H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Hey Gang,

As some of you may know....GM has a publication that comes out twice a year, it's called
Never even heard of it 21 50.00%
I may have got it, but trashed it quickly 0 0%
I got it, breezed through it, tossed it or will soon toss it 8 19.05%
I have it...somewhere laying around, cute stuff, I keep them 13 30.95%
I keep them all and even display them on my coffee table! (love it) 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2003, 02:33 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

What is his potential MAXIMUM market? my friend Steve is the No.1 Hummer Man in LA/SD, great leadership and organizer, screaming at the top of his lung everyday on this forum asking or begging people in LA/SD to join him/them, that is his standard greeting to every new LA member. I think it is great, I admire that and we are lucky to have him.

But he has to know that there are very few people like him. 4 in the last run, even at the height, there were not many H2s. If he makes a new Hummer magazine he has to know and accept that fact. If you are his true friend, you have a responsibility to make him realize that fact. Sit down and do the math.

Let's not even talk about how to reach 99% H2 owners who don't even want to waste time to visit this forum, distribution, advertising, etc... Phil's 94% H2 off road rate is a clear indication that people on this forum cannot be used as a guage.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:50 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I use Steve as a standard, because he is not a lone ranger. He knows the dealers and Hummer Club, he knows and he attended every Hummer event. He is smart and keep his count or mail list of ALL the H2s he has seen off road. His organizing is at maximum effort, he grab any H2 who is willing to join him. There must be at least 2000 to 4000 H2s sold in LA/SD, but how many H2s off the road? 20? 40? this is very simple and elementary math and logic. If my calcuation formula is wrong, tell me.

Whether I go off road or not, I save Hummer magazine or not is totally irrelevant. We are talking about ALL the H2 owners out there.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:55 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

MAC,

De-Nile ain't just a river in Egypt now is it? You didn't answer my question, not so smoothly I might add, but did throw up plenty of smoke screens.

So, back to the new magazine. Since I don't enjoy looking at rock crawlers in Off-Road mag. but do enjoy looking at and using my H2 and others H2's doing fun stuff I think we have a niche here. You know the type, they make a decent amount of money each year, like to stand out, are leaders and so on. So let's see what these leaders do in their free time. If I had my H2 now while on vacation in Cape Cod I would be posting pics of my drive on Nauset beach with kids, towels, coolers, life jacket (for my 2 year old), as well as fishing poles on top (new roof rack) with hanger rigs (working quite well on the striped bass I might add). We would undoubtedly be pulling my friends bass boat with the H2 and dropping it in Stage Harbor (that's a pic I would like to see in Steve's new mag). You see Mac, it's not just an opportunity to see what an H2 can do but also the opportunity to see what H2 owners do in their free time. The H2 has so many fun and interesting applications. I would love to see an H2 in a parking lot with 2' of snow under it and no other cars in the lot because they simply couldn't get there or maybe an H2 moving over a blocked road in the Hollywood Hills due to heavy rains and a mudslide, or heaven forbid another earthquake hits or other disaster where H2 rescue vehicles are used because of their tremendous power and off-road ability. Steve, this new mag sounds great! Where can I pick one up?
Old 08-04-2003, 05:42 PM

Detonate is off the scale

Let's not forget that some people will buy anything that says HUMMER on it, no matter what it is.

Just look at all the people that bought the H2. Or remember HummerMan's photo of all his H2 loot?

Travis's Hummer Magazine is doing very.

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder
Old 08-04-2003, 09:00 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Buckeye, I don't remember anything you said in your previous email which hasn't been answered, but I'll take a look later on. For now, since you asked for H2 in snow, I'll dutifully post 2 photos of my black Hummer(both in winter), for your enjoyment. I have to go to my pool now, my wife has 5 girlfriends, sisters and their kids coming over for swimming and party till 11PM, our 4th party at home in 7 days, we had over 40 on Saturday night. Guess who clean the pool and set up the toys and do the BBQ? I and me!

