H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-04-2005, 12:33 PM

TootsSUT is off the scale

fox,

Is there a reason to buy a lifted one over just a stock H2?

\'05 Black SUT LUX/ADV package
Old 10-04-2005, 12:48 PM

I do offroad. I just recently figured out what these Hummers can do. Don't really know if it needs to be lifted to do most things however. I would not lift it myself. I would buy one lifted but here are a couple of questions.

Does the lift help for sand, mud? Is there a higher roll-over ratio? Does it still have the same clearance even though it's lifted due to the wheels being in the same spot? Etc.

Thanks!!

Old 10-04-2005, 12:57 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfox:
Does the lift help for sand, mud? <span class="ev_code_BLUE">YES, more clearance and the bigger tires give better floatation</span>

Is there a higher roll-over ratio? <span class="ev_code_BLUE">YES, but the wider tires can help with this</span>

Does it still have the same clearance even though it's lifted due to the wheels being in the same spot? <span class="ev_code_BLUE">No, bigger tires = more clearance and the breakover angle can be MUCH better</span>

However, I think anything over a 6" lift is a bit too much for a truck that is going to go off-road and really get used.

S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I was looking for!! Thanks so much!! I think I might go with the '05 at $51,000.

Old 10-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jennifer:
That's what I was looking for!! Thanks so much!! I think I might go with the '05 at $51,000. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What goodies are on this one and is it new or used?

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-04-2005, 01:27 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jennifer:
That's what I was looking for!! Thanks so much!! I think I might go with the '05 at $51,000. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What goodies are on this one and is it new or used? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's used by about 2 months. Here are the details.

A friend of mine is a sales manager at a major dealership here. He just purchased it after selling his other one. I think the dealership is giving him a hard time.

It has a nav, bose speakers, sunroof, very low low mileage (obviously), third seat, adventure package w/ compressor and lift, tow, four steps. It's black and practically brand new. He is going to put in the DVD player for me at no cost. He has to sell it for $51,000. It's a little less than what he owes on it.

I'm probably forgetting some things. Why? Are you interested also?? What are the new ones going out at these days?? Don't even know anymore!

Old 10-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

Jim_Cantore is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks great Dude.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:32 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim_Cantore:
Looks great, Doll. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, I think you made a typo!

Old 10-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

A friend of mine is a sales manager at a major dealership here. He just purchased it after selling his other one. I think the dealership is giving him a hard time.

It has a nav, bose speakers, sunroof, very low low mileage (obviously), third seat, adventure package w/ compressor and lift, tow, four steps. It's black and practically brand new. He is going to put in the DVD player for me at no cost. He has to sell it for $51,000. It's a little less than what he owes on it.

I'm probably forgetting some things. Why? Are you interested also?? What are the new ones going out at these days?? Don't even know anymore! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reason I ask is because new Lux '05s were going for just under $50K during the employee pricing program. You might be able to get a brand new one for that. I haven't priced any recently so don't know for sure but worth checking into.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-04-2005, 01:37 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:

I'm probably forgetting some things. Why? Are you interested also?? What are the new ones going out at these days?? Don't even know anymore! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reason I ask is because new Lux '05s were going for just under $50K during the employee pricing program. You might be able to get a brand new one for that. I haven't priced any recently so don't know for sure but worth checking into. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will!!! Thanks!! I always look at used '03s. Never kept up with the '05 prices.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:20 PM

chicka_nj is off the scale

Not to change the subject...but hey Jen, I see you're from Chatsworth. NJ right? Did you ever try that ATV/dirtbike park near you? do they allow trucks there as well? - Ronnie (for Veronica, not a dude!)
Old 10-05-2005, 11:13 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chicka_nj:
Not to change the subject...but hey Jen, I see you're from Chatsworth. NJ right? Did you ever try that ATV/dirtbike park near you? do they allow trucks there as well? - Ronnie (for Veronica, not a dude!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chicka,

Is there a Chatsworth, New Jersey?

Nope. Chatsworth, California. Sorry.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:24 AM

chicka_nj is off the scale

Oh, beautiful California....lucky you! You have tons of places to ride. New Jersey... How funny.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Hummer Professional

HoKC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">....Reason I ask is because new Lux '05s were going for just under $50K during the employee pricing program. You might be able to get a brand new one for that. I haven't priced any recently so don't know for sure but worth checking into. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

51,000 for a used 05 is WAY TOO much. Like HummerNewbie said the Employee Price on a Unit like that would have been around 50,000 for it brand new. Used it is worth at least several grand less just because it is used.

If you have the VIN # I can tell you exactly what it was.