H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-27-2005, 02:25 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn, you need to do this in Denver. Patrot- WTH? HGW- is not ripping anyone off? He's helping someone out with prices and offering a professioanl install at a discounted price. I don't see an issue here with taking him up on a noffer like that (if you want a SC) and than doing him the favor in return by going to two events in 12 months (that would be fun btw).

Hell, if he had one for the H3........ I'd go to serval events for him out here.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:35 AM
Hummer Expert

JMV1210 is an unknown quantity at this point

HGW,
Not sure if you do this, but do you install strobe lights and wigwags for the alt head lights. May want to have this done if I go to the event and make the lap.

Also, I still need my Chrome door buckets installed on the Hummer. When next week would be a good time?
Old 08-27-2005, 09:09 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I unfortunately cannot go as i have a show already scheduled for that date for which My company is a sponsor of the sound competion and We have Jermaine Tayor the new middle weight champ who will be their for My dealer and is coming to My booth and hang out because We are friends, so He is going to sign autographs. I'm trying to work a time to match his schedule to discuss His new 2006 that i will customize so We can layout what he wants or if he wants to just leave it to us. So We are hopng to pin Him down some at the show. He is able to stay in one place for only so long as He is asked for allot in the appearance world and he is such a nice guy he has a hard time telling people no. If not for this reason, which is a huge oppurtunity for Us and a Blessing i would go just to go see John I would just have to haul and make Him buy My fuel so everyone could see one of the 2 best looking H2's at the show including John's of course . I was afraid it would happen when John got screwed by a so called partner in the endeavor he moved into and that is all i will say about that. John and I are on the same page and doing similar things on the national level just in different areas which makes helping each other more fun becasue We do not have to compete. We do things for each other that the other is not up to speed at yet. We teach each other and as friends enjoy each others company. We both have gotten so busy that We do not get together as much but it changes nothing as all He has to do is call and all i have to do is call. Now I would like to address his offer.

His promotion is a very good offer if You have been out hustleing up sponsor's as he and I do. It is way better to get them to all pool there money and put 30 to 40 grand in Your rig than You doing it and still have expense to cover to haul it around and pay show entry fees etc. then You pay Your shop guys as You close down and take them with you.
I'm in the business now for a while and John shorted his promotion savings not trying to make it look to big of a deal. He offered a discount of around $1500 on install easily and Him saying he will sale it for wholesale He actually shorted the benefit numbers considerabley. He is offering install for a $1500 discount as mentioned but, if you have not bought a retail SC then He just saved You about $2000 to $2500 more dollars on top of install in the cost of the SC. John I know You well enough You know Your numbers better than that You must have just been caught off guard. What John is doing is saving a guy right around $4000 for a professionally installed SC which comes to around 50% off what you would normally pay retail for a reputable professionally installed even as LPE costs more. Now if $4000 is not worth going to a couple of shows which by the way are very fun to do then somebody is living in a world I do not understand.

John I appoligize for not being able to come and support you as i had planned on the first bigger show until again Your were screwed out of and just absolutely reniged on. I know You do not call it that hard but, I will call it what it is.
John We have a booth at another show this weekend I told You about and I will try to call You some time Saturday.
I again am sorry Buddy for not being able to support you this time. I will do My best to do better next time. I know the date was more last minute because of being jerked around.
I may still be coming to a NYC show in Oct. 05 but, it may be moved to spring 06. I have been asked as an invited guest not to compete. I'm starting to get more inquireies like that so I'm thinking of coming up with a fee scale somehow as all call and ask what would it cost for me to bring to let people look at it. I'm humbled and honored that with the word as it get's around in the show world and the good words you put in for Me is taking Me to a different level than I thought i would move to. I have 5 companies wanting to use the H2 in SEMA but, all have to small of space and trying to trade up but, it is almost futile. Come next year i will have My own booth to promote HUMMERcustoms.com and Motorsportsauthority.com
The companies are wanting to work me in even if I cannot be in their booth but working deal where I will run My sponsor lop on the PC on all screens and a 27" monitor with wifi to get feed outside on a table. John if You know of anyone as sometimes there are cancelations by companies and need last minute rigs. would You please help as i check around and work with these others as I have told them first come first serve. I told them rig is free but, i would like 2 rooms for crew and fuel to haul it there and back. The organizers said I should bring it because there will be no shows and He will just move me in for a vendor so they will have something to bling and draw eyes to them. Not wild about it but, i need to promote some sponsors there.
In fact anyone that may know off a company needing a nice rig the offer stands for them as well.
John is straight up on the difficulty of the sponsor world. I'm going throught it now. You have to show them how You will be able to benefit them in promoting there product and each sponsor has different expetations. You have to give them a list of Your show schedule and if you miss You have to be accountable for why as they expect You to be there. Mine have been more lenient as it has been as major retool most of the summer and like John have people tell you they will do something and then screw you and You have to hunt someone else or eat it yourself and spend the money as it most likely is cool and you need it anyway.
Well anyway I wold anyone in the area go and have fun and take a shot at the prize it is a good deal.
Sorry John hopefully next time.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 08-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Hummer Professional

Location: GAIN INFORMATION AND EDUCATION RELATING TO HUMMER H2\'S
H2BRUTE is off the scale

Sounds like a great deal and more than anything "fun". Wish you could make it also to S Florida. Tons of H2's here, now H3's as well.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:51 AM

MUH_HUM is off the scale

I'm west coast but would love to go to this thing. I think it would be fun. HGW, keep doin' what you're doing. Your knowledge and expertise are VERY valued on this forum. Both you and TAZ make me laugh because I say to myself, good God, how do these guys know this ****. I'm lucky if I can change the F*ing tire!

In this day and age, the fact that you can get sponsorship means you know what you're doing and have a successful business venture.

Keep the faith brother.