H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

trashguy is off the scale

what about doing two tone, i wasnt crazy about it till i saw one at the dealer.looked pretty good in person.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

Microday is an unknown quantity at this point

I have taken my own advise and requested quotes via gmbuypower.com for a new H2 lux. The more I think about the color the more I realize I'm not prepared to spend a lot of money and take the chance that of not being happy in the end. I go back and forth on the Red Metallic, especially after I wash and detail it. The real reason is my wife really doesn't like the color and I will continue to be reminded especially if we spend the money on new paint. If I start over with either Black or Desert Sand, colors that she likes, then I'm pretty sure I will be better off. We see what how the pricing comes back. If the difference is to high then I will spend the money on chrome and live with my wife.

Thanks for all the responses.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Dragon my partner can tell You more about it. We are working with some dealers to do two tone for them. Since My Buddy? could not keep quite I'll explain a little more. Bryan has been in the tuner, rice rocket etc. business for awhile and started from stratch, He is 25. He does anything custom to a car, motorcycle, anything golf carts even, He does. He has a Toyota Celica GT that just won radical div. in Lawton, OK but he has more trophies than We can put on the showroom floor. Right now Celica is stripped bare because He decided it was time for something a little different. That with winning all the time at almost every show he went to, OK his ride. He is also putting a turbo on it so We can race when mine is finished. He is a perfectionist and that is why he is know state wide and outside the state in the tuner world. He is building a Tiburon for My daughter that looks like it should be no place but, on a road race track but, We are keeping power stock. She wants to go to SCCA school so We'll see.

He will tell You from what We have done to H2 so far and still have to do let's just say everyone that has been in it cannot believe it when they cannot lean forward. The first few runs before I got use to it the rig almost tore the steering wheel out of My hands twice. It concerned Me let's say as I usually do not have fear of anything. We are only about half way there on power as I picked up a tuning company as sponsor so it will get better. I was surprised when I saw the new Ultimate Hummer mag and the rig that is working to be the fastest Hummer challenge. As I sit without good tuning let's say, I'm way faster than it by a mile according to the numbers reported and so is KenP. You never know though anything is possible when they are finished and I'm finished I'll line up with Him for the fun of it even if I get waxed. I'll take any challenge.
I have old and new school drag racers working on My rig. They know ever trick in the book and if I have to change heads etc. I'll do that. Dealer said go for it I do not want a rig I sold to not be the best at anything. Warranty no problem.

Bryan builds sub boxes custom and lays carbon fiber. Not pre shaped but, He does it from sheets. I watched i would not have the patience to do it and some time He has to put it into something where He can pull a vacuum around it to make it mold to the part. He will not say anyhting on here that he does not know something about well and has the resource to show You. He just decided He wanted to help guys here and is a very humble young man. He is a Hummer nut by adoption and has actually drove mine in the last 2 months more than Me. I met Him last Year at a small show that both of Us lost to a antigue truck and car from a father and son team. Me in the truck class and He in the car class. They only had 2 div. it was for fund to raise money for a Church to build a youth center and then We found out We went to the same Church of several thousand so it is hard to get to know everyone but, it hurt to lose anyway. In Our defense the judges were real old guys and they picked what they liked for real old guys. Anyway We started talking about what He was doing and I told Him i was going to start a custom Hummer shop that did eveything to putting in an engine to stripping it out and painting pink. So We did it together with 2 different types of shops but, it amased Me how much everything is the same except everything on th H2 is just way bigger when You take it apart.

We can do almost anything electronically in either end of the business as they have mixed into one really. My rig right now is on a lift with the whole rear undercarage out and getting chromed or painted stealth. We talked to others in the show world and We were told do not buy bolt on. Chrome Your trailing arm bars etc. You get way higher scores than if You just bolt something on. They look to see how much physical work You put into it. So it will take about 2 months to finsh i hope as I have a huge show in Texas as does Bryan in late July that We both are trying for. I said I'm not rushing the only show in My sights right now is the HGW show in PITT. 8/12-13. Nothing else matters and We are going to take Our whole shop to that one. It is taking a week and next is the front and it will take a week and then the engine bay will take a week. At the same time Bryan is building a sub and amp system and We are working with a friend to build the 12" touchscreen and PC when He gets caught up. Bryan is making the center console to let the 12" fit. It is tight. having to move the traction buttons over about a 1/2" and move the cigs one on each side and 1 under the traction buttons, WE hope. BLOWNZ06 is near finfishing the HUD. He emailed Me today and has got everything going but a few things yet to figure out. I have 3 companies who are sponsors wanting to use My rig at SEMA so i do not know how to handle that yet. I do not want to make one angry. Oh well it will work out.

