H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-28-2003, 07:13 PM

DiscoDancingRover is off the scale

I have seen the one from the movie in person, it is modified a bit. It was kinda odd however that the speedometer was at 47 mph, I didn't get that. I just don't like the tires they have
Old 07-28-2003, 07:25 PM

ItsaJeepThing95 is off the scale

So why isn't this thread showing up in the forum anymore?

EDIT: It's back now . . . weird.

[This message was edited by ItsaJeepThing95 on 07-28-03 at 02:35 PM.]
Old 07-28-2003, 07:30 PM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

No need for a jeep topic on a Hummer forum.. Don't ya think???

I think that it is very interesting that the guys from the jeep forums have nothing better to do than to come over to the Hummer Forum and talk smack a little.. I do not see many from here on other forums, so I am not sure whether they are looking for topics to flame, things to talk about or just bored and maybe thinking about dropping the benjamins for a real offroad rig?? We shall see....

BADRAP
03 H2, Lux, Pewter
03 BMW 525i, Titanium Gray Metallic, Black Leather
COMING SOON: BMW 745Li, Titanium Gray, Gray Flannel Leather..
H2 Club - Houston Chapter..
badrap@sbcglobal.net

[This message was edited by BADRAP on 07-28-03 at 02:39 PM.]
Old 07-28-2003, 07:44 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Very interesting!!!

I'm pleased to see some Jeepers visiting the site AND contributing in a positive manner. Long ago we were hit by a bunch of nasty-ass jerks who were extremely abrasive and made it a point to be offensive/arrogant and obnoxious.

I was noticing how pleasant these guys were and wondering....then I saw the pics and realized what it is: they've got Grand Cherokee's....not considered "real" Jeeps by authentic Jeepers.

The thread was probably shifted into another category and then brought back when seen it wasn't going to get ugly. Good!

make sure you check out some of the videos....some of us take these things offroad!
Old 07-28-2003, 07:56 PM

I think a LITTLE surprised is a bit of an understatement. I was damn near shocked!
Old 07-29-2003, 03:02 AM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Well...
Some of you saw that they eventually shut down the thread on the other site. It got way outta hand and ended up with a local guy threating me. Apparently I'm going to get beaten up by a guy in big blue and white Bronco. His name is Ryan Robinson. The guy (Ryan) directly confirms to me that he is threatening me and that I've "just made an enemy". Then he ALL CAPS me saying "I'LL SEE YOU ON THE TRAIL". I told the guy that he went way over the line which made him more upset. The site manager posted a well deserved nasty gram about how unacceptable the bully behavior was (http://www.colorado4x4.org/ubb/ultim...;f=3;t=005225). Props to him. I must say that I was shocked. Those that have come over to post on this site/thread are the mild ones who don't seem to have a chip on their shoulder. I received a number of private emails from other members on the site apologizing for their behavior and his. Weird.

Wow...interesting day. I couple of valuable lessons for me:
(1) Don't get involved in the trivial b**sh*t emails wars. Nothing good will come from them.
(2) Be careful about referring to the hard core guys are 'rednecks'. I had no idea how sensitive this term is for them. I truly didn't know that it was a 'stigma' they with. They think most of the H2 owners think that of them. It's really not what I think of ALL of them -- just my feeling about a couple that went ape on me.
(3) Let's keep this site the way it is - above board. I read most every post here and have NEVER seen anything like what went on over there. THANKS to Jason for keeping it clean.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:16 AM

I'm glad that thread over there is gone. COHummer, your favorite person over there even started going off on me. I think he was just in the mood for a fight.

I definately understand how you guys feel though, wheelin a Grand isn't quite yet considered "normal" and we get quite a bit of "get your *$%* grocery getter off the trail!" But we usually let them see our rigs at work and they shut up pretty quickly.

Being the "black sheep" of the Jeep family, well until the Liberty came out at least, I know that it takes a while to gain respect in the 4x4 world. If your rig has a t-case and it sees 4lo or dirt/rocks/mud every once in a while and you aren't a cocky arsehole, or you just wanna check out the sport, you're more than welcome to wheel with me!

