H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-07-2003, 01:27 AM

Road Warrior is off the scale

PhilD - I'm new to the Forum. Can you contact me with the name of your company? I just traded a 2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, 4WD fully loaded for an `03 Lux. Same coverage on insurance, the Expedition was $365/6 months vs. $650/6 months for the H2!! Other companies quoted us from $850-950 for same coverage. Some serious price gouging going on here!
Old 11-07-2003, 11:45 AM

Centerfire is off the scale

I owned a Insurance agency 100 yrs ago before getting into Law Enforcement. THe big key to your premium issue would be the 3 tickets if they are all within 3 years and if you have a chargable accident, Of course your location makea difference too. Insurnace sucks until you need it.

Just try to keep it alittle slower and it will eventually go down. Of course making it to over 25 will help too!.. Then it is all down hell.

Mike<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by argonaut:
You are really getting ripped off with the 2k... I am under 25 and have the H2 insured for 1400. Plus I have three tickets and two claims on my record. The flip side is that I couldn't get insurance on my Bimmers, so I had to put them jointly in my dad's name and insure them through him. Quite a PITA if you ask me. This may, my rates go down big time as I hit the 25 level for the H2, probably around 300 bucks or so because the tickets will be off my record too. I agree that the insurance industry is a huge rip off, and that the effect of offroading claims will be minimal compared to the soccer mom's parking lot fender benders. I have a bit of damage on my truck, but I have no plans of claiming it. That would screw my premium up. Likewise I think the vandalism issue is negligable as well.

Mac, note I was joking in my previous response. Just trying to get your goat, that is all.

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 11-11-2003, 12:55 AM

Road Warrior is off the scale

Thanks for the quick response and welcome. We have Farmers too so I'm not sure what the deal is unless it has to do with our location.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:24 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in New Jersey which proudly boasts having the highest insurance rates in the world and I pay $1,260.00 per year. If you live anywhere other than NJ and pay one cent more than that you are getting the shaft.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards

[This message was edited by Spike on 11-11-03 at 06:35 AM.]
Old 11-11-2003, 12:40 PM

drouke is off the scale

I have Met, my insurance is $4700 a year. I am a step 35. My fellow Taxachussettes residents will know what that is. Having a porsche before my H2 and getting about 8 speeding tickets in the last 3 years hasn't helped.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hum2:
Well Mac:

The insurance industry plays all over these "so called" statistics...like their recent claim that they need to raise SUV rates because SUV's do more damage to other vehicles when in an accident. Bunk! That would be pretty obvious since they weight more/are larger. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What really pisses me off is that the car companies see this and are making SUV's more car friendly in accidents. Hello why would they make a vehicle less safe. Why wouldn't they beef up the cars strength. Reverse engineering.

BTW, don't bother looking at AAA insurance. The Hummer is an unacceptable vehicle. They wouldn't even tell me why. Actually I didn't even try to call them back. I would like to go to the president of AAA and tell him that his vehicle of choice is unacceptable.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:33 PM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

I use AAA and you are right they do not like the H2 very much. if I was goin gto trade in my GMC Van for the H2 they were going to charge me $2k more a year, so I kept the Van and use it as a daily driver and it added $600/year and its good to throw the dingie on when I have to haul it down to the boat.
overall with my tickets, and my mix of cars I am having a hard time finding anything much cheaper

H2 Black Lux, Air Suspension, AEM Intake, soon to be blacked out...
Black 02 Fatboy
300ZX TT 500Hp, 10.5Sec completely Blacked out, Wolfe Sport 600 Turbo, Billet Aluminum FlyWheel, Carbon Claw RPS Turbo Clutch, Dual Pop Intake, HKS Intercoolers/Exhaust