Dragon has kept a low profile and watched and reading to see how things work and the protocal that goes on. I hope You welcome Him as He knows things that can really be of help and if he does not He will find it out. He is a great young Man use the knowledge He has been gaining for most of His life. He is a very big Hummer fan and the whole shop is that way and now besides Dragon's car which He doesn't really let anyone touch, the shop all wants to work on the H2.
So We have added to Our ranks of Hummer lovers even though they do not have one except they all say Mine is theirs. Realy the induction and head mechanic will not let anyone work on it but him or if they are helping Him. he keeps the keys locked up and if anyone gets near it I guess he watchs it out of the corner of his eye but, they get a big chewing.

We had a paint company come to Bryan and ask if they could be His paint company because of the perfection Bryan reqires and it is just the way the shop guys are also. Anyway they are taking everything full or empty and all the equip. and bringing theres. They are most likely going to be a sponsor on my or Our show H2 since Bryan has now adopted it as His also. There is some High dollar paint We need so Bryan figures He will get it out of them easily.
Well I just wanted to explain a little more what My Buddy tossed out there.
WE have two sites for custom work so that You can get number to call.
HUMMERcustoms.com and MotorSportsAuthority.com
HC is a front page and being built but, gives an idea of what We do and a number for advice etc. and the MSA site is up and runs although We are having it rebuilt because it cannot hold the 6000 plus parts We have for tuner cars etc.

So if We can be of help We will be proud to.
WE will and repeat WILL NOT step into Jason turf. WE get business without trying to even think about doing anything in His area. I'm getting My first Sport Star H2 rebuild of a 2006 in August and then it will be Katie bar the door, I hope. If Jason does not have something You need We will have Our site up as soon as possible but, only if Jason does not have it. I know what He has and doesn't. My counter guy will have a list and I do not need business enough to take Jason. I admire and appreciate what He has done for Us. There are many guys here who builds things and We do the same. We believe if You can think of it We will find some way to build it. We have as good a force induction mechanic as I have seen anywhere. He is designing the turbo system for the Colorado in His spare time. I just hope We can hang on to Him and He does not get hired away. Well We have lot's of Pics of things We have done and if You out of curiousity would like to see PM Bryan and We can get them to You.
Call if You have questions about something or looking for something You are having a hard time finding.
Thanks Everyone and welcome Dragon He is very good people.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 07-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Dragon can give You more advice on painting issue, really. PM Him.
But, if Your wife likes Desert Sand that color can be added to clear to bring the 2 colors together. Remember Dragon can take Your color and play with it and at least help You look at different things. You can add as much or as little flake to the clear as You want. Then You have a custom paint job that most likely no one else has. It can be decided on before paint is ever mixed, no cost to You for Us to help. WE are not saying let Us do it just We want to help You. Once We help You figure the color problem most any good painter, which all You have to do is ask around, Dragon will have the formula already figured and You tell a good painter here is My idea and here is how I want it mixed etc. and what the brand of paint used to figure formula, there is a difference, You have to find a painter who is not prideful and willing to take suggestions. In fact You can have Him paint it on a larger piece of metal like a hood that most likely He has laying around. Tell Him You want it sprayed onto Your red He most llikely has something very close in stock. He may want money to cover paint He buys but, He can get it in small amounts. If He has a good relationship He may get it free just by telling them He is trying something for a customer and need to test. I guess alot of it is if You want new do that and do not let anyone talk You out of it. If You cannot get a good deal on trade there are ways to make the red look great I promise. But, the main thing is Your happiness and that can be tested without ever shooting a drop of paint on Your rig. Test paint something with Your wife their. There are allot of body guys who are very nice and proud of their work. If it takes a little extra to make sure the customer is going to be happy He will gladly do it. Like We tell Our customers We want You happy cause the bad news travels faster than good news. We wish Our customers would go out and rave about the work We did for them but, for some reason the happy people just keep quiet but, unhappy scream it.

I wish We were near where We could help You figure it out. PM Dragon if You want or call the office at 501-327-MODS and ask for Bryan. We have a Ryan He takes care of counter and ordering and shipping. So be sure and say Bryan clearly
We are in Conway, Arkansas just 45 minutes from the international and yes We do have an international airport.
After thinking about two tone the desert sand could be used on top part for the 2 tone. It can be adjusted in shade of paint.
WEll just like to help but, do what makes the family happy. let Dragon know if We can help You decide by testing ideas. Even make arrangements to email Him a Pic of Your ride and He canload it to play with and email ideas back.
IN fact the dealers are 2 toning Desert sand with a darker color on top and I do not see why it would not work with the red on bottom and desert on top.
TAZ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Microday:
I have taken my own advise and requested quotes via gmbuypower.com for a new H2 lux. The more I think about the color the more I realize I'm not prepared to spend a lot of money and take the chance that of not being happy in the end. I go back and forth on the Red Metallic, especially after I wash and detail it. The real reason is my wife really doesn't like the color and I will continue to be reminded especially if we spend the money on new paint. If I start over with either Black or Desert Sand, colors that she likes, then I'm pretty sure I will be better off. We see what how the pricing comes back. If the difference is to high then I will spend the money on chrome and live with my wife.

Thanks for all the responses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges