H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Great, just great. A dozen replies -- not a single answer. Why is it all of my posts are treated as big jokes by all of you? I am genuinely upset abt my truck here!!

The H2 is at the dealer as of this morning. Today is one day I'm complaining abt LA's perfect weather, as the ROAR will not kick in if it doesn't get warm enough outside (its 75degrees now).

Bad Dawg, my condolence on your loss. Rather than the Dmax, you should get Breathless' 750 hp H2. Its only $69K!

Det, I reached 100mph on the flat stretch right outside Vegas (got to play tag with a black H2 ). Its the incline that's a prob.

timgco, I am asking the mighty Mike at Cerritos to personally tear apart my H2..

kdio, you are as bad as KenP -- always showing off your sc! You know, I've heard that many sc owners r actually trying to compensate for lack of...

Texas Red, 80mph is not enough when a minivan, then a pos sedan high-beamed you from behind to pass!!

austoak, Dan, my beauty queen is so slim & trim I can carry her with one hand...

Drty, a guy at Cerritos Hummer wants to buy my custom-made bling-bling beauty just this morning. No joke! In Vegas, I got shot by many tourists' cameras! I'll post photo for your flaming enjoyment soon.

Hey, wasn't it you who managed to get GM to take your first one back as a lemon? This would be the 5th or 6th time I'm bringing in mine for the same ROAR problem. Instruction please!
Old 05-20-2004, 11:10 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2Finally:
austoak, Dan, my beauty queen is so slim & trim I can carry her with one hand...
... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe her open mouth is causing too much drag?
Old 05-21-2004, 01:04 AM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Have you checked the air filter lately? Sounds like a plugged one!
Old 05-21-2004, 01:56 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Dan, glad you said that. I was thinking about something one might pick up at 7-11 .

Seriously, it sounds as if you were in third.
The truck is not happy. What percent is the grade of the hill. It sounds as if it is long and constant. The truck would downshift and never upshift.

Of course, it could be a "module". I think they all break.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:06 AM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

Well when the speed limit is 55, you shouldn't be going that fast.....LOL yeah the Baker grade is pretty step, but I have hit around 85 going up it.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:06 AM
Hummer Authority

The question is was the 85mph by choice or by limit? I thought the truck should've DOWN shifted when I told it I want more power. 3500 RPM seemed low -- the truck should be able to hit 5000rpm for a short burst of power when my foot reached the bottom of the pedal??

I'll know tomorrow what the verdict is. I would welcome air filter or xyz module problem rather than be told, "oh that's normal performance & noise for the H2"!!
Old 05-21-2004, 09:54 AM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

I can't read the rpm on the pic, and with no grade indication it doesn't mean much.

I was just thinking that if it was already in 3rd (due to grade) and was already at 3500 and 80 mph, the computer may not let it shift down into 2nd no matter how hard you floored it -- and for good reason.

With the H2 I have also seen marked influence of headwind versus tailwind too. The H2 is a block pushing a lot of air at 80 mph on the straight and level.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:05 AM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you running a performance tune from a programmer, or is your truck running the stock programming?
Old 05-21-2004, 02:19 PM
Hummer Authority

Klaus, my 04 has the "updated" programming done by dealer. At cool weather (when the fan clutch did not come in play), the improvement from stock is quite remarkable. Imo, if everyone bothered to update their programming, programmers will be out of business soon.

But the ROAR prob occurs quite a while before that.

AlecW, I hit 100mph too at the straight level stretch. It's the incline thats problematic.

TexasRed, most prob it was already at 3rd due to grade, since when I downshift manually, it made no diff. The prob is as I said, a minivan and sedan passed me easily. Perhaps I should just drive slower . Or perhaps I really should just get my sc now .
Old 05-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

I have driven the same route many times and it is a steep, long grade. My H2 would constantly hunt back and forth for gears and it drove me nuts too. That was the main reason I supercharged mine! Now you can fly up the same grades and not worry about having anyone pass you if you are so inclined I have done 100+ on the Baker grade.
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:26 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Bill, H2F really wants a SC bad. The only problem is the little lady. In his defense he has tried several times with the same result...
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2004, 04:10 PM
Hummer Professional

Ahhhhhh....NOW I understand. Tell her that you will get better mpg's (if you can keep your foot out of it)! She needs to know that it will be well worth it.. it's much easier to get out of the way of other fast moving vehicles, which is especially important if you have childred with you...she can get home from the mall faster so that you won't know where she has been...you won't have to spend as much time couped up in the H2 with the screaming kids because you can go much faster....
Old 05-21-2004, 07:13 PM
Hummer Authority

LOL! You guys crack me up!

Ken, that photo is priceless -- have called my precious princess by many names -- but "my lioness" is new!

H2 Bill, perhaps next time we ended up in a SoCal event, you'd let my wife drive in your sc'd H2 to really appreciate the "time-saving" feature..

Update: tech said looks like my fan clutch engages "longer than normal" or "stuck".
Old 05-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Hummer Professional

H2Finally, it would be my pleasure! It would probably be the trick in letting you get one.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:41 PM
Hummer Authority

Thanks for the offer Bill!
Old 05-22-2004, 11:20 PM
Hummer Authority

Update:

No Power: Air bypassing MAF due to improperly installed air duct at throttle body -- fixed

Roar: Cooling fan clutch binding -- replaced (#3 in 3 months!)

Told you guys I WASN'T CRAZY!!

Now waiting hot weather to test everything...