H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-25-2002, 01:22 AM

bklynh2srock is off the scale

MAC, yeah, 11/11 is a holiday. My salesman said that was the build date, but my feeling is that there is no way it was actually started on that exact date. KAC had the right idea, that it was the build "week."

Anyone know how long it takes to manufacture a single H2 from start to finish? I've been lurking for a while and haven't seen it discussed yet (sorry if it has)!
but she knows what she knows.
Give that girl wings and that\'s all she wrote.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:14 PM

KAC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bklynh2srock:
Anyone know how long it takes to manufacture a single H2 from start to finish? I've been lurking for a while and haven't seen it discussed yet (sorry if it has)!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My dealer claims mine was completed on 11/12 - seems like a lot to do in one day or even 2 if 11/11 wasn't a holiday (which it wasn't for me!). For it to arrive in southern Virginia on 11/21, it must have been completed pretty quickly after 11/11 though.

Kim

KAC
'03 Red Adv Series
Old 11-29-2002, 02:28 PM

Peyton77 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AngUPS:
I am on my 6th week of a 6-8 week wait. How long is it taking at this time? I have called the dealer (Coral Cadillac) and they say there is no information on the build date. Is this the same all around, or is there a way to find out when it will go onto production? I did not recieve any type of invoice or contract when I ordered it, is this normal? I can hardly wait until it is here!!!!

Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I too live in south florida, i have been to Coral, and they were not to nice, i am thinking about schmucker, by the looks of it they have like 30 units on site, i have also seen about 40 units on site in orlando, i would think with all these vehicles sitting there they would be anxious to get rid of a few. Anyways back to coral, the older gentleman told me to give him $1,500 to order one and then he would let me drive one, fully refundable of course, i did not like that comment, kind of made me mad, anyways what i am getting at is, did they treat you right, and if possible did you pay over MSRP?

Peyton

Old 11-29-2002, 02:43 PM

AngUPS is off the scale

Peyton,

I test drove the H2 at Wiliamson in Miami, I then went to Coral and gave the $1,500 down to order. They did order but gave me no paperwork other than a receipt. I was concerned after about 7 weeks and requested a build date, they were very evasive and I finally called the Hummer main office and had them call Coral to get an order #. When I finally was called that mine was in the air conditioner was not working properly, after two days of being promised it would be fixed I was able to pick it up. In my opinion they are very unresponsive to the needs of the customers and I plan to let the Hummer main office know. I am very happy with the H2 and love driving it around. The reason I did not buy from Williamson is that they said the wait for one with the moon roof might be around 5 to 6 months and they tried to talk me into an after market installer which I did not want. Good luck and let us know how the other dealers are treating you. I did pay MSRP at Coral.
Old 11-29-2002, 02:45 PM

Bill Kervaski is off the scale

Looks like H2's are starting to show up in large numbers at dealerships now. My dealer has 11 on the lot (Crest HUMMER, Birmignham, Alabama).

- Bill
Old 11-29-2002, 03:32 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

The deposit when ordering H2 was $5,000 here.
Still no H2 on the lot.
Look like GM can do a little adjusment in vehicle distribution.
40 on the lot! if possible, please take a photo, would be fun to see that.
Old 11-29-2002, 04:11 PM

sheag is off the scale

At the dealership where I'm buying they have mostly H1s and they are deeply discounting them in order to try and make room for more H2s. They have consistently about 6 H2s on the lot and about 40 or more H1s, new and used. I'm waiting to close on my house to buy my H2 and I found out today my closing date got set back a week, from this Monday the 2nd to the 9th. I'm so bummed! I was planning a road trip in my H2 next week! Currently there are three orange ones on the lot, two with lux/adv pkgs and one just with the adv pkg, which is the one I'd prefer, and I'm hoping at least one of them is still there in a week and a half. The orange one I test drove had been there two weeks. My sales guy said the yellow and pewter ones are selling the fastest off the lot which I thought was interesting, those are the two colors I like least. They only had orange and red ones on the lot and I saw on the delivery white board they're getting in some white, black, red, and another orange. I'm hoping the orange isn't too popular in this part of the country and that might be what's keeping them on the lot.

Shea
Old 11-29-2002, 04:36 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Shea, money talks, otherwise whatever anyone say is just hot air to the dealer. Go in their and put a desposit down. In most cases, deposits on autos are always refundable.
Old 11-29-2002, 05:20 PM

Peyton77 is off the scale

Wow that was fast, thanks for your quick turn around time. All of the car dealers in south flordia seem to be very rude, i can only say that JM Lexus & Braman BMW are the only places i have ever enjoyed buying a car. I am a Gen Xer and will be contacting all local dealers through email, hopefully i get what i want with out trying to be pressured into anything. The car buying experiance sux, but i am sure it will pay off once i try to squeeze my new H2 into my gargae...

Peyton

WWW.GIANTBANK.COM

Old 11-29-2002, 05:53 PM

sheag is off the scale

Mac, the dealer wanted more for a deposit (5K) than I was willing to put down, most of my money is tied up in my house and I was willing to wait and risk it since they not only had orange ones sitting on the lot, but more coming in. But now that my closing date is set back I may consider it this weekend. It would suck to show up with cash in hand only to find out that they're all gone and I'd have to put in an order and wait 2+ months.

Shea
Old 11-29-2002, 06:18 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

It is all destiny. Whats yours will be yours, whats not yours, will not be yours no matter how hard you try.
Old 11-30-2002, 03:25 AM

dricksar is off the scale

My H2's Build date was November 11, 2002 and was delivered on November 21, 2002. This should give you an idea how will it take from the build date to delivery. The vehicle is actually built on 11/11 and was send to the shipping yard the same day. it took 3 days at the yard and off it went to the distribution center in los angeles from there the distrubution center has 72 hours to deliver to the dealership. your dealer should be able to give you your vehicles build date. If you have a good salesman like i had, I knew my VIN number the next day after my H2 was built. and gave tracking info where the vehicle was.