Detonate, tell us more about Travis's Hummer magazine. I remembered it was discussed here many months ago, but we or I never heard any news about it, you seem to indicate it is doing very well, guess they don't need to promote it on the forum here. Is it available on the newsstand or subscription? $? how come nobody else mentioned it yet? anybody else seen it, what do you think?
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2003, 01:32 AM

H2Norcal is off the scale

[quote]Originally posted by PhilD:

Disagreement is good, I'd hate to right all the time [END QUOTE]

Once again Phil, well stated. As it sums up this particular thread, I think we are demonstrating here that it could be difficult to simply come up with a magazine that satisfies the entire demographics of the H2 buyer because the reasons for purchasing is very spread out. It may be awhile for someone to spend the bucks to find what everyone is looking for.

I do feel better now that we really didn't disagree after all..
Old 08-05-2003, 02:42 PM
H2 Club DFW Chapter Founder

HummerTeam is off the scale

Mac,

Our Hummer Team / Adventure Team magazine is doing well, however, it is only a regional publication. Mostly Texas, and the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

We have a circulation of 20,000 in this area, and we promote all kinds of outdoor adventure, but mainly Hummer stuff.

We do have plans of expanding, but magazine publishing is tough work, and we want to get about a year under our belt before we take it to a larger national market.

You actually can subscribe to the magazine on our website.

HummerTeam.com
Dallas, Texas
Old 08-05-2003, 03:05 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

HummerTeam, thanks for the update. I know you guys are Hummer professionals with a fleet of Hummers and have been at this for a long time.

Buckeye,
Quote: "De-Nile ain't just a river in Egypt now is it? You didn't answer my question".
I read though your previous emails, but I didn't find any unanswered questions, I think your questions are actually statements. The subject is getting a little old, but if you can specify the actual questions(not statements), I'll be happy to take a look at them later on today and see if I can answer them. Let's stay away from what a Hummer magazine should be like, or if Steve should start another Hummer magazine, our taste is as different as our music and Steve doesn't listen to me anyway. Fire at will.
Old 08-05-2003, 05:28 PM
H2 Club DFW Chapter Founder

HummerTeam is off the scale

I wouldn't call us "Hummer Professionals", but thanks!, we are mainly a local club that happens to have a local magazine. I have been into offroad with my other passion (Jeep) for years. Hummers are pretty new to me as well. We are still trying to make sense of it all.

Our last issue had articles on cigars, wine making, as well as some offroad and technical information, pictures, etc.

It's tough to figure out the "perfect" mix...

HummerTeam.com
Dallas, Texas
Old 08-05-2003, 07:53 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Guys, guys, guys.....

No need to get huffy here. Seems the thread turned a little aggressive earlier. If you will...allow me to cast some illumination onto the subject at hand:

Ealier on MAC likened the starting of a magazine to that of opening up a restaurant: something that has a high probability of failure and financial loss. It is actually out of sincere concern that MAC advises me otherwise. I don't feel it's a vote of ill confidence, but rather that of a friend trying to save me some heartache & agony. MAC had said this long ago and as such to new members of the forum he may have seemed a bit nasty. MAC is an outstanding guy and despite my incessant teasing/joking/humiliation/jaunting/tormenting/slanderous/defying comments directed at MAC...they are all intended as pure fun.

Oh sure...most of you have emailed me on the side and told me what a weiny he is, and that his post are long and drawn-out and that he questionably contributes to the forum in actual knowledge, and that his post are self-serving and tend to promote his success and wealth, AND.....it goes on and on. But MAC is still our brother and we sorta like him. Okay, maybe tolerate, but still.(sorry MAC, it's just too easy)

Before I forget. MAC: you ignorant slut....I certainly do NOT yell at the top of my lungs about my club on a regular basis. You just have to remember that we regularly have new members joining us and they are unaware of our club. I simply announce events so that people will know of them. Your other accusation is that I'll grab any H2 that is willing to join me. WRONG: your exclusion from my club is proof of that inaccuracy

Now seriously. I am simply PART of a collective force that is very interested in putting together a magazine. And even MAC will agree that a wise approach is to research and test your market before getting stupid with large money. I just needed a little feedback about HA (Hummer Adventures).

There is an absolute and definite method to my madness. Let not the absence of information lead you to assume things. Big wheels often turn slow. Rome wasn't built in a day. You can't make turkey jerky without burning down a barn. Something else funny involving MAC.

The only thing you need to know is that there will be a big centerfold and frontal nudity involved. * see details below

*detail: no frontal nudity involved

Oh yeah. I'm really NOT the big-time offroader that everyone thinks I am. Of the near 9,000 miles I've put on my H2, only about 3.2% are "offroad". At one event I picked-up a few brush-rake scratches that I've been assured will buff out. My tires are a bit chapped here and there, but beyond that my rig & MAC's are pretty much identical in condition.

I offroad about once every 3-4 weeks, when I do...I take pics & video and you hear about it. It's just a hobby and an interest.'

MAC, darn you for making me post such a long post!
Old 08-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

"Seems the thread turned a little aggressive earlier." I failed to see anything even close to "Aggressive" in this topic. Are we Hummer owners or AA group session? You got to have a heart as solid as a rock to be a Hummer owner, you don't swing with the crowd nor try to please the others nor try to fit in and you don't change your mind just to belong, you don't go soft and apologize for no obvious reason.
Now, tell me which part(s) above is wrong?
Old 08-06-2003, 12:41 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

huh?
Old 08-06-2003, 05:07 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

My friend, one day you will understand.
Old 08-06-2003, 05:50 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

No my friend....it is YOU who may one day understand....

but alas...you must ascend to the mountain-top: and there's no way you're going to drive up it in your H2, especially with your sidebars. And those loafers couldn't find thier way off the carpeting!
Old 08-06-2003, 05:53 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I only wear cowboy boots.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Hummer Expert

MAC,

Here is what I said:

"How is it this pic appeals to you but the mag Steve is putting together you consider to be a potential flop? I am not sure what to do with that. Please elaborate."

You didn't answer but did write many words of which very few made sense, less were relevant to the topic. Remember, some times less is more. The more you talk/write the more weaknesses are exposed. Frankly, I buy very little of what you say. Much of it appears to be a facade, farce, skit put on to deceive others into believing what isn't true or maybe is a partial truth.

Let's get back to the topic. Maybe we can all give input as to what Steve could/should add to the magazine to help its success. How about another poll Steve asking what people would like to see most in the mag? How much would they pay etc.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

My friend Buckeye is running out of words, the natural course is to get personal and insult, I was waiting for the expected nasty turn, but I admit it came a day later than anticipated, it took longer than I thought for you to turn mean and personal. There are many, such as Spidey etc. is able to read between my lines.

I changed my mind, I think Steve should start a new Hummer magazine. I think it will be a running success right out of the gate, I can just see people lining up to buy his magazine which will be in Vons and Safeway in no time. Steve needs to practice laughing, because he will need to laugh all the way to the bank very often. How about $99 for one year of subscription?

For true friends like Buckeye, it is only fair for Steve to allow them to invest real money into the magazine, there is no joy like putting money where your mouth is. How about invest $10,000?

[This message was edited by MAC on 08-06-03 at 10:17 AM.]
Old 08-06-2003, 07:26 PM
Hummer Expert

MAC, I am fishing with "friends" in Cape Cod. I have known them for 7 years, which definitely qualifies them as such. I met Steve once. He's a nice guy but I wouldn't consider him a friend yet.

I'm sorry you FEEL insulted but you apparently also feel threatened and weak, ergo the recruitment of another board member to come to your rescue. An appeal to authority that has no foundation won't help.

As for the new Hummer Mag, I always start by investing time and ideas before money. When I started my business in 1998 I brought in equity investors but retained 35% ownership. I maintained complete management of the company to get it going in the right direction but never invested any money. When we did become profitable, I made offers to buy out all of the preferred interest and completed the deals in April of this year. So, of course I wouldn't invest $10,000 in a new magazine but I would enjoy being involved, which is certainly worth more than 10k. Besides, 10k doesn't exactly get a magazine off the ground, people do?
Old 08-06-2003, 08:15 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Is it rainning out there? you took precious time from vacation to write hate posts to MAC, it proved that you are thinking about MAC a lot, it takes a lot more energy to write a hateful post than a funny one. I like your resourceful way of negative words of hatred, experienced user indeed. It is very much appreciated. I never got around to check the forum while on vacations, I got to find some time on my next vacation, I get distracted by friends and families, beaches and shopping. This simply proved that you are a far more dedicated forum member than all of us.