H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-24-2005, 03:30 AM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

I like the slantbacks in the pics.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:11 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

There are companies that are already making and selling flat covers. I forget who it is but, i have seen several SUT's around Our area with them on.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 11-24-2005, 04:22 AM
Hummer Expert

Beastmaster is off the scale

Actually, I wouldn't mind a H2 SUT Slantback. It would match up with this:

That would be a killer pair!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
First of all, Firm is a bigot.

Second, I'd love to have a slantback. Then I could pose as an H1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 11-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NJ H2:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oooo, an air horn tank!
Old 11-24-2005, 01:32 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

I just cannot get into the slant back. However, if they made a cap like rear cover that matched the SUV...that I would get in to!
Old 11-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Once my H3 build is done, you can guys can use my SUT if you want. LOL, I am in Denver though.
I did find and install on this somewhere (I can't remember were though). Anyhow, they removed the plastic on the backside and attached where all the marker lights go and than to the bed rails. I know of three that were built and that they are were all custom according to that manufact. company in Canada. The hardest part would be to have rear window efroster elements and rear wiper to make it practical. If it were to snow or ice up, you would have no rearward visibility. I had a shop in Denver quote me $8500 to do it without the wiper/defroster and three weeks of my truck being tied up. I think even at $5K would be hard to market these. IT is something custom and at this point there are ZERO companies with plans to do this with such a limited market. I'm not sure on how many SUT's have been sold, but my guess is not enough to mass produce????

The CANBACK would be another cool option too. I think it would be way cheaper to make and more functional. Canvas, fittings and some AL. and your done. Again, that protoyype was never realized and could be easily.
Canback Thread
Old 11-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Hummer Expert

Your rear view is practially destroyed anyways. With the rear tire carrier, and the reflectivity of two glass elements (the rear window AND the slanted glass of the hatch), you have literally zero view of the back.

Trust me on that one - Both Carey Harkness and I have really good experience with bad visibility and slantbacks. A wiper will help minimally, and a defroster element would make it impractical to take the slantback shell off and on.

If you were to make the shell weathertight AND insulated (for noise reduction and temp control), you could remove the midgate window to help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
Once my H3 build is done, you can guys can use my SUT if you want. LOL, I am in Denver though.
I did find and install on this somewhere (I can't remember were though). Anyhow, they removed the plastic on the backside and attached where all the marker lights go and than to the bed rails. I know of three that were built and that they are were all custom according to that manufact. company in Canada. The hardest part would be to have rear window efroster elements and rear wiper to make it practical. If it were to snow or ice up, you would have no rearward visibility. I had a shop in Denver quote me $8500 to do it without the wiper/defroster and three weeks of my truck being tied up. I think even at $5K would be hard to market these. IT is something custom and at this point there are ZERO companies with plans to do this with such a limited market. I'm not sure on how many SUT's have been sold, but my guess is not enough to mass produce????

The CANBACK would be another cool option too. I think it would be way cheaper to make and more functional. Canvas, fittings and some AL. and your done. Again, that protoyype was never realized and could be easily.
Canback Thread </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 11-24-2005, 03:42 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beastmaster:
Your rear view is practially destroyed anyways. With the rear tire carrier, and the reflectivity of two glass elements (the rear window AND the slanted glass of the hatch), you have literally zero view of the back.

Trust me on that one - Both Carey Harkness and I have really good experience with bad visibility and slantbacks. A wiper will help minimally, and a defroster element would make it impractical to take the slantback shell off and on.

If you were to make the shell weathertight AND insulated (for noise reduction and temp control), you could remove the midgate window to help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:

Canback Thread </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, can you post a couple fo pics on your slantback and how it securs tiself to the truck? Also a couple pics of it opened?
Old 11-24-2005, 05:02 PM
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon's Avatar
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is offline
Hummer Professional

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by firm:
looks like an aztec </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry to those who like it, but i'll have to ditto this statement.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by firm:

sorry to those who like it, but i'll have to ditto this statement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Go change a diaper.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Hummer Authority

Dragon just does not like the look but, after or over the weekend when I get to go see Dragon jr. i will kick it arond. I know onething he can asimate the cost to do somehting as about as good as anyone i have known. But, I will get Him to look really at doing.

Would someone start a poll as to how many We have that would be interested in this if We did it. Once We figured the process Dragon wanted to use he can get the numbers real close and see if it can be done with a low enough price for others to wan to buy it but, they would all be hand built.
Dragon informed me We did get a chance to pick up with a plactics ijection molding company that We need for other projects so We may see what cod happen there.
Someone do a poll please. iwas to be at Mom's 1 1/2 hours ago and they will all be upset because of the illness i did not call etc.
I should mention that We would have to put a guy in full time to make these slants and demand would have to justify that.
So please do a poll for us.

Thanks
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 11-24-2005, 05:49 PM

iwo jima is off the scale

Taz, your rig sounds sweet do you have pictures? Thanks
Old 11-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beastmaster:
Your rear view is practially destroyed anyways. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could always run a rear cam to a SAVV mirror or other monitor that constantly stays on for the rearview.

Old 11-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Hummer Authority

IWO JIMA
I'm hoping to have pics in Dec. or Jan. at the latest. Dragon and I are hiring professional photographer to take Pic of His Celica and MY H2. We have Mags wanting some to see before putting them in the mag. Our shop Boss is a bike freak and His motorcycle is looking like it will be in a mag. He was redoing His bike when We got wind that it may happen.
I do have what it looked like in the pic thread. I think it is under Rick's Stealth Gray
It will still look simialr but, Dragon and I just keep hearing from the shop Boss that I will like the paint job Dragon could tell You more on the mumbers but, paint and labor is most likely $10,000 and I could be way off either way. I just know they are not holding back on what is being done. Dragon is running the interior design and electronics with Our computer buddy David and there is not the most expensive stuff but, allot of sponsored items.
Infinity sponsored the full sound in their component system so We can show people how it sounds with all their product. Dragon has figured out how to get door chimes to work without having a speaker hooked to the Bose amp. WE have gone with a Infinity amp up front. So if anyone needs it i will be selling My complete Bose sytem and many other things. I'll put a list up on classified later.

TAZ
Old 11-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Hummer Guru

Old 11-24-2005, 10:31 PM
Hummer Guru

Old 11-24-2005, 10:52 PM
Hummer Expert

Sure. I wrote a writeup on it.

http://24.248.84.138/hummers/Califor...ck_install.htm

There's a bunch of pics in the review.

-Steve

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, can you post a couple fo pics on your slantback and how it securs tiself to the truck? Also a couple pics of it opened? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>