H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 10-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

bender is off the scale

don't get all defensive but true HIDs are required by law (DOT) to be auto-leveled. they are, as i said before, a charge applied to Xe- gas within a closed system. if it took you 20 minutes and less than $1000 to put these bulbs in then all you're running is a higher wattage halogen bulb or faux-xenon-ish bulb marketed really well. true HID xenons are very expensive. i had them in my bimmers and they're not like a regular bulb. moreover, they last a lot longer and seldom need to be replaced. there is also this myth that all xenons are blue-ish...wrong. a good xenon system is more pure white and they need to warm up. when you turn them on is the light yellow-ish and dim and then gets a lot brighter and whiter over a minute or so?

true xenons are a different breed of light.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:41 PM

h3\'er is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bender:
don't get all defensive but true HIDs are required by law (DOT) to be auto-leveled. they are, as i said before, a charge applied to Xe- gas within a closed system. if it took you 20 minutes and less than $1000 to put these bulbs in then all you're running is a higher wattage halogen bulb or faux-xenon-ish bulb marketed really well. true HID xenons are very expensive. i had them in my bimmers and they're not like a regular bulb. moreover, they last a lot longer and seldom need to be replaced. there is also this myth that all xenons are blue-ish...wrong. a good xenon system is more pure white and they need to warm up. when you turn them on is the light yellow-ish and dim and then gets a lot brighter and whiter over a minute or so?

true xenons are a different breed of light. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me thinks you don't know what your talking about.

These are true xenons as evidenced by the ballast reqiure to convert the 12volt to 20,000 volts, color has to do with the colr temp of the bulb your order from 3500k for the more yellow to the 8000k for more blue.

These are not DOT approved and most sites selling them will tell you that when you order them.

You take the risk of being stopped and ticketed. But honestly how many cops are going to know the difference? You have to know the DOT codes on the headlight housing.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h3'er:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bender:

true xenons are a different breed of light. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me thinks you don't know what your talking about.

These are true xenons as evidenced by the ballast reqiure to convert the 12volt to 20,000 volts, color has to do with the colr temp of the bulb your order from 3500k for the more yellow to the 8000k for more blue.

These are not DOT approved and most sites selling them will tell you that when you order them.

You take the risk of being stopped and ticketed. But honestly how many cops are going to know the difference? You have to know the DOT codes on the headlight housing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

x2

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 10-28-2005, 12:04 AM

ODAMO is off the scale

Hey wannabeH3 just curious: What grill ya got under the cover there?
Old 10-28-2005, 01:45 AM
Hummer Veteran

bender is off the scale

hey, if i am wrong then i apologize...but i still think they're "psuedo-xenons"

that said, true HID/xenons should auto-level for safety reasons. blinding other drivers is immature. there is a reason why the DOT does not approve of these lights regardless if they're really Xe- gas charged or not.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:46 AM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

bender: yeah man they arenet an HID full system, that would be very expensive, these are just xenon bulbs with ballast and igniters minus the auto leveling and high beam. just a cheap way to get the look and better performance than halogen. You can tell they are true Xenon HID's by the little pole that comes up the side and into the top of the bulb. since these dont auto level, i do immaturely blind people left and right, im tryin to figure out a solution to that, otherwise ill just leave it :P

as for the grill its a kenmore elite i believe and its huge, its got like 6 burners inside the hood, and a bun toaster thing, and then the outside burner.. its great for parties!
Old 10-29-2005, 12:32 AM

ODAMO is off the scale

I thought it was cause I have the same cover over mine. I've had mine for almost a year and it gets used quite a bit. I have the natural gas version & love it. A lot of stainless to keep clean but it looks awesome. When I get my new H3 it will look just as good as yours sittin next to the grill.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Hummer Novice

swissH3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wannabeH3:
they are HID's end of discussion. they look nothing like halogens, the only thing these dont have are the auto levelers. but they are the same lights you would find in any bmw nissan or mini. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They look great. Do they have hi & low?
More importantly, how does you g/f look in a bikini in that light? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...you have to take "bi-xenon", then you have hi&low...
Greetings from Switzerland