H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 03-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
You still on break, or did you get it done? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh, I've been installing my ultra redneck underbody lights.

I've got the light installed I just need to wire up the relay, which absolutely no one in this town seems to know what one is. I tried calling and having my wife drop by to pick it up and the auto parts places insist on knowing what make model and year vehicle the part is for.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
You still on break, or did you get it done? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Damn, I guess I'll have to go wire it up after my break.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Banned

I've got a Beuler 12V 40/50A in my hand, you want me to send it to you? Even got the one piece connector with pigtails for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Cool, but no, thanks. I picked up 3 relays. And I'll redneck engineer some pigtails and make a one piece connector out of electrical tape.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
...make a one piece connector out of electrical tape. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't forget to keep a fire extinguisher near it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Liquid electrical tape. Bigger chance of initial fire but cool once you get done with it. You know, the plastic dip stuff.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:37 PM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

If it catches fire...just pour some water on it!!!

Disclaimer: Never pour water on an electrical fire!

Ric-H0
Old 03-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RIC-H0:
If it catches fire...just pour some water on it!!!

Disclaimer: Never pour water on an electrical fire!

Ric-H0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Can I pour water on a 12v electrical fire?
Old 03-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Banned

Ok, I'll take part of the blame on this one but dammit, I still didn't get the right relays. I asked dude if they were single pole, double throws, he looked at me funny, and then asked if they had an 87a post. He said yes and said look there are 5 posts. Ok, there are indeed five.

Damn double pole, single throw pieces of crap. Had me wiring and rewiring and throwing **** at the truck only to look on the back of the box of one of the others to see two 87 poles.

So, I said screw it and ordered these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/30-40-AMP-BOSCH-TYPE-REL...8043175579QQtcZphoto If I need one 10 must be better.

along with some other things from there to make my remote unlock for my secure storage in the back work.

At least the wiring is done. All I have to do now is redo all of the wiring since the new relays will have their own connectors with pigtails.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Banned

I can send the one I have here if you want, no problem, just LMK </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks again. I am wired up and ready to go. I rigged a switch into it for now.

I decided to take off my 4 bling bling ghetto underbody lights and rattle can them black so they don't stick out so bad. I have them mounted on the side of the frame and they are LED, so I am going to see how easy it is to rip one of them off come next week in Tellico.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:22 AM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
I decided to take off my 4 bling bling ghetto underbody lights and rattle can them black so they don't stick out so bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Black lights? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Lens and all