H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-31-2004, 08:53 PM

alecs wife is off the scale

I have plenty of pics & vids. Just no where to post all the vids. Care to help?
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any pictures posted with it are the property of Adam in CO and/or his affiliates. The contents of this post are confidential and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under all
Old 10-31-2004, 11:40 PM

alecs wife is off the scale

Looks like the H3 will be kicking 05' Cherokee azz all over the trails. Except for the motor, the H3 specs kill the Jeep. I am sure that true Jeepers will not come to its' defense considering the IFS on the new Jeep. I wonder what inspired that suspension change. Maybe a smoother and more comfortable ride? I can't help to think that there will be some future SAS. I wonder what the pirate guys think?
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any pictures posted with it are the property of Adam in CO and/or his affiliates. The contents of this post are confidential and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under all
Old 11-01-2004, 03:11 AM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

I know for fact the Jeepers are going to slam it, but lets do the math, $30k for a Rubicon or $35K for something that has more room and has the same off road abilities.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

AfroCreame is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sfox:
Hate to say it, but a $35k H3 will NOT have the same off-road capabilites of a Rubi. Since the locker and larger tires are both options (probably not covered at the $35k level), I seriously doubt an H3 can touch a Rubi's capabilities without those upgrades. I am a little worried that we won't see the H3 compete for the Grand Cherokee market as well as GM thinks as the base price is a bit high still and 99% of the potential buyers won't give a crap about true off-road performance.

Seth <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe they're hoping the "because it's a hummer" will bail them out.
2006 Hummer H3 Lux

Bye
2005 Hummer H2 SUT Lux W/Bling!
2004 Hummer H2 SUV Lux
Old 11-01-2004, 11:31 AM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

My answer is a no.

I wouldn't buy it for looks. Other than the Hummer grill, it looks like every other mid-size SUV on the road. That's what sold me on the H2, it's totally different from anything out there.

For off roading, I'd spend my money on a Rubicon or an old CJ I can modify.

Stacy
Old 11-01-2004, 06:52 PM

IPStack is off the scale

Ya, can't say as I would buy one from what I have seen of them.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:26 PM

H2WildGuy is off the scale

I will be trading my 03 H2 in on an H3 and giving it a shot. Save me about 50% on current fuel costs and I have an idea that it will fit up many trails more easily.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:49 PM

IPStack is off the scale

It also has to do with the fact you are an asshat Kerry supporter. Do us a favor, take the H2 back to the dealer you got it from and pick yourself up a nice Ford Explorer.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:59 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2WildGuy:
I will be trading my 03 H2 in on an H3 and giving it a shot. Save me about 50% on current fuel costs and I have an idea that it will fit up many trails more easily. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think your Citroen is going to do much as a trade. Maybe if you cleaned out your pile of soiled adult diapers and hosed out the semen from your customers someone could use it as a planter for mushrooms.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Hummer Professional

DURAMAX TIM is off the scale

I'd get one for the kids to drive or else an older mil Hummer.
Ex H2&3 owner
My hiking boots and canoe paddle have more miles than most 'offroad' vehicles, over 350 in last year.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:47 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I wonder what the pirate guys think?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That H2's suck. Who cares what they think, most of them still think raping animals is a victimless crime .
Old 11-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

Perspec is an unknown quantity at this point

If it weren't for the GM discount and business deduction, I would probably have a look. It seems to have pretty good specs for the money, but we'll have to wait for some real world testing on a production model. Think about it, though. If you had the choice between an H3 and what is out there now (true off-road capable - not wannabe's), what would you choose? I think the H2 is a niche market, but has succeeded in creating strong branding which will lead to a lot of interest in the H3 over say a Jeep Cherokee - especially in the younger set. Regardless of wether we like it or don't like it, I personally think they are going to sell like hotcakes.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

I agree, GM said they plan to sell 90,000 per year.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N2ITNSD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I wonder what the pirate guys think?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That H2's suck. Who cares what they think, most of them still think raping animals is a victimless crime . <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!
Old 11-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

I can totally see the H3 as either the new Soccer Mom(no offense)kind of vehicle or maybe just a young dude who WISHES for an H2.I Personally would NEVER be seen in one, but I won't begrudge anyone who gets one!Hey at least it's KiNdA a Hummer
Old 11-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Perspec:
I think the H2 is a niche market, but has succeeded in creating strong branding which will lead to a lot of interest in the H3 over say a Jeep Cherokee - especially in the younger set. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did the H2 create strong branding. Does a product have to be first to create a strong brand. The brand has been around a lot longer than the H2 hasn't it. Remember the Hummer Brand was the most successful least marketed at one time.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

Perspec is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't say it CREATED the brand. I said it created STRONG branding. In other words, it made it more popular. "Branding allows a company to differentiate themselves from the competition and, in the process, to bond with their customers to create loyalty." - Steve Hall, Marketing Vox News. You've heard the slogan "Like nothing else"? Although Hummer was already popular because of the H1, it became even more popular when the H2 was introduced. It is still a niche market because when you look at the demographics of current customers, you will see it is a pretty specific market. However, more people are FAMILIAR with the Hummer brand because of the H2 which will probably lead to more interest in the H3, IMO.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:43 PM

3lossesalready is off the scale

I read the specs and performance on the H3. They are terrible! There are so many trucks with similar or better capability than the H3 for a lower price and in some instances, better quality to boot.

I don't like it, the clearance sucks, the approach and departure suck and it's not even that cool. I've seen Shaggy do some pretty incredible things in his s10. I just can't see buying an h3. The h2 makes sense because the performance is similar to the H1 for a better price with easier maintenance. H3 looks like a bomb to me. I would honestly pick up a jeep over that or even bet my touareg would outperform that tird.

Sorry to any prospective h3 buyers, I just don't like it. Get an H2 or the improved h1 (or a used one if you have a family member that is a mechanic). I'd probably take the H2 and beef it up where necessary.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:48 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3lossesalready:
I read the specs and performance on the H3. They are terrible! There are so many trucks with similar or better capability than the H3 for a lower price and in some instances, better quality to boot.

I don't like it, the clearance sucks, the approach and departure suck and it's not even that cool. I've seen Shaggy do some pretty incredible things in his s10. I just can't see buying an h3. The h2 makes sense because the performance is similar to the H1 for a better price with easier maintenance. H3 looks like a bomb to me. I would honestly pick up a jeep over that or even bet my touareg would outperform that tird.

Sorry to any prospective h3 buyers, I just don't like it. Get an H2 or the improved h1 (or a used one if you have a family member that is a mechanic). I'd probably take the H2 and beef it up where necessary. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>MEAT HEAD
The H3 will have better ground clearence then the H2"not by much".