H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-18-2003, 03:34 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

Chief

Nice clean set up.. They look like the heavier Radio Shack switches.. I had planned to do a similar set up, have the switches. Whenever I can get all my lights in order.. Still prefer to mount the lights outside. ( Concerned with drilling holes in the interior)..

Question for you Sir: The strobe pack under the carpet. Have you had any issues with heat. And do you run the packs very long or shut them down when you get on the scene. I've had heat issues with strobe packs in the past ,, when on a scene for extended time.. This is on of my primary reasons for going LED.

Again nice overall set up.

Mike<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2mike:
The main switch panel is located on the console. The first 4 control the strobes and LED's. The 5th one is hard wired to the siren control box. This is so I can just flip the switch and the siren comes on. No playing around with multiple switches and an ugly control box. The box is modified and tucked up under the dash(cannot be seen!!).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-18-2003, 03:38 PM

Chief

which siren box did you go with.. And by motified what did you do.. Are you able to rotate thru the various Whelp, phaser, hi-lo or are you sticking with one pattern. I forgot to ask in my previous ?.. Hell a Crown vic is a breeze to do especially if it isn't yours. But the H2 now this is a little different.

Thanks again

Mike<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2mike:
The main switch panel is located on the console. The first 4 control the strobes and LED's. The 5th one is hard wired to the siren control box. This is so I can just flip the switch and the siren comes on. No playing around with multiple switches and an ugly control box. The box is modified and tucked up under the dash(cannot be seen!!).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-18-2003, 07:54 PM

Dick

I just ordered two WL39"s from www.lshlights.com The pricing was good , the service is excellant so far. They are out of stock and will have them to me the 1st week of January.. Then I can finally get my H2 set up .

Mike
Old 12-18-2003, 09:48 PM

H2mike is off the scale

Mike,

I understand what you mean about the mounting(drilling holes). The only holes in the interior were the LED bars in the rear. The front strobe is help by double-sided tape.

The strobe pack under the carpet has never had a heat problem. I do leave it on the entire time I am on scene. The pack I have is made by NOVA. I have had no problems with this manufacturer. I have had multiple problems with Whelen packs...very sensitive to moisture.

The siren control was taken apart and the power wire was soldered direct. I also trimmed part of the box and wafer board to get it into position. I chose 1 selection (yelp) and directly soldered the switched output of the toggle switch to that point. If I had a 2-way toggle switch, I could have used it to select 2 tones. The reason I connected the siren this way, is because I have 1 to many things to do when I am responding (radio, cell phone, driving, etc.) and I figured that flipping the switch when I need it is the easy way out.

I will be adding more strobes, soon, to the unconnected wires up front. Cant leave them hangin!

Mike - Station 38 Fire Chief -
'03 Sunset, Lux, Sunroof, Air Suspension, HID's, eXtreme Tubes w/ 4 PIAA's, Warn 9.5ti winch, SMA HD Brush Gaurd w/ 2 PIAA 525's, SMA Valance w/ PIAA 520's, Stainless HUMMER Inserts, Gibson SS Headers, Corsa SS Sport exhaust, Husky Liners, 12 Hide Away Strobes, Whelen Dash Dual Strobe, 2 Whelen LED bars, Remote Mount Motorola Low Band, Sho-Me/Whelen Siren, XM Radio
\'03 Sunset, Lux, Sunroof, Air Suspension, HID\'s, eXtreme Tubes w/ 4 PIAA\'s, Warn 9.5ti winch, SMA HD Brush Gaurd w/ 2 PIAA 525\'s, SMA Valance w/ PIAA 520\'s, Stainless HUMMER Inserts, Gibson SS Headers, Corsa SS Sport e
Old 12-18-2003, 09:54 PM

Thanks.. I think I'm going to switch to the remote Federal siren box.. I have to read the instructions again. I believe I can use one toggle switch and hard wire to operate the tone change thru the factory horn button. I agree on playing with switches on the way to a scene, just avoiding the traffic is bad enough, especially when going in an undercover vec. Thanks again.

MIke
Old 12-19-2003, 12:45 AM
Hummer Veteran

Dick Renaud is off the scale

And these guys think off-roading is a challenge. They need to do an emergency call during rush hour on icy roads. My hair gets grayer with every one. Thirty years of police calls and Thirty-two years of fire calls. There are no dark hairs on my head.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:56 PM

Yep.. No problem going balls to the wall on a run, just can't bring myself to take my H2 where it will get hurt.

Mike