H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-31-2006, 03:06 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Racer-X:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I use this......duh

I saw that stuff a few day ago while on his site finally ordering my tire deflators. Reading it it didn't really sound like a cleaner. It said wash the suspension, let it dry and then spray the stuff on. Sounds more like a cover up to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it's not a cleaner. On a clean suspension, spray it on, let it dry. Get super muddy rinse and repeat.

It just keeps that icky wierd film from building up on the undercarriage. Doesn't have that haze to it.

I was going to offer to ship it to you Dennis, but you know who just had to be a buttinski.

I do like the product.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

I've got the magic potion that only the rare few and lucky even know of. It works amazingly on plastic, metal, chrome, and even paint. It will remove brake dust with ease, remove oxidization with ease, it will polish aluminum to look like chrome, it will make chrome look like a mirror, it will totally restore paint to look better than new and even take out scratches in paint and even remove any and all rub marks and in the paint - even removes tree sap or bird **** with one swipe. My sis had some ******* bump her bumper on her 2003 conv Beetle which left a nasty black rub mark - she thought it was permanent in the paint (she tried to clean it with no success) - one quick wipe with this magic **** took the rub mark out.

I us it on the Hummer every weekend when I do my thorough cleaning, and us it on my Indian Chief bike (this stuff makes my chrome hard to look at without sunglasses). Occassionaly I even use it on my wifes Montana van - this is a sure guarantee guys!

Now, what are you willing to pay me to share it. Do I hear $5??

OK, I'll share. It is FLITZ (and no I have no affiliation to it) . I bought this stuff at a discount hardware store in Toronto a few years ago not knowing anything about it. I was absolutely amazed at what this stuff did. Unfortunately, I have since never seen this stuff in stores ever since, even here in Vancouver where I now live. I do see infomercials for it on tv, and it is available on their website or ebay - but trust me this stuff is GOOD! A tube similar in size to toothpaste is rather expensive ($15), but it really lasts a long time.

Try it, I'm sure you will love it too.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Hummer Authority

GLBLWARMR is an unknown quantity at this point

As Carlos Mencia would say, "Pay a Mexican to do it!!"
2013 Victory Cross Country
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
Old 03-31-2006, 06:36 PM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point

I got some flitz to remove a scratch i left on a 1911 handgun , i havent tried it yet but i got it at the gunshop, so if u guys cant find it at a hardwear store try ur local gun shop, i found a website to be pretty informative on detailing called AUTOGEEK.NET they sell some products on there but also give u tips on detailing
Old 03-31-2006, 06:45 PM
Hummer Professional

DH22G is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by GLBLWARMR:
As Carlos Mencia would say, "Pay a Mexican to do it!!"
Mencia is awesome!
03 H2 White... too much to list
2003 Malibu Wakesetter VLX -READY FOR THE SUN
Old 03-31-2006, 07:16 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I use the yellow peeps ad nauseum to detail mine.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:32 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

What works the best on the interior to clean the black scuff marks that are left by the little turdlens and thier friends?

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 04-01-2006, 04:01 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by DH22G:
i use my own pressure washer. meguiers car soap. for wheels and i have big chromes ill use turtle wax wheel cleaner spray. its in a neon green bottle along with a hand brush.. all works awesome and gets them real shiney. obviously you have to dry them (i use a beach towel) then you can use glass cleaner such as windex or i have found to be the best for wheels and windows(especially tinted windows) is this glass cleaner from costco. its in a baby blue bottle with clouds on it. it is good for tint because it is amonia free. i also wax my wheels every month just like you would the paint. i use xymol for my wax. same products used on my 360. good for that thing.. awesome for the h i will also use my orbital buffer best $60 ever spent. makes a wax only a quarter the time. every 3-6 months i will clay bar the truck with mothers clay bar kit. keeps the swirls down and helps condition the paint for wax(which i applied directly after the claybar) for the bling days i use the spray can of TRIMSHINE its got a yelloy top. easy to apply and not too shiney if you dont want it to be. For the interior i use the little green machine its a mini steam cleaner. but otherwise will vacuum out the interior and use LEXOL cleaner and conditioner on the seats. makes them soft like a glove and keeps their strength. for the dash using armorall and that seems about it.
ill spray the truck then use the pressure washer to apply the soap then use the super soft gloves to scrub it and then respray.

tire dressing i have decided that meguires hot shot spray is awesome because you can adjust the spray nosel large med or small so it makes it easier to do the big 37in tires. hope this all helps.

(dont forget to wax your roof every month!!! especially if you have black!!)
You're hired! How soon can you get mine done?
Old 04-01-2006, 06:13 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by DDWH:
What works the best on the interior to clean the black scuff marks that are left by the little turdlens and thier friends?
Black interior. No wheat.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:18 AM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by DDWH:

Tim said he's got some great skidmark remover that he uses on his seats too.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:27 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by CO Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DDWH:

Tim said he's got some great skidmark remover that he uses on his seats too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>TIDE doesn't work that well on leather.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point

for the scuffs on the interior , i just got some lexol VINYLX it is in a blue bottle and it works well on interior, it is a cleaner and protectant which is cool cuz almost all products ive came across are just protectants and ony "cover" deep stains but this **** got out some dip spit stains from when i spilled my spitter lookin at a hot chick next to me while driving lol it has a sunscreen it to prevent fading also
Old 04-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Alec, I thought you just smoked. I didn't realized you dipped too.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

rifle is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by DennisAJC:
Rent this movie. Tons of tips.

I am still painting the fence
Old 04-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

Mine is simple. It's the laser wash down the street.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale

I'm going to try using the Flitz powerball thingy on my rims. They've got some oxidation on them I guess, and it takes quite a bit of rubbing with wax and cloth to make it come off. I find that the Maguires wax works well for me, though I might try to Flitz stuff that removes scratches because I have yet to find something that works well.