H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-04-2006, 02:10 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Palo Alto Online News

Uploaded: Monday, December 19, 2005, 4:37 PM

Hit-and-run driver injures pedestrian

An unidentified man suffered a broken leg while crossing Alma Street at Lytton Avenue in downtown Palo Alto shortly after 3 p.m. today, but the driver sped south on Alma and was believed to turn east on University Avenue.

Police Officer Wayne Benitez said the vehicle was identified as a Toyota Prius. Police have begun a search for the driver, who if found could face felony hit-and-run charges. No other details were immediately available.

The victim lay in the middle of the street for a time while he was treated by paramedics before being transported to Stanford Hospital.

--------------------------------------------
Should I post this on a prius site? They're all a bunch of pricks anyway....maybe it'll be an early birthday present for their fat, caffeinated ego.

Their bottom line may be that they and their pansy ass tin can rules the road, but if it were their daughter, sister, mother, friend hit by a speeding sissy prius they would suffer the epiphany that their tail-chasing cerebrum denies them.

RAAARRRRR!!!!

'03 H2
Old 03-04-2006, 02:10 AM

bggrnchvy is off the scale

Biker may have screwed up, but thats just as likely the driver did. Either way the driver left the scene, making him or her the asshat.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by bggrnchvy:
Biker may have screwed up, but thats just as likely the driver did. Either way the driver left the scene, making him or her the asshat.

agreed.

'03 H2
Old 03-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

IF the Hummer driver ran a stop sign, then the driver is responsible and should pay the consequences.

I find it interesting that if a Hummer is involved in an accident it is somehow news. I’m sure the girl would have been just fine had she been hit by a Toyota Sequoia instead of a Hummer. You’ve got to love a large SUV named after a California tree!

You bikers are even more vulnerable than motorcyclists on the road. I’m not siding with someone that MAY have broken a traffic law, but you have to realize colliding with almost anything on the road (even a Prius) can help you meet Allah and receive your 72 virgins.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:17 AM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote: If it is the biker's fault then why are the police looking for the Hummer? The assumption that the biker didn't follow "the rules of the road" is unfounded, an early birthday present from your fat, caffeinated ego.

Hey a$$hole, maybe If you have posted the facts in your first post. People might not have flamed you so bad, keep up your sh*t and you will find an over caffinated foot in your A$$! Trust me 5 miles is not long trip to prove a point junior.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:18 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

It made CNN, but the truck wasn't identified as a HUMMER, just SUV. I was suprised.

They also said the driver was swerving towards people before it happened and the truck was going about 40mph.

Prius, HUMMER, at 40 it doesn't really matter.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:33 AM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by ratesguy:
What pisses me off is I rarely see a bicyclist obeying the rules of the road.

I hate this excuse that's often made by a-hole car drivers (not you Ratesguy). They whine about bikers "not following the law". However, most states have a LAW that says when you see a biker on the road you need to give him 3 or 4 feer clearance when you pass. No car driver does that, yet they whine about those the "lawbreaker" bikers.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:42 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CO Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ratesguy:

I hate this excuse that's often made by a-hole car drivers (not you Ratesguy). They whine about bikers "not following the law". However, most states have a LAW that says when you see a biker on the road you need to give him 3 or 4 feer clearance when you pass. No car driver does that, yet they whine about those the "lawbreaker" bikers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I like to see how close I can get my mirror to them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I like to touch them with it.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:04 AM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by CO Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ratesguy:

I hate this excuse that's often made by a-hole car drivers (not you Ratesguy). They whine about bikers "not following the law". However, most states have a LAW that says when you see a biker on the road you need to give him 3 or 4 feer clearance when you pass. No car driver does that, yet they whine about those the "lawbreaker" bikers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I give them the same amount of room as they give me when they ride beside a line of cars waiting at a red light.

Like George Carlin says - Broomsticks should be legal!
Old 03-04-2006, 03:10 AM
Hummer Guru

Just be glad we don't have this problem....

'03 H2
Old 03-04-2006, 03:13 AM

Flocking is off the scale

Quote:
Hey a$$hole, maybe If you have posted the facts in your first post. People might not have flamed you so bad, keep up your sh*t and you will find an over caffinated foot in your A$$! Trust me 5 miles is not long trip to prove a point junior.

What I like to see in my seniors is the ability to write curse words with dollar-signs in them.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:24 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally posted by Flocking:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey a$$hole, maybe If you have posted the facts in your first post. People might not have flamed you so bad, keep up your sh*t and you will find an over caffinated foot in your A$$! Trust me 5 miles is not long trip to prove a point junior.

What I like to see in my seniors is the ability to write curse words with dollar-signs in them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What the **** does that mean? Does your mommy know you're on her computer, or is she busy making money in the bedroom again.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:32 AM

Flocking is off the scale

You cut me deep, Elmo.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:44 AM
Hummer Messiah

I think I'll step on the gas a little harder tomorrow. Heck, what do I care anyway?
Old 03-04-2006, 03:51 AM

bggrnchvy is off the scale

Why is it that the only answer to critisism on this forum is profanity and poorly contrived insults?

I don't get it, if someone doesn't like your Hummer are they automatically a hippy?

Am I a troll too?

Im just here to understand the H2 thing and maybe push a little tech.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:57 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't like Hummers, yet hang around in the most active HUMMER forum in the world, then yes, you be TROLL.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Far from it! We Elcovan embraces our trolls with deep affection and grateful RRAARRRH!!!11