So who's up for a trail run in CO? I'd really like the chance to see some H2's wheel.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:19 PM

BADRAP is off the scale

JEEP PEOPLE NEED TO STAY ON JEEP FORUMS
Old 07-29-2003, 01:56 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BADRAP:
JEEP PEOPLE NEED TO STAY ON JEEP FORUMS<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you wonder why some of the 4x4 community doesn't like you guys

Anyways, Alec, I've never been up to Wheeler. I was planning on taking it pretty easy the rest of the summer because I really can't afford to repair any add'l damage to my Jeep. Wheeler is definately on my want to do list, but maybe for next summer the way things have been going with my Jeep lately. Have you ever run Bill Moore Lake?
Old 07-29-2003, 02:16 PM

SJ is off the scale

ItsaJeepThing95:

I'll wheel with you any time. The only challenge is that I live near the Cal-Nevada border.

I owned a '96 Grand and I truly enjoy hitting the trails with different vehicles.

It's just plain un-American to be at each other's throats over trivial crap, so I can't relate to the unfriendly behaviour of some folks. Especially given the fact that we share admiration for the same sport.

I'm not a big fan of rock crawling, but I like most aspects of off-roading. If you ever find yourself heading to Northern Nevada or California - it'd be nice to hit the trails.

God Bless America and God Bless Chevy, Jeep, and Ford!
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 07-29-2003, 02:28 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone is welcome here unless they start being a troll. No one likes that on their forum. Welcome JeepThing!

- Dan

-------------------------------------------
SUT on order since 12/02 - 11 months to go!
-------------------------------------------
Old 07-29-2003, 02:40 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Dan. Welcome to the forum, JeepThing.

FYI - My wife has a 93 GC. Last week, I replaced the yellowed headlights with a set of european spec E-Codes. Glass lenses, not plastic. Much better!

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."
Old 07-29-2003, 03:04 PM

BADRAP is off the scale

Hey Phil at this point I don't care.. but thanks for your brillant observation... Just have issues with a few people right now...
Old 07-29-2003, 03:12 PM

Klaus,
Be careful on those headlights with the lenses coming loose and possibly falling off. A few guys have those lights and are issues with that. I think most of them are running much higher wattage lights, but just something to keep an eye on!

Alec,
I'm probably booked for a bit too, not from activities planned, but more from getting my Jeep wheelable again! It's been a 2wd lifted Jeep for about 6 weeks now while I get everything I broke replaced. Bill Moore Lake is a really cool trail, there's an optional rock garden that isnt TOO nasty, and some downright beautiful scenery and a nice lake and ruins of a cabin at the top. Let me know whats a good weekend for you and I'll see if I can't get the Heep up and going by then.

BADRAP,
If you have an issue with me, shoot me a PM and we'll hash it out there.
EDIT: guess this forum doesn't have private messages, shoot me an email isntead: dreicher@tcfbank.com
Old 07-29-2003, 03:17 PM

BADRAP is off the scale

Jepp guy, it is not you.. Goes much deeper...
Old 07-30-2003, 01:50 AM

AlamoJim is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BADRAP:
Jepp guy, it is not you.. Goes much deeper...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have seen vehicle bashing in many forms on many forums over the years...and when I am in my jeep I have been yelled at and thrown the bird by anybody from H2 owners, to import tuners. and I have had fun with both in the right situation. One of the local clubs I have a lot of fun with is not vehicle specific, i have wheeled with or helped work on toyotas, broncos, jeeps, Z71s, Range Rovers - all kinds of offroad vehicles.

is the H2 Recovery Team funny? I think so, but I laughed pretty hard at the Hummer with the sticker that said "Jeep - It's what's for Dinner"...I think the soap box derby H2 is funny - but that is me.

If I am on the trail and your broke down...I will break out my tools and do everything I can to get you home - no questions asked or money expected (even you BADRAP!)...I have given parts and tools to perfect strangers, rides to people I didn't know, driven a lady all over town looking for a part while her husband waited by the truck - drinking out of my cooler since they didn't have one.
I keep a small floor jack and tire repair kit in my jeep during the week - I fix flats for people and air up their tires all the time - even ricers - I loaned my floor jack to a guy while I went into the store, didn't know him from adam.

It's more a matter of common sense and decency than my jeep or SUV v.s. whatever...

one day that could be me on the other side.

JMO, putting away the soap box now!