology for GM Stock), now officially called New Vehicle Purchase Program (NVPP). GM employees or eligible sponsored Dependants.
GM Supplier, any eligible employee of a company that supplies products or services to GM.
GMID (GM in the Driveway), any person who obtains an authorization number from a GM employee for a new vehicle purchase. Discount is the same as the GM Supplier discount. GM employee authorized to give out two GMID authorization numbers per month.

On another note, it is strange, I offered many times to give this discount last month and only one person took me up on the offer. Oh well...
Old 08-02-2005, 03:51 PM

Marc H3 is off the scale

I'm sorry, but math was never my strong suit. Next to the GMID is .45. The MSRP is 37735.00. How do you get the GMID price.

Thanks so much for all the helpful info. This
forum is great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_red">PLEASE NOTE THE * ABOVE IN MY POSTING OF THE INVOICE.</span>

<span class="ev_code_blue">NOTE: I removed the prices to protect the innocent (ME) ! I white outed the actual numbers.</span>